Tucson Tragedy: GOP Gives Higher Marks To Obama Than Palin On Response

RWers would do well to keep in mind that stating facts is not an "attack."

Fact: Sarah Palin put up a campaign image that featured cross-hairs that targeted, by name, members of the Democratic Party, one of them being the shooting victim, Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.

it was an image that was no different than has been used by both parties in the past

Fact: Sarah Palin followed up with violent rhetoric telling her supporters and fans to not "Retreat, but to RELOAD!"

Do not retreat, reload is a common phrase used to show strength; not miliatrily but metaphorically.

Fact: Giffords had an interview on MSNBC shortly after the cross-hair sign and urged Sarah Palin to reconsider her actions and rhetoric.

She did not implore Palin. She did what politicians do. She cirticized the other party for something that was not worthy of criticism...but can be made to look wortthy of cirticism

Fact: Sarah Palin's response to that was to mock and scoff at not only her, but the rest of the Left who were making similar appeals at the time (approximately a year ago now)

actually, she mocked and scoffed at the faux outrage...and the others were not making similar appeals...they were outright criticizing her...and she let it be klnown that she sees it as faux outrage.

That being said...I WONDER IF THE LEFT DID NOT CRITICIZE EVERY THING SHE SAYS AND DOES, MAYBE SHE WOULD BE MORE OPEN TO THEIR CRITICSM IF AND WHEN THEY GIVE IT.....But I digress.....

Fact: G. Giffords, a target on Sarah Palin's list, was shoot in the head, point blank assassination style and by some miracle survived.

Yes, she was shot in the head. So were 17 others shot who were NOT politicians on the list

Fact: Sarah Palin immediately pulled down the Cross Hair Sign after the reports came down.

She rightfully reacted to those thast claimed as fact that the chart was the casue of the attack. She did not know it to be false...she just knew it was reported as contrinuting. Of course she took it down.

Fact: Most of the media then presented the above facts...as facts. As they are, well...facts.

That would be like presenting facts about cats to back up statements about dogs. It is reporting facts but that have nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Fact: Sarah and the left have called all the above or people who are stating all the above facts, attackers and crying that she's a victim.

They are attacks. Why was her name and her "facts" brought into the discussion of the shooting? It would be like discussing the actions of a cat when rationalizing the actions of a dog

Stating FACTS, or discussing FACTS, are NOT attacks.

Stating facts and discussing facts about something that is not related to the topic at hand is an attack.

Your spin is pathetic.

Dude...you have REALLY proven yourself to be NOT in touch with reality...in the least.

I stated plain, documented, proven, facts.

And YOU want to talk about spinning and being dizzy?

WoW!!!

Stating fact out of context is manipulating the facts...and I showed how you maipulated the facts.

And you lie. You did not state plain proven facts....She never implored Palin to "stop it". Palin never scoffed at her as I pointed out.....

You want to debate the issues...I am all game.

You want to act like a child and spin the truth and manipulate the facts? No interest.

Lets see where you stand.

Because JarHead seems to be out of touch with reality, I will AGAIN state the FACTS as they occured...

Fact: Sarah Palin put up a campaign image that featured cross-hairs that targeted, by name, members of the Democratic Party, one of them being the shooting victim, Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.

Fact: Sarah Palin followed up with violent rhetoric telling her supporters and fans to not "Retreat, but to RELOAD!"

Fact: Giffords had an interview on MSNBC shortly after the cross-hair sign and urged Sarah Palin to reconsider her actions and rhetoric.

Fact: Sarah Palin's response to that was to mock and scoff at not only her, but the rest of the Left who were making similar appeals at the time (approximately a year ago now)

Fact: G. Giffords, a target on Sarah Palin's list, was shoot in the head, point blank assassination style and by some miracle survived.

Fact: Sarah Palin immediately pulled down the Cross Hair Sign after the reports came down.

Fact: Most of the media then presented the above facts...as facts. As they are, well...facts.

Fact: Sarah and the left have called all the above or people who are stating all the above facts, attackers and crying that she's a victim.

Fact: All the above are not distorted or "out of context" or biased...they are stated plain and in the actual order as they occured.

Again, I would implore the RWers to reconsider their tactics and just be honest.

Stating FACTS, or discussing FACTS, are NOT attacks. RWers would do well to keep in mind that stating facts is not an "attack."

Because JarHead seems to be out of touch with reality, I will AGAIN state the FACTS as they occured...

Fact: All the above are not distorted or "out of context" or biased...they are stated plain and in the actual order as they occured.

