Tucson Festival of Books: Radius

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
The Tucson Festival of Books is being held on the campus of the University of Arizona today (March 12th) and tomorrow (March 13th) this year.

Authors/presenters invited include James M. Scott (Target Tokyo), C.B. McKenzie (Mystery and the Novel: Bending Genres), Terry Brooks (The Shannara series), Joshua Mohr (Reality with a Twist), Linda Hirshman (LGBTQ Politics), Gregory Pardio (2015 Pulitzer poet), Sean Prentiss (Edward Abbey reflections), Carol Goodman (Shakespeare Mysteries), Joe Urschel (Hero and Anti-Hero), Joanne Weir (Kitchen Gypsy), Chuck Wendig (Space Sagas), Timothy Egan (The Immortal Irishman), Luis Alberto Urrea (The Tijuana Book of the Dead), J.T. Ellison (Collaborating in Crime), Nancy Harmon Jenkins (The Essentials of Olive Oil), Robert Knott (Novel to Screenplay), and Kashmira Sheth (Researching Untold History).

Workshops, seminars, and presentations obviously cover a wide range of topics.

A book is an important record of the flow of history, and history covers politics, culture, lifestyle, art, and religion.

I'll be looking into the presentations on the translations between novels and screenplays, because I'm personally interested in creative intersections between words (linguistic conventions) and images (self-visualization).

This sort of event really reflects a social investment in academic branching.

Tucson Festival of Books

ebwhite.png

I would love to have been there. Sadly, while they liked my proposed novel on PTSD and American Indians, they said their emphasis was on non-fiction so they had to pass.

Forum List

Back