Turns out Hansen warming predictions dead wrong!

You are one sick ignorant fool. Now how about the ice melt being so good that coastal towns require oceans rise to be included in new construction plans.

Hey+look+up+bose+then+go+suck+a+bag+_5f7521375bb3d8d1c2967e60071279ce.jpg

You're just a common vacuous drone.

You assholes force anyone who wants to build anything to get "environmental impact studies" done at their own expense and then you drag them into court and try and prevent them from actually doing anything with their property because you found some beetle or spider with a slight color difference than most of the other bugs and you call it an "endangered species".

I've been to island resorts in the pacific over the last 10 years and guess what moonbat? Not a slight difference in the water levels over the entire course of the decade. If you ask the locals that have lived there for over 60 years if they've seen any difference where the water hits the rocks they will all tell you the same thing. Sands shift, solid fucking rock shows the oceans eroding the same area they have been for centuries.

I can see with my own eyes that you sniveling authoritarian parasites are full of shit.

82078064.jpg

Petey, me lad, you are a liar.

11 Islands That Will Vanish When Sea Levels Rise

2007 estimates from the Intergovernmental Panel On Climate Change's most conservative estimates suggest that global sea level will reach increase 8 to 16 inches above 1990 levels by 2090. The National Academy of Sciences predictions from 2009 suggest that by 2100, sea level could increase by anywhere from 16 inches to 56 inches, depending how the Earth responds to changing climate.

In 1988 James Hansen PhD started the current global warming doctrines with predications of major temperature increases, melting of icecaps, and his least likely (according to him) scenario that nothing much would happen.

Well his third option--that nothing much would happen which he deemed highly unlikely back then--seems to be the way it is.

. . .on June 23, 1988, as the NASA scientist testified before the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources during a prolonged heat wave, which he decided to cast as a climate event of cosmic significance. He expressed to the senators his “high degree of confidence” in “a cause-and-effect relationship between the greenhouse effect and observed warming.”. . .

. . .Mr. Hansen’s testimony described three possible scenarios for the future of carbon dioxide emissions. He called Scenario A “business as usual,” as it maintained the accelerating emissions growth typical of the 1970s and ’80s. This scenario predicted the earth would warm 1 degree Celsius by 2018. Scenario B set emissions lower, rising at the same rate today as in 1988. Mr. Hansen called this outcome the “most plausible,” and predicted it would lead to about 0.7 degree of warming by this year. He added a final projection, Scenario C, which he deemed highly unlikely: constant emissions beginning in 2000. In that forecast, temperatures would rise a few tenths of a degree before flatlining after 2000.

Thirty years of data have been collected since Mr. Hansen outlined his scenarios—enough to determine which was closest to reality. And the winner is Scenario C. Global surface temperature has not increased significantly since 2000, discounting the larger-than-usual El Niño of 2015-16. Assessed by Mr. Hansen’s model, surface temperatures are behaving as if we had capped 18 years ago the carbon-dioxide emissions responsible for the enhanced greenhouse effect. But we didn’t. And it isn’t just Mr. Hansen who got it wrong. Models devised by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change have, on average, predicted about twice as much warming as has been observed since global satellite temperature monitoring began 40 years ago. . .​
Thirty Years On, How Well Do Global Warming Predictions Stand Up?

Maybe we should now decide to keep monitoring the climate for any indication of a significant climate shift but otherwise put all those billions into something that would actually accomplish something important and necessary for humankind?

LOL, in my day too Hoss. I really have tried to keep an open mind on all this global warming stuff, but year by year by year it seems to look like more and more of a scam to enrich those who are paid to study it and the politicians who vote to pay them and thereby increase their own power which in turn helps enrich the politicians.

So far nobody has come up with any kind of reasoned argument for why we should continue to accept all the rules and regulations they tell us are necessary to prevent global warming.

You are one sick ignorant fool. Now how about the ice melt being so good that coastal towns require oceans rise to be included in new construction plans.

You assholes force anyone who wants to build anything to get "environmental impact studies" done at their own expense and then you drag them into court and try and prevent them from actually doing anything with their property because you found some beetle or spider with a slight color difference than most of the other bugs and you call it an "endangered species".

I've been to island resorts in the pacific over the last 10 years and guess what moonbat? Not a slight difference in the water levels over the entire course of the decade. If you ask the locals that have lived there for over 60 years if they've seen any difference where the water hits the rocks they will all tell you the same thing. Sands shift, solid fucking rock shows the oceans eroding the same area they have been for centuries.

I can see with my own eyes that you sniveling authoritarian parasites are full of shit.

82078064.jpg

2007 estimates from the Intergovernmental Panel On Climate Change's most conservative estimates suggest that global sea level will reach increase 8 to 16 inches above 1990 levels by 2090. The National Academy of Sciences predictions from 2009 suggest that by 2100, sea level could increase by anywhere from 16 inches to 56 inches, depending how the Earth responds to changing climate.

Oh Gawd.... the entire world has been hearing for a decade about disappearing islands that never disappear!! C'mon now.... can this forum get serious for even 2 minutes? Nobody cares about a couple of tiny islands getting a 3mm rise in sea level! :bigbed::bigbed::bigbed::bigbed:Show us where people are caring ( outside the realm of academia and internet forums )

82078064.jpg

Oh Gawd.... the entire world has been hearing for a decade about disappearing islands that never disappear!! C'mon now.... can this forum get serious for even 2 minutes? Nobody cares about a couple of tiny islands getting a 3mm rise in sea level! :bigbed::bigbed::bigbed::bigbed:Show us where people are caring ( outside the realm of academia and internet forums )

Yeah...