Again, I would implore the RWers to reconsider their tactics and just be honest.

Stating FACTS, or discussing FACTS, are NOT attacks. RWers would do well to keep in mind that stating facts is not an "attack."[/QUOTE

Whatever works for you.

Long, long ago, when I was an adolescent, I remember getting into trouble for something, and trying to talk my way out of it. The more I talked, the worse it got. Palin would be wise to just shut up at this point. Her attempt at victimhood turned off all too many Americans.

I've been reading some very amusing comments (elsewhere) about how Palin should sue over this. Oh....please do, Sarah....please do.

Sue? :lol:
OK, she wins her suit. What are her damages?

Brain damage.

She is in the news because she seeks the spotlight.

She is making the best living of her life doing TV and books.

They only way to keep the money flowing into her bank accounts is for her to stay in the spotlight.

She is in the spotlight by choice, but that does not answer the question of why the left feels the need to continually knock her.

Whoopie Goldberg is on the View and is quite left leaning....yet the right is not starting threads over andf over again about her ideology and the foolish ways she sometimes articulates it.

Why?

We dont fear her.

We DO fear Soros...so we start threads about him.

You just wont admit you fear her. But your actions show otherwise.

Then you must fear Obama.:lol:

Stating FACTS, or discussing FACTS, are NOT attacks. RWers would do well to keep in mind that stating facts is not an "attack."

Whatever works for you.

JarHead, I won't let you get away with that nonsense. It's not "whatever works for you" its what's factual and what's not factual.

And what I stated above...is factual.

Your defense, WAS the out of context and bias.

JarHead...do support Sarah Palin?

She is in the news because she seeks the spotlight.

She is making the best living of her life doing TV and books.

They only way to keep the money flowing into her bank accounts is for her to stay in the spotlight.

She is in the spotlight by choice, but that does not answer the question of why the left feels the need to continually knock her.

Whoopie Goldberg is on the View and is quite left leaning....yet the right is not starting threads over andf over again about her ideology and the foolish ways she sometimes articulates it.

Why?

We dont fear her.

Many do.
I did.
Not anymore as is evident by my not really discussing much about him other than a compliment from time to time...and my few times I have had to defend my statement that he gets my vote over sara palin

Why?

We dont fear her.

Many do.
I did.
Not anymore as is evident by my not really discussing much about him other than a compliment from time to time...and my few times I have had to defend my statement that he gets my vote over sara palin

That's so frickin sad.

Whatever works for you.

JarHead, I won't let you get away with that nonsense. It's not "whatever works for you" its what's factual and what's not factual.

And what I stated above...is factual.

Your defense, WAS the out of context and bias.

JarHead...do support Sarah Palin?

nope. Not in the least.
She would not have my vote.
But that is irrelevant...

I do not appreciate how you took facts and spun them just enough to lend them the credfibility you wanted them to have.

Saying that she implored Palin to stop was a spin of the fact.

And I just dont play that kind of game. I come here to debate and I will not onteract with anyone who takes the arrogant route and spins for an advantage.

So that being said, I am done with this discussion.

Why?

We dont fear her.

Many do.
I did.

Then it's the rest of USMB that feels the need to attack Obama every day that must fear him.

obie wan put the country an extra 5 trillion dollars in debt and Jarhead is gonna vote to give him four more years. he don't give a shit about his children.

Many do.
I did.

That's so frickin sad.

Get a life Willow.
I have my own convictions and I do not fall for the spin of the right anymore than I will from the left.

Obama is not looking to punish the successful anymore than the GOP only cares about the rich.

Enough with the crap.

Many do.
I did.

That's so frickin sad.

Get a life Willow.
I have my own convictions and I do not fall for the spin of the right anymore than I will from the left.

Obama is not looking to punish the successful anymore than the GOP only cares about the rich.

Enough with the crap.

bullshit.

Many do.
I did.

Then it's the rest of USMB that feels the need to attack Obama every day that must fear him.

Some may.

But he is directly involved in legislative decisions and international dialogues...so I assume most discuss him on here for that reason.

Palin does none of the above...so I believe anyone who feels the need to continually discuss her and criticize her are afraid of her.

Last edited:
Many do.
I did.

Some may.

But he is directly involved in legislative decisions and international dialogues...so I assume most discuss him on here for that reason.

Palin does none of the above...so I believe anyone who feels the need to continually discuss her and criticize her are afraid of her.

Palin is a very active operative in the GOP and touts her own status in that regard.

Forum List

Back