Turkey Bombs Iraq PKK Bases

If you are a Kurd in power, either in N. Iraq or small sections of far-eastern Türkiye, then you have ties to the PKK, or have somehow met their approval.

Türkiye has every right to protect itself from terrorists at their doorstep and in their foyer.

Sounds like a rather ethno-centric attitude, considering that the majority of Kurds in Turkey don't advocate for a separatist state.

Yes, we are genociding the Kurds in Iraq

Gen Petraeus in 2007
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Petraeus concern for Turkey raid in Iraq
He said the level of investment by Turkish firms in northern Iraq was somewhere between $8bn and $10bn (£4bn and £5bn) in recent years.

Turkish Minister has promised to raise it to 20 Billion $ in next years
Turkish Minister Targets $20bn Investment in Iraqi Kurdistan | Iraq Business News

...as long as the 2 Family-Clans (Barzani/Talabani) keep the PKK out of their territory.

Last edited:
PEE ESS: This is also Turkey's way of sending another message to Syria, which has historically been linked to the PKK.

The Turks sent a message to Syria 4 days ago:

A warning to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad today, from his country's big, powerful and formerly friendly neighbor Turkey. The Turkish foreign minister, Ahmed Davutoglu, says that he has told President Assad: Stop military operations against civilians immediately and unconditionally. Davutoglu told a news conference in Ankara, the Turkish capital: This is our final word to the Syrian authorities. If these operations do not stop, there will be nothing left to say about the steps that would be taken.

It isn't that I support the bombing of citizen areas or anything or I'm a pinko sympathizer. It's just that Turkey has a horrible history in its short life of unleashing the most inhumane acts against ethnic minorities. Hell, Turkey has created more refugees than the Israeli-Arab wars have, but in the Arab world, Turkey is considered 'moderate'. Turkey's infractions against the Kurds is a huge point of contention in regards to its applications to be part of the EU Commission.

I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree. The Armenian ethnic cleansing occurred in 1915-18, before Türkiye became a country in 1923. But, while it was horrible, I refuse to view it through 2011 morals and ethics. This was a backward, barbaric place in 1915 and there was no societal aversion to what we now denounce as genocide.

There has been a "keeping down" of Kurds throughout their history, but it is Turkish land. The Kurds have no rights there. So I don't understand what "infractions" against the Kurds.

The Kurds in eastern Türkiye are not unlike our influx of Mexicans in the Southwest. How would Arizonians and Texans feel if Mexicans wanted to carve out bits of their states as 'Mexican territory', create Mexican communities, broadcast and teach Spanish instead of English, etc.? I see a lot of parallels.

Last edited:
Genociding Cypriot Turks by transferring money to them, building them GSM-network and University.
And building a water-pipeline to them so they can overcome their drought.
The pipeline will raise per-citizen access to fresh-water in N.Cyprus by approximately 3.300 m³ (10.000 cubic feet) a year.
BusinessWeek - Turkey builds water pipeline to northern Cyprus

In my book, the occupier exploits lands and doesn't pump resources into occupied lands.
If you want to see schoolbook-definition of an occupier, Israel suits well by pumping out West-Bank's water-resources.

Always the standard-phrases. Turk genocide this, Turk occupier that.

If you are a Kurd in power, either in N. Iraq or small sections of far-eastern Türkiye, then you have ties to the PKK, or have somehow met their approval.

Türkiye has every right to protect itself from terrorists at their doorstep and in their foyer.

Sounds like a rather ethno-centric attitude, considering that the majority of Kurds in Turkey don't advocate for a separatist state.

No, but they sympathize with the ones who do.

And I don't think anyone objects to a Kurdistan in N. Iraq, but just not carved out of the Turkish state.

Of course, I haven't kept up with the latest from the increasingly Islamist Turkish government - they may be totally against any Kurdistan.

Ekram?

I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree. The Armenian ethnic cleansing occurred in 1915-18, before Türkiye became a country in 1923. But, while it was horrible, I refuse to view it through 2011 morals and ethics. This was a backward, barbaric place in 1915 and there was no societal aversion to what we now denounce as genocide.

There has been a "keeping down" of Kurds throughout their history, but it is Turkish land. The Kurds have no rights there. So I don't understand what "infractions" against the Kurds.

Like I said.

The fact that Turkey won't even recognize the Armenian genocide speaks volumes. And Ekrem, you're speaking of northern Cyprus. When I say 'Cyprus', I am speaking about the Republic of Cyprus.

Typical Turks, you two. :eusa_hand:

No, but they sympathize with the ones who do.

And I don't think anyone objects to a Kurdistan in N. Iraq, but just not carved out of the Turkish state.

Of course, I haven't kept up with the latest from the increasingly Islamist Turkish government - they may be totally against any Kurdistan.

Ekram?

We have to stop thinking in romanticism or philanthropic ways.
How will the KRG survive without its share from the central-budget of Baghdad (Oil-income) ? The only way of survival for an "independent Kurdistan" is incorporation of Kirkuk into that Kurdistan so they've their own oil-income.
Everyone objects to Kirkuk falling under KRG administration, and it will lead to Arab-Kurd civil war within Iraq.

Just look at what's going on in Somalia these days if you don't have an economy and no income.
For an "independent Kurdistan" to be established the Kurds have to fight for it within Iraq.
If they prevail they can call the neighbouring states to the table and explain why they should recognize such a new Country and open their borders to this land-locked country.

