Turkey sends military into Iraq after Kurds

zzzz

Just a regular American
Jul 24, 2010
Yountsville
In response to the Kurdish attack on Turkey, Turk military forces entered Iraq.

NTV television said Turkish troops have gone some 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) into Iraq and that helicopters were ferrying commandos across the border. Dogan news agency said more than 20 Kurdish rebels were killed in ensuing clashes, but did not provide a breakdown.
"As a friend and ally, the United States will continue to stand with the people and government of Turkey in their fight against the PKK, which the United States has officially designated as a terrorist organization," Francis Ricciardone, the U.S. ambassador to Turkey, said in a statement Wednesday. "No political cause, and no religion, can justify terrorism."
The U.S. shares drone surveillance data with Turkey to aid its fight against the Kurdish rebels and is engaged in talks with Turkey for possible deployment of Predator drones on Turkish soil after U.S. forces leave Iraq, according to the Turkish government.

I guess in a sense this is NATO supported.

Turkey launches incursion into Iraq - Yahoo! News

NTV television said Turkish troops have gone some 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) into Iraq and that helicopters were ferrying commandos across the border. Dogan news agency said more than 20 Kurdish rebels were killed in ensuing clashes, but did not provide a breakdown.
"As a friend and ally, the United States will continue to stand with the people and government of Turkey in their fight against the PKK, which the United States has officially designated as a terrorist organization," Francis Ricciardone, the U.S. ambassador to Turkey, said in a statement Wednesday. "No political cause, and no religion, can justify terrorism."
The U.S. shares drone surveillance data with Turkey to aid its fight against the Kurdish rebels and is engaged in talks with Turkey for possible deployment of Predator drones on Turkish soil after U.S. forces leave Iraq, according to the Turkish government.

Turkey and Iran have also cooperated in attacks on the PKK and the Kurds, Syria would throw their hat in the ring too but they are busy with their own uprising. Once the US Troops leave Iraq completely expect Baghdad to give Turkey the green light to polish off the Kurds once and for all.

Turkey and Iran have also cooperated in attacks on the PKK and the Kurds, Syria would throw their hat in the ring too but they are busy with their own uprising. Once the US Troops leave Iraq completely expect Baghdad to give Turkey the green light to polish off the Kurds once and for all.

I think that this will not happen until there is a Middle Eastern Wide War and and
I see that it still comes.

I think that this will not happen until there is a Middle Eastern Wide War and and

Its coming, you can see people starting to prep for it, Turkey going after the Kurds like this is just the start.

Its coming, you can see people starting to prep for it, Turkey going after the Kurds like this is just the start.

Yes, the ramp up is upon us in the ME. It's been going on in earnest for three years and massive weapons transfers are coming from Eastern Europe --> Somalia --> ...

Yes, the ramp up is upon us in the ME. It's been going on in earnest for three years and massive weapons transfers are coming from Eastern Europe --> Somalia --> ...

Yup I read earlier that Israel intercepted a weapons shipment from Iran to Hezbollah, right now all sides are stock piling their weapons, training, getting ready for the big war thats coming.

^ We have satellites. Very good ones. :)

And our top sides are not up our back sides. We see the danger and are ready. I'm hoping for a breakout of peace personally.

I'm also praying for it.

^ We have satellites. Very good ones. :)

And our top sides are not up our back sides. We see the danger and are ready. I'm hoping for a breakout of peace personally.

I'm also praying for it.

Me too, I have been to the VA hospital here and seen the damage done to our young people in the Military, men who are 19, 20 years old missing arms and legs, or with burn marks all over their body, or dealing with PTSD so bad they are struggling to learn again how to live in a civilian world they hardly know anymore. Its very sad stuff.

Forum List

Back