Tuesday I said goodbye to an old friend

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
We had 16 good years together.

I bought her all the "wrong ways" to buy a dog...from an add in the local for sale bulletin, off a farm, out of a father who had bitten, and unsocialized but, at 6 months old she decided I was hers. I was smitten. Her ideal universe was her and I, and other dogs could visit but she preferred they didn't stay. She was the "play Nazi" and the tattle-tale when other dogs did wrong. She would do anything for me, and loved to be "right" whether it was learning silly tricks or formal obedience she did it with joy and sensitivity. She was a silly flirt with the boys, even in her old age. She was my shadow and my friend.

I shall miss her. Farewell Deena mie Von Pickles, CD and almost CGC...I hope there is plenty of chicken nuggets and frisbees and a few sheep to chase in heaven for you.

100_0004.jpg

I'm sorry for your great loss. I know the sadness of losing a good companion pet. Maybe one day, when the time is right, somebody else will come along to fill the empty spot in your life. Here's a little sympathy rep for you.

We had 16 good years together.

I bought her all the "wrong ways" to buy a dog...from an add in the local for sale bulletin, off a farm, out of a father who had bitten, and unsocialized but, at 6 months old she decided I was hers. I was smitten. Her ideal universe was her and I, and other dogs could visit but she preferred they didn't stay. She was the "play Nazi" and the tattle-tale when other dogs did wrong. She would do anything for me, and loved to be "right" whether it was learning silly tricks or formal obedience she did it with joy and sensitivity. She was a silly flirt with the boys, even in her old age. She was my shadow and my friend.

I shall miss her. Farewell Deena mie Von Pickles, CD and almost CGC...I hope there is plenty of chicken nuggets and frisbees and a few sheep to chase in heaven for you.

100_0004.jpg

OMG, I can't believe how much your dog looks like mine. Mine is getting old and every year we think this will be her last one with us. I'm sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss Coyote. I know it would be too soon to start thinking like this, but I'd look at it as 16 great years with a great friend.

Thanks....I thought, after 16 years, it wouldn't be so hard - she had a good and long life for a dog. But that doesn't make it any easier, in fact the hole she leaves behind seems bigger. When I was feeding the crew tonight I was looking at the empty dishes on the floor. Deena always picked them up and brought them to me - that was her self-taught job. Of course, she'd scour them first just in case someone missed something :)

We were lucky, she was in good shape until just the last few days when she seemed to crash :(

Thanks....I thought, after 16 years, it wouldn't be so hard - she had a good and long life for a dog. But that doesn't make it any easier, in fact the hole she leaves behind seems bigger. When I was feeding the crew tonight I was looking at the empty dishes on the floor. Deena always picked them up and brought them to me - that was her self-taught job. Of course, she'd scour them first just in case someone missed something :)

We were lucky, she was in good shape until just the last few days when she seemed to crash :(

:(

Tears here dear, I feel your pain.

You have my condolences.

At least she did not waste away for months on end and put you through the is it time yet thing that so many of our companions put us through, nonintentional as it is. Remember that the two of you served each other well.

You have my condolences.

At least she did not waste away for months on end and put you through the is it time yet thing that so many of our companions put us through, nonintentional as it is. Remember that the two of you served each other well.

I've had to help my dog up the steps into the house now several times. She's lost control and messes in the house, everyday we wonder if it's time.....I just want her to die a natural death and to bury her in the backyard next to the cat.

So sorry for your loss, Coyote. Dogs are the absolute bestest thing God ever made. I'm glad you got 16 years with her and she with you. Sounds like she had the best dog life ever.

You have my condolences.

I've had to help my dog up the steps into the house now several times. She's lost control and messes in the house, everyday we wonder if it's time.....I just want her to die a natural death and to bury her in the backyard next to the cat.

I understand that Shelia, our cat of 22 years died in our home last summer, in his spot he always slept in, quietly and peacefully. That was great comfort for my daughter and myself, being able to be with him in his final days instead of at the vets or such.

I am so sorry for your loss :(

You have my condolences.

I understand that Shelia, our cat of 22 years died in our home last summer, in his spot he always slept in, quietly and peacefully. That was great comfort for my daughter and myself, being able to be with him in his final days instead of at the vets or such.

Our cat died in my arms, on the way to the vet. I didn't even know she was dead until I laid her on the table. The vet never charged me. We just took her home and buried her out by the tree. I miss her and would like to get another cat but it wouldn't be fair to our old dog. I just don't think she can handle a kitten. Take a good look at the picture in the original post...with slightly longer hair and grey around the nose, that's my dog.

You have my condolences.

I know of which you speak. I was usually the one called in to be with ______ when the time came to end the misery for all parties.

That was a very touching story and I am truly sorry for your loss. I may be old and smelly, but I am just an old and smelly softy, especially for dogs. I hope you find another furry soul-mate soon.

PS- I now officially love Deena mie Von Pickles too...since i practically cried reading about her...:sad:

That was a very touching story and I am truly sorry for your loss. I may be old and smelly, but I am just an old and smelly softy, especially for dogs. I hope you find another furry soul-mate soon.

PS- I now officially love Deena mie Von Pickles too...since i practically cried reading about her...:sad:

How could anyone not cry. :(

And I love that name, Deena mei Von Pickles!

we get wiggling puppies...we care for them...and one day we realize they are beyond what nature would allow ...never seems right....always seems wrong....but we do the best we can do....

i am sorry for your pain....but try to just remember all the joy

It's always hard to lose a friend, whether they have four feet and fur or no. The hole they leave behind in our lives is the same. So sorry for your loss, Coyote. :(

Forum List

Back