Turkey on the move

while your shit dont stink, right buddy?

funny how that seems to be your M.O.

I bet you dont like it when the obvious backhands you in the face like a pimp collecting his street money... seems to happen a lot to you lately, doent it?

The only thing obvious here is you have once again interjected your anti-American, hate and envy filled agenda into a topic while making absolutely NO point, other than the fact that you have nothing intelligent to say.

The only thing obvious here is you have once again interjected your anti-American, hate and envy filled agenda into a topic while making absolutely NO point, other than the fact that you have nothing intelligent to say.

I can't rep you, but that puts paid to that. Thanks.

while your incomprehension makes you look like a down syndrome child at a spelling bee. Perhaps if you took your tongue off of rush limbaughs taint long enough see that attacking grammer is about as convincing as throwing down the nazi gauntlet... or, just flail about while the reality of your hypocracy keeps your tired double standard in place long enough to make any actual benevolent effort in the world a complete waste human lives.

kan yu reed dis, numnutz? I wunt too macke shurre thet yu havve sumethin to repli two sho dat yu feal schmart inn a threade thet ecksposes yur dubble standerd inn defyning hoo qualifys four thhe lable "TERRORIST".

:rofl:

Okay Shogun ... let's play. Quote onedomino's post where he states he supports the PPK and/or kurd terrorism.

RIGHT HERE IN THIS THREAD.

And please don't just run off as you do every time I punk your ass out for what you are, thinking I'm not keeping count. Set a new precedent and back your mouth.

Hmmm...here is a piece on the PKK..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PKK

While they do commit terrorist-type acts, so does the Turkish military it seems.

Also, if Turkey can't control a paramilitary group like the PKK, how does Canavar expect to have a hope in hell against the US military....:cool:

He's a brainwashed, ultra-nationalist, and he will be more than happy to link you to his propaganda.

If this was an on the up and up deal, why wouldn't two alleged NATO allies join forces, the US driving north and Turkey driving south in a joint effort to trap the PPK?

As someone else mentioned, Turkey's all-too-willing to practice genocide where kurds are concerned to not suspect its motive in this.

I think y'all are talking across one another. RetiredGySgt is saying we should not support Kurd terrorists. All onedomino is seeing is "kurd."

We cannot justify defending terrorists, period. So long as Turkey attacks PPK strongholds and confines itself to that, I don't see that we need to be involved in anything more than monitoring their actions.

If it proves Turkey is just out to randomly murder kurds, THEN we should step in and stop them, even if it means confronting a so-called NATO ally.

But according to canavar, our resident ultra-nationalist Turk, we couldn't stop Turkey anyway.:rolleyes:
In this thread, I have repeatedly said that I do not support the PKK. However, I do not believe that the Turks should be allowed to cross the border to attack Iraqi Kurds. We are supposed to trust the Turks to discriminate between the PKK and the rest of the Kurds? If we stand by and allow the Turks to invade, then with whatever they do in Iraq the US will be tattooed with liability. Instead we should improve border security, and close any PKK camps that may exist. I distinguish between the PKK and the rest of the Kurds. I condemn the terrorism of the PKK. What is the real reason that Turks want to invade Iraq? Could it be this: http://usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?p=570167#post570167. Are we to believe that the Turks will just come into Iraq, shoot up a few PKK camps, and then leave? How will we get the Turks to leave when they do not go? Combat? If the Turks invade Iraq, do we believe that the majority of Iraqi Kurds will just stand around and do nothing while the Turks kill alleged PKK members? The northern areas of Iraq will explode, and Iraqi Kurds (PKK members or not) will fight the Turks. An area that has been successful and comparatively calm since we invaded Iraq will start to burn, and we will be caught in the middle between the Turks and the Kurds. I hope that reasonable heads in Turkey will prevail, and they will stay out of Iraq. I hope that this is just posturing ahead of the July general elections in Turkey.

Thanks for that. Pkk is terrorist, but most Kurds are not of that ilk, sort of like IRA and Irish.

Turkey would like, if Canavar is right, to use the minority to take over all of Kurd lands, because of PKK.
I am not sure that most of the Irish were armed to the teeth like the Iraqi Kurds are. And the British never made the mistake (at least in recent times) of invading Ireland in an attempt to subdue the IRA. It is the second sentence in your post that I think expresses the real reason that the Turks want to invade Iraq. As I mentioned above, I do not think that Iraqi Kurds (PKK sympathizers or not) will just stand by and watch a Turk invasion. The situation is likely to get out of control very fast.

We will see...

