Turkey considers Idlib invasion amid collapse of fragile "rebel" coherence

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
The news can be seen as sign for the success of the de-escalation zones. There is now a new choice between Turkey and al-Qaeda. Apparently, the new HTS coalition under the umbrella of al-Qaeda is under increasing pressure as jihadists try to leave the scene and or team up with Ahrar Al-Sham (partly al-Qaeda affiliated) or FSA (partly al-Qaeda affiliated) under Turkish supervision. As per the de-escalation agreement, the Turkish army is allowed to enter Idlib but the purpose is apparent: Strengthen Turkish influence in Idlib and create a seemingly moderate anti-government force in the long-term. However, Turkey is officially committed to the de-escalation and political solution. Despite its official statement that it supports Syria´s unity, the overall goal may be an Islamist satellite state located in northern Syria.

"DAMASCUS, SYRIA (1:30 A.M.) – In the near future, a huge internal war may erupt once again in Idlib province as Hay’at Tahrir Al-Sham (HTS) fighters reinforced their presence along the border to prevent the Turkish Armed Forces from entering the governorate.

On Thursday, the Syrian Al-Qaeda group deployed masked fighters with heavy weaponry at a number of border crossings while multiple HTS tanks patrolled the town of Atmah. HTS bulldozers were also establishing new trenches while jihadist volunteers began building makeshift walls to deter a Turkish incursion upon the Al-Qaeda heartland.

According to a controversial clause discussed in the Astana talks, the Turkish Army could deploy to Idlib province to safeguard its newly implemented safe zone.

In response and possibly by direct order from Ankara, Ahrar Al-Sham reinforced all its military bases near HTS-held areas over fears of Al-Qaeda attacks in rural Idlib.

To warn Free Syrian Army (FSA) factions against an alliance with Turkey, HTS also arrested two FSA militants in the town of Maarrat al-Nu’man after they were accused of trying to leave for the Jarabulus pocket, a region in northern Aleppo where the Turkish Armed Forces led the so-called Euphrates Shield offensive last year.

Local rebel sources informed Al-Masdar News that HTS had begun a witch-hunt on any rebel militants trying to leave for northern Aleppo. FSA factions based in the Idlib rebel mainland are reportedly deeply divided on whether to side with Turkey or Al-Qaeda.

Two weeks ago, a famous FSA fighter was also arrested for smoking, an actions which violates Al-Qaeda’s strict religious laws that rule Idlib province."

Turkish Army considers Idlib invasion as Syrian Al-Qaeda franchise stiffens its defenses

Afrin (syria), Tel Afer (iraq), Sinjar (iraq) next targets of Turkish Army.

Last edited:
Turkey is part of the terrorist network.

Nato and Shangay countries for 20-30 years support kurdish terorist. In this case, is the NATO and Shangay community a terrorist? No.

I'm not the enemy of misunderstanding me.You're not an enemy for me. ( Sorry, I'm english experience bad)

I support the Kurds because the Kurds have supported us.

Turkish society had no problem with United State or Nato. There is poverty in Turkey. The educational system in Turkey has collapsed.

In the war between North Korea (Soviet) and South Korea (Nato), the Turkish army gave a serious military loss. How many hundred soldiers were wounded.

The peoples of Turkey and the United States are very similar. Consumption frenzy, educational viewpoint, negative effects of radical religious ideologies in society.

I support the Kurds because the Kurds have supported us.

Turkish society had no problem with United State or Nato. There is poverty in Turkey. The educational system in Turkey has collapsed.

In the war between North Korea (Soviet) and South Korea (Nato), the Turkish army gave a serious military loss. How many hundred soldiers were wounded.
The poverty problem in Turkey is not my problem nor my concern. We have issues to fix here at home and the world can wait.

The poverty problem in Turkey is not my problem nor my concern. We have issues to fix here at home and the world can wait.

Where civilization and poverty are intense, unfortunately big civil wars -
demolitions are happening. This situation causes your soldiers to lose their lives unnecessarily. Just like we lost our soldiers, our people in terror for years. The United States will want to protect Turkey for its own interests.

Before the 1960s and 1980s, there were no ethnic or religious background problems in Turkey. I regret to say that Turkey is politically under the serious influence of the United States. The emergence of a political problem in Turkey is contrary to the interests of the United States.

Last edited:

Where civilization and poverty are intense, unfortunately big civil wars -
demolitions are happening. This situation causes your soldiers to lose their lives unnecessarily.

Before the 1960s and 1980s, there were no ethnic or religious background problems in Turkey. I regret to say that Turkey is politically under the serious influence of the United States. The emergence of a political problem in Turkey is contrary to the interests of the United States.
So Turkey's problems are Americas fault?

No, this is not the fault of the United States alone, this fault United States and Turkey, Our common mistake. . Turkey and the United States are losing together.

Politicians do not represent the interests of the states and do not act accordingly.

Last edited:

No, this is not the fault of the United States alone. Turkey . Turkey and the United States are losing together.

American and Turkish politicians do not represent the interests of the states and do not act accordingly.
Pakistan is another country I could do without. India is proving to be a better partner.

Pakistan is another country I could do without. India is proving to be a better partner.

You are right, India is making more logical moves than we are but in the Indian society, they have radical religious beliefs like ours, and at the same time have more serious prosperity/economic problems than we do.

Turkey has yet to learn that fielding terrorist groups is not an option - not even solely militarily.

Turkey´s Euphrates Shield forces, a coalition of rebel groups, that was supposed to fight al-Qaeda (HTS) and even get Russian air support are now at each other´s throat.
That put´s Turkey´s incursion into Idlib more into question.

Bloody battle erupts as Turkey-led militants turn on each other in north Aleppo

Forum List

Back