Turkey to prosecute four Israeli officials

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
ISTANBUL, (PIC)-- The general prosecution in Turkey has prepared indictment lists against four Israeli officials for their role in the navy attack on the Freedom Flotilla in May 2010 that left nine Turkish nationals killed and dozens injured.

Radio Israel said on Wednesday that the Turkish prosecution was leveling charges against former chief of staff Gabi Ashkenazi and three others, including former intelligence chief and former navy commander.

It said that the Turkish prosecution demanded ten life sentences against each of the four officials for involvement in the attack on the international convoy that was carrying humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip.

Turkey to prosecute four Israeli officials

Agreed.

But then why does Israel still suck up to the US with it violations in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan?

Hey, for allI care, we should stop depending on the USA for anything. You Americans are our friends (some of you, that is) but Israel should stand on its on feet and be able to defend Itself on its own. For our own good, and for the sake of not having to hear the whining of "we give you our taxes" crap.

Agreed.

But then why does Israel still suck up to the US with it violations in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan?

Hey, for allI care, we should stop depending on the USA for anything. You Americans are our friends (some of you, that is) but Israel should stand on its on feet and be able to defend Itself on its own. For our own good, and for the sake of not having to hear the whining of "we give you our taxes" crap.

I agree with that but Israel is always in congress with its hand out like a bunch of bums.

Agreed.

I agree with that but Israel is always in congress with its hand out like a bunch of bums.

I'm not sure I know what that means:eusa_eh:, but.... Oh well

I'm not sure I know what that means:eusa_eh:, but.... Oh well

What part confuses you?

Agreed.

Said Welfare Willie as he waited in the food stamp line.

ISTANBUL, (PIC)-- The general prosecution in Turkey has prepared indictment lists against four Israeli officials for their role in the navy attack on the Freedom Flotilla in May 2010 that left nine Turkish nationals killed and dozens injured.
Looks like the general persecution in Turkey took some time off from murdering kurds and promoting sedition in Syria, of course.

ISTANBUL, (PIC)-- Hebrew press reported that the Turkish government has rejected an Israeli offer of financial compensation to victims of the Freedom Flotilla raid two years ago. The offer was made through a European country.

Haaretz confirmed, on its website on Friday, that Israel had offered to pay six million dollars to victims of Israel's storming of a Gaza-bound Turkish-led aid flotilla to settle lawsuits against the Israeli military.

The Hebrew newspaper quoted the Turkish foreign ministry as saying, "Israel is opposed to declaring publicly that it apologizes and Turkey is not prepared to accept a wording of regret that does not include taking responsibility, which is required in an expression of apology."

Turkey rejects Israeli offer to compensate Freedom Flotilla victims

ISTANBUL, (PIC)-- Hebrew press reported that the Turkish government has rejected an Israeli offer of financial compensation to victims of the Freedom Flotilla raid two years ago. The offer was made through a European country.

Haaretz confirmed, on its website on Friday, that Israel had offered to pay six million dollars to victims of Israel's storming of a Gaza-bound Turkish-led aid flotilla to settle lawsuits against the Israeli military.

The Hebrew newspaper quoted the Turkish foreign ministry as saying, "Israel is opposed to declaring publicly that it apologizes and Turkey is not prepared to accept a wording of regret that does not include taking responsibility, which is required in an expression of apology."

Turkey rejects Israeli offer to compensate Freedom Flotilla victims
Why should Israel apologize? Flotilla tried to run through a legal naval blockade.Six million dollar offer was a generous gesture. Sure Israel was responsible; how else can they enforce a blockade. Hand out gold stars?

Forum List

Back