Turkish Army Chief Says Moves Near Border Routine
By ZERIN ELCI
REUTERS, ISTANBUL

Complete article: http://defensenews.com/story.php?F=2799727&C=landwar

Turkey’s military played down its maneuvers near the Iraqi border on May 31, saying they were a routine, seasonal affair aimed at deterring Kurdish separatist rebels.

Ankara sent more tanks to its border with Iraq this week as part of maneuvers that have spurred talk of an impending cross-border military operation into northern Iraq to crush Turkish Kurd guerrillas hiding there.

"This is spring planning. We can’t do it in the winter when temperatures are minus 20-30 Celsius (minus 4 Fahrenheit). No new troops have been sent to the region," General Yasar Buyukanit, head of the army General Staff, told reporters.

Speculation about an imminent incursion into Iraq has grown since Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan said last week he saw eye to eye with the army over possible military action, despite unease in the United States, Turkey’s NATO ally, about such a move.

Buyukanit said last month a military incursion into northern Iraq was necessary to quash Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) militants based there. But he stressed on May 31 that the government first needed to make a political decision regarding such an incursion. In Turkey, parliament must authorize military action outside the country’s borders.

"The political authorities need to decide on this. We can’t know whether we will go there and fight only the PKK or deal with (Iraqi Kurdish leader Massoud) Barzani as well," he said.

The United States has repeatedly urged Turkey not to send troops into Iraq, saying this would only complicate the situation. The two countries have agreed various measures, including financial ones, to try to curb the PKK.

Okay Shogun ... let's play. Quote onedomino's post where he states he supports the PPK and/or kurd terrorism.

RIGHT HERE IN THIS THREAD.

And please don't just run off as you do every time I punk your ass out for what you are, thinking I'm not keeping count. Set a new precedent and back your mouth.

PUNK ME OUT?

HAHAHA!

did you watch full metal jacket last night or something? Are you also about to rip off my head and shit down my throat, private snowball?

HA!

Make sure you walk that fine line between admitting your support for those who the Turks see as terrorists and having room to run back and pretend otherwise...

it sure isnt hilarous to see when "PUNKING ME OUT", Oliver.

PUNK ME OUT?

HAHAHA!

did you watch full metal jacket last night or something? Are you also about to rip off my head and shit down my throat, private snowball?

HA!

Make sure you walk that fine line between admitting your support for those who the Turks see as terrorists and having room to run back and pretend otherwise...

it sure isnt hilarous to see when "PUNKING ME OUT", Oliver.

You get punked and, your rambling, incoherent posts ripped to shreds each and every time you presume to try me.

No?

WHERE are your quotes of onedomino supporting the PPK?

Your attempt at deflection is rejected. Back up your mouth, punk.

Latest:

Pentagon Chief Urges Turkey Not To Hit Iraqi Kurds

Complete article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070603/ts_nm/defence_turkey_gates_dc

U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates urged Turkey on Sunday against using military force against Kurdish separatist forces in northern Iraq amid rising tensions in the border region.

"We would prefer that we continue to work through this problem with them to try and safeguard Turkey, and hope that there would not be a unilateral military action across the border into Iraq," Gates told a news briefing at an Asian security conference in Singapore.

Troop movements on Turkey's southeastern border have prompted speculation of a possible incursion into Iraq's largely autonomous northern Kurdistan region.

Last week, Turkey moved tanks near to the Iraqi border after bomb attacks killed 12 Turks. Ankara swiftly blamed the Kurdistan Workers Party for the bombings and said its troop movement was routine.

"The Turks have a genuine concern with Kurdish terrorism," Gates said. "We have been working with the Turks to try and help them get control of this problem on Turkish soil."

Asked whether U.S. pressure for a non-military response was being heeded in Ankara, Gates said he thought so.

Turkey has apparently shelled northern Iraq. They join the Iranians, who did the same in August, 2006: http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/08/20/africa/web.0820iraq.php

Turkish Forces Shell Northern Iraq - Iraqi Leader
03 Jun 2007 15:02:35 GMT
By Sherko Raouf

Complete article: http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L03232417.htm

ARBIL, Iraq, June 3 (Reuters) - Turkish forces shelled a mountain stronghold of Turkish Kurd rebels in northern Iraq on Sunday, a day after Iraq's prime minister urged Turkey to use diplomacy to defuse rising tensions in the region.

While residents say Turkey shells the area almost daily, the latest attack comes days after Turkey moved tanks to its border and speculation mounted that Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan's government is planning a military incursion.

The Turkish shelling targeted Haji Umran, a mountainous area which fighters of Turkey's separatist Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) use as a springboard to carry out attacks in Turkey.

Residents told Reuters the attack lasted about 30 minutes and caused no casualties.

Forum List

Back