Turkey Day!

My animals eat better than most humans. It's a given that my cats will get a little somethin' somethin' by the end of the day.

I thought it was unhealthy for cats to eat cooked human food?

Hmmmmm. So far so good. Regular vet visits, shots up to date, ocassional human food ... they're as healthy as a horse!

Hmm I might be wrong than, my girlfriend said cats can get worms if they eat regular human food besides fish.

you know these damn animals...all of them used to live on either table scraps or what they hunted

we didnt have friggin kibble to the mid 50s

I thought it was unhealthy for cats to eat cooked human food?

Hmmmmm. So far so good. Regular vet visits, shots up to date, ocassional human food ... they're as healthy as a horse!

Hmm I might be wrong than, my girlfriend said cats can get worms if they eat regular human food besides fish.

That's a fallacy, my apologies to your girlfriend.

Worms are a parasite that lives in raw meat. Actually in the animal's intestines. They pick them up from things they hunt, or from coming in contact with eggs that were eliminated by other animals.

Meat that's been prepared for human consumption should be free of worms (Could you imagine biting into a piece of meat and seeing worms? :eek:). If there are any parasites in it (see raw pork), cooking takes care of it. So no, you or your pet can't get worms from cooked food.

That's a fallacy, my apologies to your girlfriend.

Worms are a parasite that lives in raw meat. Actually in the animal's intestines. They pick them up from things they hunt, or from coming in contact with eggs that were eliminated by other animals.

Meat that's been prepared for human consumption should be free of worms (Could you imagine biting into a piece of meat and seeing worms? :eek:). If there are any parasites in it (see raw pork), cooking takes care of it. So no, you or your pet can't get worms from cooked food.

Thats fine I think you are right, maybe now we can give the cat some Turkey tomorrow.

Oh for crying out loud!!
You all do know that canned & dry pet food has cooked turkey and chicken in it don't you?
If not read the ingredients.

Last edited:
Don't forget your pets when it comes to eating that Turkey!!
Remenber, if we smell the goodies, their smell is even better and if we can hardly wait over the good smells, think of them too. Please give your pets some turkey when you all sit down to eat!:tongue::eusa_drool::lol:

I might have to rush my pooch to the ER.

I think she's suffering (well...suffering isn't probably the right word) from tryptophan overdose.

If she was any mellow-er, she'd dissolve into a poodle puddle of contentment

nice thought...but unless you want to be cleaning vomit and all....i wouldnt be doing this...get the dogs a marrow bone....or a treat but dont give them table scraps unless this is a regular habit

My dogs are pretty picky... They won't eat steak unless it is medium rare and served with onions and mushrooms. One likes Hines 57 and the others don't want any steak sauce at all. And whatever you do, don't offer them any brussels sprouts. They will be pissed at you for days.

My cat is very picky and if you offer her peas she gets pissed at me for days too!!
She loves the fresh turkey meat. She does'nt eat much of it, about five or six tiny bites. It has to be small bites or she won't touch it. She is really spoiled rotten.

Forum List

Back