Turkey Bombs Iraq PKK Bases

The fact that Turkey won't even recognize the Armenian genocide speaks volumes. And Ekrem, you're speaking of northern Cyprus. When I say 'Cyprus', I am speaking about the Republic of Cyprus.

Typical Turks, you two. :eusa_hand:

If you mean me, I'm not a Turk.

I don't know how anyone can look at this map and tell me that Cyprus is not a Turkish island.

turkey-and-its-neighbours-map.jpg

So just because you are close to an island, you can claim it and make it yours?

The fact that Turkey won't even recognize the Armenian genocide speaks volumes. And Ekrem, you're speaking of northern Cyprus. When I say 'Cyprus', I am speaking about the Republic of Cyprus.

I don't know how anyone can look at this map and tell me that Cyprus is not a Turkish island.

I have been to Cyprus its a beautiful country divided into a Greek side and a Turkish side, however 77% of the people living there are Greek Cypriots compared to only 18% Turkish. I have been to Nicosia and Larnaka.

Cyprus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, but they sympathize with the ones who do.

And I don't think anyone objects to a Kurdistan in N. Iraq, but just not carved out of the Turkish state.

Of course, I haven't kept up with the latest from the increasingly Islamist Turkish government - they may be totally against any Kurdistan.

Ekram?

We have to stop thinking in romanticism or philanthropic ways.
How will the KRG survive without its share from the central-budget of Baghdad (Oil-income) ? The only way of survival for an "independent Kurdistan" is incorporation of Kirkuk into that Kurdistan so they've their own oil-income.
Everyone objects to Kirkuk falling under KRG administration, and it will lead to Arab-Kurd civil war within Iraq.

Just look at what's going on in Somalia these days if you don't have an economy and no income.
For an "independent Kurdistan" to be established the Kurds have to fight for it within Iraq.

Correct. The Turks will not give up land for a Kurdistan, any more than Texas would give up land for Mexicans, or Spain would give up land for the Basque. It's just not going to happen.

If they prevail they can call the neighbouring states to the table and explain why they should recognize such a new Country and open their borders to this land-locked country.

Kurdish independence just a dream, Talabani tells Turkey
Iraq's President Jalal Talabani has told a Turkish newspaper that an independent Kurdish state in Iraq was "impossible" (...)
"I tell this to my Turkish brothers: Don't be afraid of Kurdish independence. To stay within Iraq is in the interest of the Kurdish people in an economic, cultural and political sense."
Kurdish independence just a dream, Talabani tells Turkey | Reuters

I'm not sure how long Talabani is going to be in that job so maybe we can just take his comments with a grain of salt. And of course Kirkuk is going to have to be part of Kurdistan. They should've gone with Joe Biden's three separate partitions of Iraq.

We intervened to protect the Cyprus-Turks from being ruled by a Greek military-junta. We ensured that Cyprus-Turks can continue to live under their own Democracy.
After Turkish intervention in Cyprus, the Greek Junta collapsed and Greece returned to democracy and NATO.

You make me laugh. Again, why is it that Turkey is having a hard time joining the EU? :eusa_whistle:
Because the EU does not want to border Iran and Iraq. Pretty simple.

PEE ESS: This is also Turkey's way of sending another message to Syria, which has historically been linked to the PKK.

The Turks sent a message to Syria 4 days ago:

A warning to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad today, from his country's big, powerful and formerly friendly neighbor Turkey. The Turkish foreign minister, Ahmed Davutoglu, says that he has told President Assad: Stop military operations against civilians immediately and unconditionally. Davutoglu told a news conference in Ankara, the Turkish capital: This is our final word to the Syrian authorities. If these operations do not stop, there will be nothing left to say about the steps that would be taken.

It isn't that I support the bombing of citizen areas or anything or I'm a pinko sympathizer. It's just that Turkey has a horrible history in its short life of unleashing the most inhumane acts against ethnic minorities. Hell, Turkey has created more refugees than the Israeli-Arab wars have, but in the Arab world, Turkey is considered 'moderate'. Turkey's infractions against the Kurds is a huge point of contention in regards to its applications to be part of the EU Commission.

I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree. The Armenian ethnic cleansing occurred in 1915-18, before Türkiye became a country in 1923. But, while it was horrible, I refuse to view it through 2011 morals and ethics. This was a backward, barbaric place in 1915 and there was no societal aversion to what we now denounce as genocide.

There has been a "keeping down" of Kurds throughout their history, but it is Turkish land. The Kurds have no rights there. So I don't understand what "infractions" against the Kurds.

The Kurds in eastern Türkiye are not unlike our influx of Mexicans in the Southwest. How would Arizonians and Texans feel if Mexicans wanted to carve out bits of their states as 'Mexican territory', create Mexican communities, broadcast and teach Spanish instead of English, etc.? I see a lot of parallels.