Kurdish independence just a dream, Talabani tells Turkey
Iraq's President Jalal Talabani has told a Turkish newspaper that an independent Kurdish state in Iraq was "impossible" (...)
"I tell this to my Turkish brothers: Don't be afraid of Kurdish independence. To stay within Iraq is in the interest of the Kurdish people in an economic, cultural and political sense."
Kurdish independence just a dream, Talabani tells Turkey | Reuters

The fact that Turkey won't even recognize the Armenian genocide speaks volumes. And Ekrem, you're speaking of northern Cyprus. When I say 'Cyprus', I am speaking about the Republic of Cyprus.

Greece was a military Junta at that time. No Democracy.
Greek military junta of 1967 - 1974 -- Wikipedia
The Generals in Greece sought to unite Cyprus with Greece and overthrew the Government of Cyprus of which the Cyprus-Turks were part of.
Enosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We intervened to protect the Cyprus-Turks from being ruled by a Greek military-junta. We ensured that Cyprus-Turks can continue to live under their own Democracy.
After Turkish intervention in Cyprus, the Greek Junta collapsed and Greece returned to democracy and NATO.
Metapolitefsi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Turkey is one of the 3 guarantee-powers of Cyprus together with Greece and UK, our intervention was legal.
Our continuous military presence on Cyprus since the intervention is not legal, but we are on Cyprus at the request of the Cyprus-Turkish community and as long as they demand us to stay, we'll stay for their protection so history doesn't repeat itself.

Kofi Annan Plan was put to referendum in 2004 both in South and North Cyprus.
It was re-unification referendum, and new country would be called "United Cyprus Republic".

Annan Plan for Cyprus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cyprus-Turks voted yes, Cyprus-Greeks voted no.
If Kofi-Annan Plan would have been accepted by Cyprus-Greeks our Army would have removed from Cyprus.

This was the proposed flag of the new country:

800pxproposedflagoftheu.png

Last edited:
Like I said. Turkey cares for Turks, but it is the only country in the world that recognizes northern Cyprus as a separatist state and doesn't recognize the Republic. Seriously, it was about power in the region, not protecting Turkish minorities.

Typical Turkish drivel. Is rewriting history your favorite pasttime?

File:Ethnographic-1.jpg

Again, population transfers between Israel and Judea/Samaria during the Arab wars are 'horrible crimes against humanity' in Turkey, but the forced migration of thousands during the Turkish wars against ethnic minorities is just 'business for the [superior] Turkish people'. :lol:

OF COURSE GREEKS VOTED AGAINST IT, YOU TARD.

They would've been victimized in the aftermath! They didn't want to be under Turkish-dominated rule.

head/smack.

Is Wiki the only thing you know how to read? They not teach proper history in Turkey or what?

We intervened to protect the Cyprus-Turks from being ruled by a Greek military-junta. We ensured that Cyprus-Turks can continue to live under their own Democracy.
After Turkish intervention in Cyprus, the Greek Junta collapsed and Greece returned to democracy and NATO.

You make me laugh. Again, why is it that Turkey is having a hard time joining the EU? :eusa_whistle:

Greeks voted against UN General Secretaries (Kofi Annan) re-unification plan.
They've no right to cry around.

That was my last off-topic post.
I'll only answer or write things about PKK as the operations against the PKK will continue.

PEE ESS: This is also Turkey's way of sending another message to Syria, which has historically been linked to the PKK.

The Turks sent a message to Syria 4 days ago:

A warning to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad today, from his country's big, powerful and formerly friendly neighbor Turkey. The Turkish foreign minister, Ahmed Davutoglu, says that he has told President Assad: Stop military operations against civilians immediately and unconditionally. Davutoglu told a news conference in Ankara, the Turkish capital: This is our final word to the Syrian authorities. If these operations do not stop, there will be nothing left to say about the steps that would be taken.

It isn't that I support the bombing of citizen areas or anything or I'm a pinko sympathizer. It's just that Turkey has a horrible history in its short life of unleashing the most inhumane acts against ethnic minorities. Hell, Turkey has created more refugees than the Israeli-Arab wars have, but in the Arab world, Turkey is considered 'moderate'. Turkey's infractions against the Kurds is a huge point of contention in regards to its applications to be part of the EU Commission.

The Kurds in eastern Türkiye are not unlike our influx of Mexicans in the Southwest. How would Arizonians and Texans feel if Mexicans wanted to carve out bits of their states as 'Mexican territory', create Mexican communities, broadcast and teach Spanish instead of English, etc.? I see a lot of parallels.

That is already happening.

Greeks voted against UN General Secretaries (Kofi Annan) re-unification plan.
They've no right to cry around.

That was my last off-topic post.
I'll only answer or write things about PKK as the operations against the PKK will continue.

Ekrem what makes you think this operation will have a different result than the ones in the past? every once in a while Turkey bombs the PKK camps and sends troops in, the Kurds know the drill, unless you plan on keeping Turkish Troops in Northern Iraq to secure the area, how will this campaign make any real difference?

Like I said.
No, this is 'like you said':

It's just that Turkey has a horrible history in its short life of unleashing the most inhumane acts against ethnic minorities.

A bit different.

If you mean me, I'm not a Turk.

I don't know how anyone can look at this map and tell me that Cyprus is not a Turkish island.

turkey-and-its-neighbours-map.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back