Turns out Obama was right about the Space Program.

Uh oh, you just lost the right wing. If you spend any time on this board, you will find right wingers calling scientists lazy elitists who don't contribute a thing to the country. Education is "just a piece of paper". PEW Poll results pegs the number of American Scientists identifying as Republican at 6%.

I did spend two weeks at NASA some years ago when they bought a "Cone Calorimeter" from the company I was working at, at that time. This Calorimeter was specially developed with a high O2 content vitiated system after the tragic fire that killed several astronauts. The purpose was to test flammable materials at a higher O2 content.

The location was at White Sands. It was an amazing two weeks. Several scientists stopped by to view the Cone Calorimeter at one time or another and invited us to witness some of the tests they were conducting. A couple we were allowed to watch, a couple we weren't.

Being a lowly engineer, talking to these guys was a true eye opener. The ones I talked to impressed me as brilliant and totally unaware of that fact. One surprise was the number of foreign scientists working there. The manager of the area we were working in was from "Transylvania" and yes, he did talk like Bela Lugosi.
you are such an idiot

The problem with you is you are a silly turd. You just call names. You don't have a position on anything. Just name calling and stalking. You really are pathetic.
i keep telling you you are an idiot, because thats what you post like

David Mindell, the Frances and David Dibner Professor of the History of Engineering and Manufacturing and director of MIT’s Program in Science, Technology, and Society, said that Bolden’s defense of Obama’s proposal wasn’t surprising, given that it’s his job to do so. “But the proposal does recommend a fresh approach that, though risky, could reinvigorate human spaceflight in the U.S. and restart research — at MIT and many other places — that had been sacrificed for the Constellation program,” he said.

NASA chief defends Obama

That is the plan of Alliant Techsystems of Minneapolis — the aerospace company more commonly known as ATK, which manufacturers the solid rocket motors for NASA’s space shuttles — and Astrium, a European company that builds Ariane 5 rockets, which are used to launch satellites. The two will announce on Tuesday what is essentially a commercial version of the Ares I, the expensive NASA rocket that Congress and the Obama administration canceled last year.

The Ares I, part of a bloated NASA program to send astronauts back to the moon, could become a success story in the Obama administration’s effort to shape a more affordable space program with the help of the private sector. NASA’s so-called commercial crew program is seeking companies to build and operate space taxis to take astronauts to the International Space Station.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/08/business/global/08rocket.html?src=busln

Buzz Aldrin: Steps Taken Following Obama's Direction "Will Best Position NASA And Other Space Agencies To Send Humans To Mars." From astronaut Buzz Aldrin's statement on Obama's NASA plan:

Krauthammer Falsely Claims Obama "Killed NASA's Manned Space Program" | Media Matters for America

I get so tired of the whining and moaning of the right. There are some heavy hitters who have strong opinions about the space program and doing the same thing over again isn't something they are promoting. No one on the unscientific right will give Obama credit for anything. And they only complain about everything he does.

Now some say, "The left complained about Bush". Well, yes they did. And when right wingers were asked to come up with something good that Bush and the Republicans did when they had total control of the government for 6 straight years, no one could come up with a single positive accomplishment.

you are such an idiot

The problem with you is you are a silly turd. You just call names. You don't have a position on anything. Just name calling and stalking. You really are pathetic.

You just can't take the truth. If you don't like what you read, post some "facts" that dispute what I've written. You never add links. You just rant and call names. Your worthless comments are a reflection of your worthless self, I have no doubt.

You just can't take the truth. If you don't like what you read, post some "facts" that dispute what I've written. You never add links. You just rant and call names. Your worthless comments are a reflection of your worthless self, I have no doubt.
you've had facts given to you
you reject them

and as far as being "worthless" that is you to a T you fucking moron

Last edited:

Forum List

Back