Tuscon Arizona school district bans racial hatred books

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
the district banned books, suggested by a Mexico group, that try to paint America an an oppressor.
the teachers have been instructed not to teach any similar ideology.

i figure the ACLU will be there in about 5 minutes to make sure the anti-American propaganda is undisturbed.

the district banned books, suggested by a Mexico group, that try to paint America an an oppressor.
the teachers have been instructed not to teach any similar ideology.

i figure the ACLU will be there in about 5 minutes to make sure the anti-American propaganda is undisturbed.

Link to article (s) please?

I can't believe they banned Rethinking Columbus.

CORRECTION: Actually, I can believe that "Arizona" would ban a book like Rethinking Columbus.

Last edited:

CORRECTION: Actually, I can believe that "Arizona" would ban a book like Rethinking Columbus.

I have no problem with teaching this curriculum at a college level.
That being said, if school districts are going to teach to 'overthrow America' (garnered by the links provided) then they should also teach the flip side, at the same time.

What does the Prof say?

That being said, if school districts are going to teach to 'overthrow America' (garnered by the links provided) then they should also teach the flip side, at the same time.

What does the Prof say?

Have you ever read Rethinking Columbus?

let me guess...
it turns out the Aztecs weren't cuting out people's hearts and pushing them down the pyramid...they were performing open-heart-surgery.
...then Colombus floated in and killed everyone.

:)

What does the Prof say?

*confused*
My post was responding to the links provided.

Feel free to educate me though.

Last edited:

What does the Prof say?

*confused*
My post was responding to the links provided.

Feel free to educate me though.

I knew you weren't addressing me, but I was responding to your comment about "teaching this curriculum at a college level" - which was why I asked if you'd ever read the book. It needs to be taught in the "early" stages of education - not later. Otherwise, children get stuck with the same old whitewashed version of Columbus...

Of course kids have to be brainwashe...er...indoctrinated into left-wing ideology at an early age so that it 'takes' properly. NK knows how to do it right, right?

I reject the characterization that any books were actually 'banned'.

I'm pretty sure anybody can go find these books at a bookstore or a library and read them without fear of legal repercussion. It's been a long long time since any books were actually banned folks.

What we're talking about here is establishing a public school curriculum. Clearly not every book ever written is suitable for such a purpose and judgment must be exercised. You're free to disagree with said judgment in this case or any other. But screaming about book banning and censorship just makes you an uneducated retard.

Telling the truth about Columbus is "anti-American"? Very telling..

Lies about Columbus is considered "pro-America"? Nice...

Forum List

Back