That is already happening.
Exactly. And what has been the reaction to that among Southwest Americans? Prolly similar to how the Turks feel in places like Diyarbakir, which is overrun with Kurds.

OF COURSE GREEKS VOTED AGAINST IT, YOU TARD.

Greeks voted against UN General Secretaries (Kofi Annan) re-unification plan.
They've no right to cry around.

That was my last off-topic post.
I'll only answer or write things about PKK as the operations against the PKK will continue.

Ekrem what makes you think this operation will have a different result than the ones in the past? every once in a while Turkey bombs the PKK camps and sends troops in, the Kurds know the drill, unless you plan on keeping Turkish Troops in Northern Iraq to secure the area, how will this campaign make any real difference?
They just need to keep troops in far-eastern Turkey, protecting their long, porous border.

Wow, that sounds soooo familiar!

So, because it's far away from you, you can claim it as yours? That makes less sense.

So, because it's far away from you, you can claim it as yours? That makes less sense.

Neither comment makes any sense, if thats the case Cuba is ours, we should send in the Army and invade that shit. Distance means nothing, Cyprus is more culturally Greek than Turkish anyways.

Ekrem what makes you think this operation will have a different result than the ones in the past? every once in a while Turkey bombs the PKK camps and sends troops in, the Kurds know the drill, unless you plan on keeping Turkish Troops in Northern Iraq to secure the area, how will this campaign make any real difference?

We already have 4 bases in N.Iraq and 1 airfield. They're going to be re-inforced by troops from Turkey.
It's the golden shot, the Prime Minister has promised to free this nation from this murder-organization. We can expect these aerial bombings to continue and end with on-ground operations that will either kill or capture the rest of the PKK's command-center - does not matter if summer or winter.

Turkey is preparing to take the fight against the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) to northern Iraq by turning outposts it has maintained for intelligence gathering there since 1995 into operational front garrisons, Today's Zaman has learned.

According to confidential sources talking about Thursday's National Security Council (MGK) meeting, chaired by President Abdullah Gül, the government has decided to restructure the troops it has deployed in the Bamerni, Batufa, Kanimasi and Dilmentepe outposts in Northern Iraq. The Bamerni garrison will be turned into a logistics center for supporting major operations to be conducted against the PKK militants in the region. Turkey maintains 2500 troops in Northern Iraq and they were deployed in 1995 with the permission of the Kurdish regional government. The Special Operations Command also has liaison offices in Süleymaniye and Arbil.

The fortification of outposts will allow Turkish troops in Iraq to stay longer in search of PKK terrorists. The professional units from Şırnak province would be deployed in the region and the air support and bombing operations would continue. The government also plans to submit to Parliament a renewal of a resolution that allows cross-border operations. The current mandate expires on Oct.12.

Turkey to boost its troop presence in northern Iraq

We already have 4 bases in N.Iraq and 1 airfield. They're going to be re-inforced by troops from Turkey.
It's the golden shot, the Prime Minister has promised to free this nation from this murder-organization. We can expect these aerial bombings to continue and end with on-ground operations that will either kill or capture the rest of the PKK's command-center - does not matter if summer or winter.

Turkey is preparing to take the fight against the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) to northern Iraq by turning outposts it has maintained for intelligence gathering there since 1995 into operational front garrisons, Today's Zaman has learned.

According to confidential sources talking about Thursday's National Security Council (MGK) meeting, chaired by President Abdullah Gül, the government has decided to restructure the troops it has deployed in the Bamerni, Batufa, Kanimasi and Dilmentepe outposts in Northern Iraq. The Bamerni garrison will be turned into a logistics center for supporting major operations to be conducted against the PKK militants in the region. Turkey maintains 2500 troops in Northern Iraq and they were deployed in 1995 with the permission of the Kurdish regional government. The Special Operations Command also has liaison offices in Süleymaniye and Arbil.

The fortification of outposts will allow Turkish troops in Iraq to stay longer in search of PKK terrorists. The professional units from Şırnak province would be deployed in the region and the air support and bombing operations would continue. The government also plans to submit to Parliament a renewal of a resolution that allows cross-border operations. The current mandate expires on Oct.12.

Turkey to boost its troop presence in northern Iraq

Hmm I didnt know the Turks had bases in Northern Iraq.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH84JYZC6EU]K.Irak PKK Kamplarına BOMBA YAĞDIRIYOR[/ame]

2011-08-19T160125Z_01_BTRE77I18IF00_RTROPTP_2_OUKWD-UK-TURKEY-IRELAND-STABBING.JPG

The bodies of two Northern Irish women are taken to a morgue by a funerary vehicle as Turkish paramilitary police block a road near Izmir (reuters_tickers)

It's believed a 17-year-old Turkish man murdered the two women after one of them refused permission for him to marry her daughter.

Turkey's state-run news agency Anatolia has named the teenager as Recep C.

