Tunisian uprising shows that, maybe, Obama's pragmatic idealism was a good call

I am not impressed either.

Here's a little love sent my way Mr. Edler.

110706.jpg

I think, that none of what has happened in Tunisia has to do with Obama.
The journalist portrays it like:
"Hey, Obama won't help us, so we make it on our own".
None of that demonstrators had Obama in their mind.

Foreignpolicy.com
Arab confidence in Obama collapsing | Marc Lynch

Positive view on President Obama
2009: 45 percent
2010: 20 percent

Negative view on President Obama
2009: 23 percent
2010: 62 percent

Favourable view of USA
Bush's last year: 15 percent
Obama: 12 percent

61 percent say Obama's failure on Palestine is reason for increasingly negative views.
There is no difference anymore between Bush and Obama.

Iran has right for its nuclear program:
2009: 53 %
2010: 77 %

Positive effect on region, if Iran gets nukes
2009: 29 %
2010: 57 %

Most popular countries in the region:
France, Turkey

Most popular leaders:
39 % Erdogan
19 % Ahmadinajad
12 % Nasrallah
wait, are you saying Obama didnt make the Arabs love us?

I'm SHOCKED, i tell ya, shocked

No, he didn't.
When he came into office, he had good ratings in 2009, in 2010 they decreased to levels below Bush II's rating.
61% of Arabs say the reason for their rejection of Obama is his failure to deliver on the Palestine issue.

No, he didn't.
When he came into office, he had good ratings in 2009, in 2010 they decreased to levels below Bush II's rating.
61% of Arabs say the reason for their rejection of Obama is his failure to deliver on the Palestine issue.

That's b/c they want us to die instead of them. Any of those countries could have helped but chose to make it worse.

at least you had the opportunity to mess with some statements. you know, just like i did. :lol:

Not at all. I just removed all my posts after your admitted game. One I did not because it had been quoted.

Oh that was was a clear joke.

Sunni Man has no funny bone, even when it's explained to him.

I'm new here. I'll learn L.K.

I just don't like being led down....

The Tunisian uprising shows that, maybe, Barack Obama's pragmatic idealism was a good call

Life is full of unintended consequences. Barack Obama, on coming to power, turned away from Bush-era rhetoric about bringing freedom and democracy to the world. His idealism was pragmatic. When I saw him tell the Muslim world in Cairo in June 2009 that he wanted to be its friend, he shocked some people because he didn’t say it was conditional on reform.

It’s too early to divine the full meaning of the revolution in Tunisia. But it does look like the people of that country, realising that Mr Obama wasn’t going to come to their rescue, decided to do it for themselves. That is a rare realisation in the the Arab world of how things ought to be: rather than complaining that other people haven’t brought change, do it yourself.

Nevertheless, it may have been a good call, or at least a lucky break, on Mr Obama’s part.
factually accurate, due to journalistic standards.

What the fuck? Now Obama is getting credit for things he is trying to prosecute? Most informed people know that one of the catalysts of the Tunisia revolt was the fact that Wikileaks leaked top secret cables detailing the lavish lifestyle and spending of the ruling family, yet somehow I am supposed to ignore this and give Obama credit because he got elected.

Fuck that, Obama is not the answer to every single problem, anymore than he is the cause of the same.

Forum List

Back