Turkey is a big steaming pile of...

Turkey is in the EU, and yet American military dependents aren't even allowed to live there now?

U.S. to ban military families in Turkey for security reasons: sources

What do you expect from a country that is 99 percent Muslim?

It's 99 percent muslim? sheeesh---I know the Turkish jews fled that shariah shit hole----but I kinda assumed that Christians constituted bit more than 1%. Just about all the turks I have known in the USA have been Christians-----as a kid I thought the whole country was Christian and so friendly to jews that they made sesame Halvah----just for jewish consumption

Turkey is in the EU, and yet American military dependents aren't even allowed to live there now?

It's 99 percent muslim? sheeesh---I know the Turkish jews fled that shariah shit hole----but I kinda assumed that Christians constituted bit more than 1%. Just about all the turks I have known in the USA have been Christians-----as a kid I thought the whole country was Christian and so friendly to jews that they made sesame Halvah----just for jewish consumption

There's quite a bit you obviously falsely believe about the world. You should travel more.

There's quite a bit you obviously falsely believe about the world. You should travel more.

no thanks-----My understanding of the world is fine----HISTORICALLY Turkey was a Christian country----we have had LOTS OF TURKISH CHRISTIANS right here in the USA---
a very famous Hollywood guy------uhm----starts with an E------
let me think----ELIA KAZAN !!!! very talented director ---A scholar of islam---Oh I remember- ROBERT SPENCER. I have relatives thru marriage born in Turkey-----not muslims---
they fled that hole sometime in the 1930s. Seems to me that you have lots to learn

no thanks-----My understanding of the world is fine----HISTORICALLY Turkey was a Christian country----we have had LOTS OF TURKISH CHRISTIANS right here in the USA---
a very famous Hollywood guy------uhm----starts with an E------
let me think----ELIA KAZAN !!!! very talented director ---A scholar of islam---Oh I remember- ROBERT SPENCER. I have relatives thru marriage born in Turkey-----not muslims---
they fled that hole sometime in the 1930s. Seems to me that you have lots to learn

Sorry, I do not believe you can ever gain an accurate view of the world never leaving america and american spin and/or propaganda. The same is true for any society.

More U.S. Diplomat Families in Turkey to Leave Country...
icon_flagus.gif

US Allowing More Diplomat Families in Turkey to Leave Country
Jul 26, 2016 — Family members of U.S. Embassy employees in Ankara may leave Turkey under a voluntary departure authorization announced Tuesday by the U.S. State Department in the wake of the turmoil following a failed military coup.
Voluntary departure was also granted for family members of employees working at the U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul, according to a security message dated Tuesday on the website of the U.S. Embassy in Ankara. Families have the option of returning to the States at government expense under a voluntary departure authorization. The decision to give families the option of leaving Turkey was made after the July 15 attempted coup and the subsequent declaration by the Turkish government of a 90-day state of emergency, the State Department said in the message. "During this period, U.S. citizens in Turkey may see an increase in police or military activities and restrictions on movement," the State Department said.

families-incirlik-air-base-ts600.jpg

Families of U.S. Airmen and families of Department of Defense civilians prepare to board an Atlas Air 747 airliner April 1, 2016 at Incirlik Air Base, Turkey.​

More than 250 people were reportedly killed in the attempted coup against the government of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Tens of thousands have taken to the streets in recent days to rally in support of Erdogan. After the failed coup, air operations were temporarily halted at Incirlik Air Base, where U.S. and coalition warplanes have been flying missions against Islamic State targets. Family members of U.S. military personnel at Incirlik were evacuated in March. The State Department's voluntary departure announcement was part of an updated travel advisory warning of continuing threats from terrorist groups throughout Turkey. The department says U.S. citizens should avoid travel to southeastern Turkey, particularly near the Syrian border.

Travel to Turkey for Defense Department personnel and their families continues to be off-limits. The State Department also said it's extending the March 29, 2016, ordered departure of family members of U.S. government personnel at the consulate in Adana and of government civilians working in Izmir province. The Pentagon in March ordered some 700 dependents of military personnel at Incirlik Air Base and at smaller bases in Izmir and Mugla to leave the country because of concerns over the deteriorating security environment there.

US Allowing More Diplomat Families in Turkey to Leave Country | Military.com

See also:

President Erdogan could be using the coup against him to turn Turkey towards full-scale Islamisation
Monday 18 July 2016 - The implementation of Mr Erdogan’s long-desired presidential system based on Islamic values is beginning to look inevitable, says Patrick Cockburn
As crowds chant calls for the execution of those involved in the failed coup in Turkey, there are fears that this once-secular country is decisively turning the corner towards full scale Islamisation. President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is using the attempted military takeover to justify a purge of state officials and army officers who do not give him total obedience, opening the door for him to establish an all-powerful presidency while seemingly Islamising Turkish society to a degree not seen since the fall of the Ottomans.

The purge continued at full throttle on Monday with the sacking of 8,000 police and 30 governors as well as 52 high ranking civil servants. This is in addition to 70 admirals and generals along with 3,000 soldiers and 2,700 members of the judiciary fired or detained since the coup failed on Saturday.

As pro-coup forces were rounded up over the weekend, there were parades of religious zealots in the streets chanting “Allahu Akbar” as giant speakers in Taksim Square in central Istanbul blasted out verses from the Koran. Appeals from Turkey’s 85,000 mosques played a significant role in mobilising popular protests in the hours after the coup began. In Gezi Park in Istanbul, the centre of secularist and liberal protests against Mr Erdogan’s authoritarian rule three years ago, was now filled with crowds loyal to the President.

The increasingly Islamist mood is already influencing social mores in Istanbul. Selin Derya, 26, who works for a business head hunting company, says that since pro-Erdogan crowds flooded into city centre in the aftermath of the coup “I am frightened of going out wearing a dress that some bigot might think is too close fitting or does not like the fact that my skirt ends above the knee.” Another secular woman in Istanbul explained that she does not want to enter the city centre at the moment because she fears harassment by religious extremists.

MORE

Forum List

Back