The news agency says the teenager took the women in a taxi to a quiet woodland area near the regional capital Izmir, where he stabbed them both to death.

The alarm is said to have been raised by the daughter after the women failed to return home.

A police search of the estate where they were staying discovered bloodstained clothing in a bin

Video: Two Northern Irish women found dead in Turkey - Telegraph

A 17-year-old Turkish waiter has been arrested after two women from Northern Ireland were found dead with their throats slashed in a wooded area on the outskirts of Izmir city in western Turkey, local media reported Friday.

The suspect, known only as R. C., was believed to be the boyfriend of the 15-year-old daughter of one of the women. They had started dating after the girl and her mother visited the restaurant where R.C. worked in the popular seaside resort of Kusadasi, south of Izmir.

After first denying any connection to the women, the suspect confessed to the murders, saying he had killed the women because the mother denied him permission to marry her daughter, several national newspapers reported on their websites.

The daughter became suspicious after her mother and friend failed to return home from their trip and raised the alarm. R.C.'s father has also been arrested in connection with the murders, media reported.

One of the women is believed to have owned property in Kusadasi and was a regular visitor to the area, a popular destination with British and Irish tourists

Have you leaned how to talk to women on your own yet ekrem? :eusa_shhh:

2011-08-19T160125Z_01_BTRE77I18IF00_RTROPTP_2_OUKWD-UK-TURKEY-IRELAND-STABBING.JPG

The bodies of two Northern Irish women are taken to a morgue by a funerary vehicle as Turkish paramilitary police block a road near Izmir (reuters_tickers)

It's believed a 17-year-old Turkish man murdered the two women after one of them refused permission for him to marry her daughter.

Turkey's state-run news agency Anatolia has named the teenager as Recep C.

The news agency says the teenager took the women in a taxi to a quiet woodland area near the regional capital Izmir, where he stabbed them both to death.

The alarm is said to have been raised by the daughter after the women failed to return home.

A police search of the estate where they were staying discovered bloodstained clothing in a bin

Video: Two Northern Irish women found dead in Turkey - Telegraph

A 17-year-old Turkish waiter has been arrested after two women from Northern Ireland were found dead with their throats slashed in a wooded area on the outskirts of Izmir city in western Turkey, local media reported Friday.

The suspect, known only as R. C., was believed to be the boyfriend of the 15-year-old daughter of one of the women. They had started dating after the girl and her mother visited the restaurant where R.C. worked in the popular seaside resort of Kusadasi, south of Izmir.

After first denying any connection to the women, the suspect confessed to the murders, saying he had killed the women because the mother denied him permission to marry her daughter, several national newspapers reported on their websites.

The daughter became suspicious after her mother and friend failed to return home from their trip and raised the alarm. R.C.'s father has also been arrested in connection with the murders, media reported.

One of the women is believed to have owned property in Kusadasi and was a regular visitor to the area, a popular destination with British and Irish tourists

Have you leaned how to talk to women on your own yet ekrem? :eusa_shhh:

most likely not.

Man + Woman

Man + Man

Women + Woman

Only one of these relationships can make a child and that's what marriage was designed for.

;)

No. Marriage results from the necessity to bind men to women so men support women in their survival. Think of a world without electricity, without stability and laws. In such world woman was just helpless flesh walking around.

And where did this thinking come from? Here's a thread to see where my question comes from. :)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/149746-understanding-women.html by ekrem

And I would never marry a woman who has lower education-level then me.
The only exception is when her body is way above average and her mother is not chubby.

If she has same education-level, then she can have an average body, and she can make own decisions within family. If not, my word counts - I am the smarter one.

The Turk who relishes the death of the Kurds but who can't talk to a woman alone.

Killing them alone is easier for some Turks it seems.

I see some dark days ahead for the Kurds, they are under attack from all sides it seems.

Don't run away from calling it what it is going to be. GENOCIDE.

Some here like to use the statement, "Ethnic Cleansing". :eusa_hand::eusa_hand:

Ethnic Cleansing = Genocide!!! :doubt::doubt:

The Turks will do to the Kurds what they did to the Armenians. That's why they do not want to admit to their Genocide of the Armenians. So that they don't have to say, "Never Again!"

Because they are working towards this in the upcoming war.

GENOCIDE!!

I see some dark days ahead for the Kurds, they are under attack from all sides it seems.

The Turks will do to the Kurds what they did to the Armenians. That's why they do not want to admit to their Genocide of the Armenians. So that they don't have to say, "Never Again!"

GENOCIDE!!

I have no illusions about what the Turks want to do, genocide is definently what the Turks would like for the Kurds.

GENOCIDE!!

the muslims cant even get along with other muslims.....

the moto seems to be kill anything that is different.

GENOCIDE!!

the muslims cant even get along with other muslims.....

the moto seems to be kill anything that is different.

The Kurds are Muslims and look how they are treated, if they were any other religion they would already be wiped out by now.

Forum List

Back