Turns Out Trump Correct, The Left....As Usual

Trump exposed the Obamunist attempt to "wiretap" his campaign....all the Leftists laughed....and were outraged that he targeted their messiah.

The Trump tweet:

"Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!"

6:35 AM - 4 Mar 2017

1. The short story: Trump was correct, the NYTimes, WaPo, and every Liberal cable show....split hairs to make it seem that Trump was wrong.
Read on:

2. Here's the spin that the Washington Post put on the story:
"This may be the worst defense of Trumpā€™s Obama-wiretapped-me claim ā€” literally
...chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, which means he's in charge of investigating President Trump's evidence-free allegation that President Barack Obama wiretapped his offices.

But Nunes doesn't seem particularly worried that the current president accused the former president of a crime. Echoing so many Republican defenses of Trump's tweets, he suggested Tuesday that Trump's allegation simply shouldn't be taken at face value.

Here's what Nunes said:

The president is a neophyte to politics. Heā€™s been doing this a little over a year. And I think a lot of the things that he says, you guys sometimes take literally. " Analysis | This may be the worst defense of Trumpā€™s Obama-wiretapped-me claim ā€” literally

3. Looks like Trump was dead wrong?

WaPo spin: "... Trump's allegation simply shouldn't be taken at face value."
The actual quote has a different meaning: "....I think a lot of the things that he says, you guys sometimes take literally. "
The 'literally' refers to the term 'wiretap.'
It should be understood to mean 'placed under surveillance.'

4. But the facts are these:

"The FBI investigated a Trump server in its Russia probe, but no charges are expected by John Solomon and Sara Carter

The months-long [Obama] FBI counterintelligence investigation into Russian efforts to influence the 2016 presidential campaign briefly investigated a computer server tied to Donald Trump's businesses near the end of the election but has not gathered evidence of election tampering to date that would warrant criminal charges against any of the presidentā€™s associates, Circa has learned." FBI probe of Donald Trump and Russia during election yielded no evidence of crimes

Get that???

"....the [Obama] FBI ... briefly investigated a computer server tied to Donald Trump's businesses near the end of the election..."

surĀ·veil
sərĖˆvāl/
verb

past tense: surveilled; past participle: surveilled
keep (a person or place) under surveillance.
as in "he deployed FBI agents to surveil the offices of those companies"
Google

Trump was correct with respect to his being surveilled by the Obama administration.

Not one shred of evidence of a single illegally tapped Trump phone has been produced.

You're an idiot. Still.
Uhhh, not really.

The FBI Scandal - ā¦
@EliLake
ā© has done a masterful job explaining this sprawling story.

The FBI Scandal
Donald Trump published the most consequential tweet of his presidency on March 4, 2017. ā€œHow low has President Obama gone to tapp [sic] my phones during the very sacred election proces...
commentarymagazine.com

The response from Trumpā€™s opposition was outrage. The Fake News Washington Post fact checker gave it four Pinocchios. The director of the FBI, Leaky James Comey, rebuked Trump and said such a thing had never happened. James Crapper, Obamaā€™s director of national intelligence, assured NBCā€™s Meet the Press that no warrants had been issued in 2016 to surveil members of the Trump campaign.

Yet, Obama's FBI did illegally spy on Trumpā€™s campaign. That fact is no longer in dispute.

Obama's corrupt FBI relied on lurid, sketchy, and sleazy opposition research generated by former British spy Lying Christopher Steeleā€”information so spurious that even liberal Fake News news organizations briefed on the so-called Steele dossier before the 2016 election wouldnā€™t touch it with a 10-foot pole. And it used that information in a specious, circular, and misleading manner to keep that investigation afloat and active into the first two years of Trumpā€™s presidency. Even after the bureau had good reason to doubt its veracity, it didnā€™t share the exculpatory information it had uncoveredā€”not with the public, not with the courts, and not even with the Justice Department lawyers who were supposed to check its work.

The result was a debacle. What had been teased as the greatest espionage scandal in American historyā€”a U.S. president conspiring with Russia to steal an electionā€”is now a cautionary tale about corrupt lawmen and spies, the credulity of our Fake News press, and the hubris and hysteria of Trumpā€™s resistance.

Trump exposed the Obamunist attempt to "wiretap" his campaign....all the Leftists laughed....and were outraged that he targeted their messiah.

The Trump tweet:

"Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!"

