Tue Conservatives know...

I posted it In NATO AIR's recent post on the new U.S. strategy to divide the insurgents, view it and we can debate it there.

Originally Posted by Bullypulpit
REPITITION...It's how you teach the developmentally and cognitively disabled
It is also the way you brain wash people, this was a topic of discussion during a certain administration. I can’t say which, because it’s not PC on this board.

White knight said:
It is also the way you brain wash people, this was a topic of discussion during a certain administration. I can’t say which, because it’s not PC on this board.

Whats you beef with this board------and where's your response to my question??? You wanted to debate (so you say)

White knight said:

Lay off the constant complaints about the board before I give you a reason to complain elsewhere.

Whats you beef with this board------and where's your response to my question??? You wanted to debate (so you say)

His beef is simple Dillo. He gets very little agreement from people and does not like when people rip his arguments apart. As Jimmy has said, this board is open to all of wish to speak their opinions, there is no censorship of any kind, nor is there any advertising targeted to a specific type of member. In fact we encourage people with opposite opinions to come and debate. Some members will say that there are a lot of conservatives here, and this may be true, but this was by chance rather than design. Tommorrow 100's of liberals could join, and the slant could shift the other way. This is what happens when you present an uncensored forum for people to speak their opinions. Members are simply presenting arguments that they believe in, it has nothing to do with the PC of this board. If you are just looking for people to agree with you, maybe this is not the place, but if you wish to engage then you have found a place to do so.

dilloduck said:
Then by God give us some of the ways YOU propose to solve problems. It's hard to have a debate when you only criticize yet only rarely suggest an alternative idea.
That is the whole point of a debate, thinking about issues, listening to other viewpoints and arriving at some conclusion.
I don’t have both sides of the story yet, just the so-called liberal media, and insider viewpoints.
I need more Intel. Where do the Neo-cons get their source of News, other then Fox News, the White House or Limbaugh?

White knight said:
That is the whole point of a debate, thinking about issues, listening to other viewpoints and arriving at some conclusion.
I don’t have both sides of the story yet, just the so-called liberal media, and insider viewpoints.
I need more Intel. Where do the Neo-cons get their source of News, other then Fox News, the White House or Limbaugh?

where do you get your news? From Doonsebury? (no offense naked)

White knight said:
Where do the Neo-cons get their source of News, other then Fox News, the White House or Limbaugh?

The same place as the misguided liberals who can't think for themselves. It's just that we weigh both sides of the story and make sound judgements. We don't just eat what is spoon fed to us by Michael Moore and the liberal media. It's not hard to read a similar story on CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, BBC and every other major media outlet and get somewhat different stories. Common sense allows me to see through the smokescreens and draw my own conclusions. It's sad that so many remain that take what the media states as gospel. Personally, I like to make my own decisions and not have those with an agenda make them for me.

White knight said:
This is the type of response I’m talking about. Branding people, name calling, it is not a legitimate method of debate, but adhering to a fixed and closed mindset.

I can explore many different viewpoints with out getting offended; there is a difference between thinking about something and believing in it.

You should try it; you might find there is an advantage to be able to look at something from a different viewpoints.

What is the point in posting here, if you only want to hear opinions the same as yours?

If you don’t like my post then but me on your ignore list, as I have done some of you, since you can not contribute to a constructive debate.

BRAVO!! :thup:

jimnyc said:
The same place as the misguided liberals who can't think for themselves. It's just that we weigh both sides of the story and make sound judgements. We don't just eat what is spoon fed to us by Michael Moore and the liberal media. It's not hard to read a similar story on CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, BBC and every other major media outlet and get somewhat different stories. Common sense allows me to see through the smokescreens and draw my own conclusions. It's sad that so many remain that take what the media states as gospel. Personally, I like to make my own decisions and not have those with an agenda make them for me.
I agree, my mind is not made up yet there are some patterns and unprecedented things that are being reported that are disturbing. I can’t believe the entire media is liberal as some would suggest, as far as the 3 major networks, I don’t view them as credible sources of information, due to the manner in which there are funded.
I can’t think of the word still, their reporting may reflect their own financial and political interest.

White knight said:
I agree, my mind is not made up yet there are some patterns and unprecedented things that are being reported that are disturbing. I can’t believe the entire media is liberal as some would suggest, as far as the 3 major networks, I don’t view them as credible sources of information, due to the manner in which there are funded.
I can’t think of the word still, their reporting may reflect their own financial and political interest.

You know you're a kerry supporter. The crap that comes our of your brain proves it. Quit lying.

White knight said:

I'll agree that the 'entire' media isn't liberal. But all in all I do believe the media in the US has a large liberal slant. Some libs choose to only tune into what supports their position as do some of the conservatives. Somewhere between the 2 (and some good foreign sources) is the truth. I tend to wait until complete facts come out before making uninformed judgements. I get angry with the libs sometimes because so many of their gripes are not founded in fact, but rather in opinion and conspiracies. That doesn't go to say that there aren't some conservatives that do the same but it's much worse on the lib side. Those grey lines are where most good debates are found. So you will have some that fall in line with what they are being told and others that want verifiable facts and sources before they rush to judgement.

I'll bet 90% of the accusations here are by libs that think conservatives are stupid because we 'can't read between the lines' because we won't immediately believe something that isn't supported in fact. There were so many stories I could have posted that came forth about Kerry, but I used better judgement and waited for all the facts to come in. Some of them were just crap and were proved wrong, and I saved my face from some egg for not jumping on it.

dilloduck said:
Well lets do my favorite then-----how do you feel about the media's influence on America?
I think we are going down a slippery slope, there is too much propaganda being used in the media today. These movies that are spreading half-truths, the political strategists are using more and more Psychological warfare and manipulating the media. It is really confusing people and dividing the nation.
Members of the press core have complained about intimidation and underlying threats of access denial.
None of this is good for the country.

White knight said:
I think we are going down a slippery slope, there is too much propaganda being used in the media today. These movies that are spreading half-truths, the political strategists are using more and more Psychological warfare and manipulating the media. It is really confusing people and dividing the nation.
Members of the press core have complained about intimidation and underlying threats of access denial.
None of this is good for the country.

Yep. You libs are ready to shut down the press and free speech since you've lost your monopolistic control. Typical lib. Just admit you're a fake conservative.

Forum List

Back