Tucker Carlson says women making more money than men leads to “more drug and alcohol abuse..."

The fool even said that when men make less money than women, the women don't want to marry them, but the rich are "doing it right" by getting married first.

Get a load of his hysteria here...

Tucker Carlson: Women making more money than men leads to “more drug and alcohol abuse"

You can't make this stuff up folks.

I do think there is a legitimate point to be said that society still has expectations that a man is supposed to have a good career and be successful in order to be a suitable mate, otherwise he is looked down upon as a loser. Parents still hope their daughter will marry a doctor or a lawyer, a man with a successful career, not a garbage man or a warehouse worker. Women, on the other hand, can still lack education and work a low income job and not have the same stigma attached to them.

That said, Carlson's premise is absurd. The idea that men are abusing drugs and alcohol because women might make more than them is ridiculous. If you're unhappy with your stature in life do something to change it.

Tucker did NOT say that men are using drugs and alcohol because women are making more money than them. That is a complete misinterpretation of what point he was making.

He absolutely made a connection between the two.

Oh, dear. I wish the conservatives wouldn't get back on that old track.
The bastards really don't have anything else.

Did he make his argument or didn't he ?

You didn't present anything that was said...you just crapped on the conclusion.

Is the conclusion wrong just because you say so ?

Hardly....you are one of the more stupid posters on this board.

Did he have an argument and can you refute it (if he did).

If Carlson just presented an opinion, then shame on him.

Any person, regardless of gender, who was raised properly pitches in to make a solid partnership/marriage/family and puts that goal first, rather than their individual ego.

Carlson gets paid big bucks to mouth this shit. Then the right-wingers try to deny that this kind of sexist stuff is not really circulating in our society. This happens to me on USMB, if I dare mention that this sort of nonsense exists.They usually are the same ones who deny that racism and homophobia exist.

You need to go work in a monastary (preferably in Tibet) where someone might actually care about what you have to say.

You really are obsessed with "sexism" and "submission". Makes me wonder what drives your thinking.

MarcATL I find that that cycles of abuse, whether drug/alcohol or the sexual addictions that
even Catholic communities suffered and hid from,
are caused by SPIRITUAL obstructions and addictions.
And these are cured by GENERATIONAL therapy, similar to the
healing methods of recovery that whole tribes have to go through
to overcome genocide in their histories that affect future generations.

This is very deep, and it is NOT CAUSED merely by superficial circumstances.
In fact, I'd say that the social factors and environment are part of the spiritual manifestation.
The spiritual process is the determining factor, and all the other environmental factors
from Nature to Nurture FOLLOW and reflect that spiritual process. This is a healing process, like the
stages of grief leading to full recovery in the future,
but until the cycle is broken, the patterns from the past REPEAT and remanifest in next generations.

The real factors to look for to understand the stages of this spiritual development is
* forgiveness
* unforgiveness
That's how you determine which STAGE of grief or recovery someone is in.
If they are still angry and resentful, projecting blame "outside themselves"
(as even Tucker Carlson is talking about blaming "outside factors" instead of
looking at the internal mechanisms and process that is running independent of what
this looks like on the outside)
or if they are depressed, despondent, and feeling as a "hopeless victim of others"
(which again Carlson mentions as the men who feel demasculated and turn
to substance addiction as an escape).
These are different STAGES of dealing with past patterns that are repeating.

None of these STAGES are the defining problem or solution.
They are each part of a PROCESS to overcome. So that's what we
need to focus on, is understanding the shape and steps of the recovery process.

We can better walk each other through these steps if we don't get stuck on any one
and try to blame or "generalize" based on that one angle.

The point is to FINISH the process and reach full spiritual maturity and understanding.
Not blame people for the past or where we are in our recovery which is a necessary stage
to overcome and grow to the next level of development.

The better we understand why the stages MANIFEST through anger, or depression and numbness,
we can better work through this, and make the process for us,
instead of fighting against the process.
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about Emily.

You have no idea....period.

The fool even said that when men make less money than women, the women don't want to marry them, but the rich are "doing it right" by getting married first.

Tucker Carlson: Women making more money than men leads to “more drug and alcohol abuse"

True.

Just more rightwing lies and demogogery.

That you can't refute.

Is there a reason you like being seen as a fool ?

Had you actually watched the segment like I did, and not just read mediamatters, you would have seen that he stated more than once "It's not me saying this, I'm quoting studies."

Here are studies:

What Happens When Wives Earn More Than Husbands

So in 2013, the University of Chicago Booth School of Business published a paper that looked at 4,000 married couples in America. It found that once a woman started to earn more than her husband, divorce rates increased.

Female Breadwinners: A New Marriage Crisis?

When Wives Earn More Than Their Husbands, Marriages Struggle

Study: Does a woman making more in a relationship cause problems?

When Women Earn More Than Men

Wife the breadwinner? You’re more likely to get divorced unless husbands do this

So in a nutshell, he's exactly right. Care to apologize?
Since you’re obviously smug, what is your solution?

That's a deflection. And not a good one a that (but you are pretty good at being crappy).

The point is that the OP MarcATL has a screwed up OP and is full of shit.

Oh, dear. I wish the conservatives wouldn't get back on that old track.
The bastards really don't have anything else.

Did he make his argument or didn't he ?

You didn't present anything that was said...you just crapped on the conclusion.

Is the conclusion wrong just because you say so ?

Hardly....you are one of the more stupid posters on this board.

Did he have an argument and can you refute it (if he did).

If Carlson just presented an opinion, then shame on him.

Dear Sun Devil 92
Because people use the media to troll for ratings, hype or reaction,
it's getting to the point where I no longer argue about the wrong points
that could have been said, intended or not, or whatever.

I just discuss the concepts and material brought up -- with
a focus and intent on working toward SOLUTIONS not nitpicking over flaws and problems
with a focus on blame and fault finding to discredit or judge/ostracize people.

If what they said was inaccurate, it would get corrected by discussing the 'general' issues that are covered or included,
regardless how flawed or biased the presentation may have been.
yes, you can point out flaws, but why not focus on correcting them
instead of judging the presenter and arguing about what was meant.

I see little sense or good in debating the wrong things people said or meant
when we could focus on solutions instead, regardless how right or wrong their presentation.

It's just getting to that point.
If you bring up anything regarding drugs, or abortion,
that means let's discuss what is going right or wrong,
what are the problems and what are the solutions.

Otherwise we can go in circles debating format and biases in presentation
and that doesn't address or solve any of the issues brought up,
right or wrong, related or not.

if you are going to troll people, why not use that opportunity
to discuss solutions to any number of the issues, factors or causes related to that topic.

Had you actually watched the segment like I did, and not just read mediamatters, you would have seen that he stated more than once "It's not me saying this, I'm quoting studies."

Here are studies:

What Happens When Wives Earn More Than Husbands

So in 2013, the University of Chicago Booth School of Business published a paper that looked at 4,000 married couples in America. It found that once a woman started to earn more than her husband, divorce rates increased.

Female Breadwinners: A New Marriage Crisis?

When Wives Earn More Than Their Husbands, Marriages Struggle

Study: Does a woman making more in a relationship cause problems?

When Women Earn More Than Men

Wife the breadwinner? You’re more likely to get divorced unless husbands do this

So in a nutshell, he's exactly right. Care to apologize?
Here is a relevant article from The Atlantic.
'Marrying Down' Costs Educated Women $25K a Year - The Atlantic

Forum List

Back