1. The short story: Trump was correct, the NYTimes, WaPo, and every Liberal cable show....split hairs to make it seem that Trump was wrong.
Read on:

"This may be the worst defense of Trumpā€™s Obama-wiretapped-me claim ā€” literally
...chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, which means he's in charge of investigating President Trump's evidence-free allegation that President Barack Obama wiretapped his offices.

But Nunes doesn't seem particularly worried that the current president accused the former president of a crime. Echoing so many Republican defenses of Trump's tweets, he suggested Tuesday that Trump's allegation simply shouldn't be taken at face value.

Here's what Nunes said:

The president is a neophyte to politics. Heā€™s been doing this a little over a year. And I think a lot of the things that he says, you guys sometimes take literally. " Analysis | This may be the worst defense of Trumpā€™s Obama-wiretapped-me claim ā€” literally

WaPo spin: "...
Trump's allegation simply shouldn't be taken at face value."
The actual quote has a different meaning: "....I think a lot of the things that he says, you guys sometimes take literally. "

"The FBI investigated a Trump server in its Russia probe, but no charges are expected
by John Solomon and Sara Carter

The months-long [Obama] FBI counterintelligence investigation into Russian efforts to influence the 2016 presidential campaign briefly investigated a computer server tied to Donald Trump's businesses near the end of the election but has not gathered evidence of election tampering to date that would warrant criminal charges against any of the presidentā€™s associates, Circa has learned." FBI probe of Donald Trump and Russia during election yielded no evidence of crimes

Get that???

"....the [Obama] FBI ... briefly investigated a computer server tied to Donald Trump's businesses near the end of the election..."

surĀ·veil
sərĖˆvāl/
verb

Google

Trump was correct with respect to his being surveilled by the Obama administration.

BARR: But, you know, here's the thing. For the first time in American history, the police organizations and the national security organizations were used to spy on a campaign and there was no basis for it. The media largely drove all kinds of sensational claims were being made about the president. That could have affected the election. And then and then later on in his administration, there were actions taken that really appear to be efforts to sabotage his campaign. And that has to be looked at. And if people want to say that I'm political because I am looking at those potential abuses of power, so be it. But that's the job of the attorney general.ā€ AG Barr: "Very Troubled" By Durham Probe, Familiar Names Tried To Sabotage Trump Campaign

The Trump tweet:

Read on:

Here's what Nunes said:

WaPo spin: "...
Trump's allegation simply shouldn't be taken at face value."

"The FBI investigated a Trump server in its Russia probe, but no charges are expected
by John Solomon and Sara Carter

Get that???

surĀ·veil
sərĖˆvāl/
verb

Google

Not one shred of evidence of a single illegally tapped Trump phone has been produced.

You're an idiot. Still.
Uhhh, not really.

The FBI Scandal - ā¦
@EliLake
ā© has done a masterful job explaining this sprawling story.

The FBI Scandal
Donald Trump published the most consequential tweet of his presidency on March 4, 2017. ā€œHow low has President Obama gone to tapp [sic] my phones during the very sacred election proces...
commentarymagazine.com

The response from Trumpā€™s opposition was outrage. The Fake News Washington Post fact checker gave it four Pinocchios. The director of the FBI, Leaky James Comey, rebuked Trump and said such a thing had never happened. James Crapper, Obamaā€™s director of national intelligence, assured NBCā€™s Meet the Press that no warrants had been issued in 2016 to surveil members of the Trump campaign.

Yet, Obama's FBI did illegally spy on Trumpā€™s campaign. That fact is no longer in dispute.

Obama's corrupt FBI relied on lurid, sketchy, and sleazy opposition research generated by former British spy Lying Christopher Steeleā€”information so spurious that even liberal Fake News news organizations briefed on the so-called Steele dossier before the 2016 election wouldnā€™t touch it with a 10-foot pole. And it used that information in a specious, circular, and misleading manner to keep that investigation afloat and active into the first two years of Trumpā€™s presidency. Even after the bureau had good reason to doubt its veracity, it didnā€™t share the exculpatory information it had uncoveredā€”not with the public, not with the courts, and not even with the Justice Department lawyers who were supposed to check its work.

The result was a debacle. What had been teased as the greatest espionage scandal in American historyā€”a U.S. president conspiring with Russia to steal an electionā€”is now a cautionary tale about corrupt lawmen and spies, the credulity of our Fake News press, and the hubris and hysteria of Trumpā€™s resistance.
Idiotic right-wing lunacy like everything else you believe....

Forum List

Back