I think I will believe my own eyes. I also have family in the pacific who would laugh in old cock's face about "rising sea levels".

It's a scam.

82078064.jpg

Yeah...

I think I will believe my own eyes. I also have family in the pacific who would laugh in old cock's face about "rising sea levels".

It's a scam.

:laughing0301:

If you agreed with that Trumpian thought, you'd be very, very wrong.

James Hansen was interview last year, for a video project. He was asked if he had a message for young people. “The simple thing is, I’m sorry we’re leaving such a fucking mess,” he said.

{ On June 23, 1988—a blisteringly hot day in Washington, D.C.—James Hansen told a Senate committee that “the greenhouse effect has been detected and is changing our climate now.” At the time, Hansen was the head of NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies, and though his testimony was certainly not the first official warning about the “greenhouse effect”—a report to President Lyndon Johnson, in 1965, predicted “measurable and perhaps marked changes in climate” in the decades to follow—it was the first to receive national news coverage. The Times ran the story at the top of the front page, with a graph showing a long-term rise in average global temperatures.

Washington continues to ignore the problem, or, worse still, to actively impede efforts to address it. How can this be?A possible answer, which seems to be the one that Hansen himself, at least in part, subscribes to, is that scientists are to blame.}

It's amazing how many people are still sticking their heads in the sand because they have been told to by media bought and paid for by special interest groups.

Should be worrying abot the 22 trillion in monetized debt we're kicking down the road. That's wha twe should be apologizing for. That's some thing we can factually fix.

But, no. We'll make it worse. We'll keep kicking that can down the road. And we'll get senior discounts on our way out, to rub it in nice and good, lol.

As far as the climate, it changes.

Heck, we can't even take care of our fellow man, how the heck are we going to fix the planet?

Last edited:
Should be worrying abot the 22 trillion in monetized debt we're kicking down the road. That's wha twe should be apologizing for. That's some thing we can factually fix.

But, no. We'll make it worse. We'll keep kicking that can down the road. And we'll get senior discounts on our way out. to rub it in nice and good, lol.

Don't believe what you can see

Even Exxon admitted they know we are contributing to it in dangerous ways.

Our position | ExxonMobil

30 years after warning, global warming "is in our living room" - CBS News

James Hansen was interview last year, for a video project. He was asked if he had a message for young people. “The simple thing is, I’m sorry we’re leaving such a fucking mess,” he said.
{ On June 23, 1988—a blisteringly hot day in Washington, D.C.—James Hansen told a Senate committee that “the greenhouse effect,...
Hey blind or piggy Asshole
Don't you see the "Hansen Prediction" thread just 1 below yours?
Turns out Hansen warming predictions dead wrong!
Now in the 3 position?

You can't be that ******* stupid.
`

{ On June 23, 1988—a blisteringly hot day in Washington, D.C.—James Hansen told a Senate committee that “the greenhouse effect,...
Hey blind or piggy Asshole
Don't you see the "Hansen Prediction" thread just 1 below yours?
Now in the 3 position?
`
Moron, that is a troll bait bullshit thread. Same subject but with bullshit posing as truth. Drudge? LOL

But, no. We'll make it worse. We'll keep kicking that can down the road. And we'll get senior discounts on our way out. to rub it in nice and good, lol.

Heck, we can't even take care of our fellow man, how the heck are we going to fix the planet?
Humans are the most adaptable species (beside cockroaches). We don't have to be all Trumpian and talking about Fixing "I alone can fix it!" We can be rational and logical and stop shitting all over ourselves

Moron, that is a troll bait bullshit thread. Same subject but with bullshit posing as truth. Drudge? LOL
It's a DUPLICATE topic. PERIOD
Mods allowed that OP, and that website is far from the worst used here regularly

YOU do not get to decide if it's valid or not.
What I thought.. you're just an egotistical Pig who thinks he's better.
The board would be Mayhem if everyone had your BS ego.

We can't all start the SAME OPs just because we think we have a better source.

`
Actually, it is a not a duplicate topic. It addresses a different issue entirely. The issue of what the science claimed and what is here in the now. Reality.

Humans are the most adaptable species (beside cockroaches). We don't have to be all Trumpian and talking about Fixing "I alone can fix it!" We can be rational and logical and stop shitting all over ourselves

Probably.

I just don't want to be forced to use a certain kind of light bulb at the barrel of a government gun. Or telling me how much water I can use at the barrel of a government gun. Or forcing me to put solar panels on my house at the barrel of a government gun.

I'd likly do those things myself, but I'm also likely to tell em to go hump themselves just out of spite, if they want to try to force it on me at the barrels of their government guns.

I do not consent to that.

Know what I mean?

The OP is from a June 20th article. It is about Hansen. It also provides links to other content. It is not troll bait like your pal's thread

Listening to James Hansen on Climate Change, Thirty Years Ago and Now

By Elizabeth Kolbert

June 20, 2018

Probably.

I just don't want to be forced to use a certain kind of light bulb at the barrel of a government gun. Or telling me how much water I can use at the barrel of a government gun. Or forcing me to put solar panels on my house at the barrel of a government gun.

I'd likly do those things myself, but I'm also likely to tell em to go hump themselves just out of spite, if they want to try to force it on me at the barrels of their government guns.

Know what I mean?
Now you're arguing over government policies. That stuff has been used as a cover for attacking regulations put into affect to address what Exxon admits is our contribution.

Lightbulbs? Why the talking points, and that barrel of a gun bullshit again

Probably.

Know what I mean?
You and I ultimately both consent to what our elected representative government does in our name. The obligations and duty of citizenship is part of the social compact. We do not have to get our own personal way in order to consider things just

Forum List

Back