Tucker Carlson says women making more money than men leads to “more drug and alcohol abuse..."

The fool even said that when men make less money than women, the women don't want to marry them, but the rich are "doing it right" by getting married first.

Get a load of his hysteria here...

Tucker Carlson: Women making more money than men leads to “more drug and alcohol abuse"

You can't make this stuff up folks.

Had you actually watched the segment like I did, and not just read mediamatters, you would have seen that he stated more than once "It's not me saying this, I'm quoting studies."

Here are studies:

What Happens When Wives Earn More Than Husbands

So in 2013, the University of Chicago Booth School of Business published a paper that looked at 4,000 married couples in America. It found that once a woman started to earn more than her husband, divorce rates increased.

Female Breadwinners: A New Marriage Crisis?

When Wives Earn More Than Their Husbands, Marriages Struggle

Study: Does a woman making more in a relationship cause problems?

When Women Earn More Than Men

Wife the breadwinner? You’re more likely to get divorced unless husbands do this

So in a nutshell, he's exactly right. Care to apologize?

Last edited:
The fool even said that when men make less money than women, the women don't want to marry them, but the rich are "doing it right" by getting married first.

Tucker Carlson: Women making more money than men leads to “more drug and alcohol abuse"

White males in america really need to grow a collective sack.
INCEL is recruiting from scared white males......they don't know how to handle strong, educated women.

Had you actually watched the segment like I did, and not just read mediamatters, you would have seen that he stated more than once "It's not me saying this, I'm quoting studies."

Here are studies:

So in 2013, the University of Chicago Booth School of Business published a paper that looked at 4,000 married couples in America. It found that once a woman started to earn more than her husband, divorce rates increased.

Wife the breadwinner? You’re more likely to get divorced unless husbands do this
So.....the woman doesn't NEED the guy she married for security. Oh well.

Here are studies:

So in a nutshell, he's exactly right. Care to apologize?
The MediaMatters clip did state that.

However, am I to understand that Republicans are now NPR-supporting and science-supporting people going forward?

MarcATL I find that that cycles of abuse, whether drug/alcohol or the sexual addictions that
even Catholic communities suffered and hid from,
are caused by SPIRITUAL obstructions and addictions.
And these are cured by GENERATIONAL therapy, similar to the
healing methods of recovery that whole tribes have to go through
to overcome genocide in their histories that affect future generations.

This is very deep, and it is NOT CAUSED merely by superficial circumstances.
In fact, I'd say that the social factors and environment are part of the spiritual manifestation.
The spiritual process is the determining factor, and all the other environmental factors
from Nature to Nurture FOLLOW and reflect that spiritual process. This is a healing process, like the
stages of grief leading to full recovery in the future,
but until the cycle is broken, the patterns from the past REPEAT and remanifest in next generations.

The real factors to look for to understand the stages of this spiritual development is
* forgiveness
* unforgiveness
That's how you determine which STAGE of grief or recovery someone is in.
If they are still angry and resentful, projecting blame "outside themselves"
(as even Tucker Carlson is talking about blaming "outside factors" instead of
looking at the internal mechanisms and process that is running independent of what
this looks like on the outside)
or if they are depressed, despondent, and feeling as a "hopeless victim of others"
(which again Carlson mentions as the men who feel demasculated and turn
to substance addiction as an escape).
These are different STAGES of dealing with past patterns that are repeating.

None of these STAGES are the defining problem or solution.
They are each part of a PROCESS to overcome. So that's what we
need to focus on, is understanding the shape and steps of the recovery process.

We can better walk each other through these steps if we don't get stuck on any one
and try to blame or "generalize" based on that one angle.

The point is to FINISH the process and reach full spiritual maturity and understanding.
Not blame people for the past or where we are in our recovery which is a necessary stage
to overcome and grow to the next level of development.

The better we understand why the stages MANIFEST through anger, or depression and numbness,
we can better work through this, and make the process for us,
instead of fighting against the process.

MarcATL I find that that cycles of abuse, whether drug/alcohol or the sexual addictions that
even Catholic communities suffered and hid from,
are caused by SPIRITUAL obstructions and addictions.
And these are cured by GENERATIONAL therapy, similar to the
healing methods of recovery that whole tribes have to go through
to overcome genocide in their histories that affect future generations.

This is very deep, and it is NOT CAUSED merely by superficial circumstances.
In fact, I'd say that the social factors and environment are part of the spiritual manifestation.
The spiritual process is the determining factor, and all the other environmental factors
from Nature to Nurture FOLLOW and reflect that spiritual process. This is a healing process, like the
stages of grief leading to full recovery in the future,
but until the cycle is broken, the patterns from the past REPEAT and remanifest in next generations.

The real factors to look for to understand the stages of this spiritual development is
* forgiveness
* unforgiveness
That's how you determine which STAGE of grief or recovery someone is in.
If they are still angry and resentful, projecting blame "outside themselves"
(as even Tucker Carlson is talking about blaming "outside factors" instead of
looking at the internal mechanisms and process that is running independent of what
this looks like on the outside)
or if they are depressed, despondent, and feeling as a "hopeless victim of others"
(which again Carlson mentions as the men who feel demasculated and turn
to substance addiction as an escape).
These are different STAGES of dealing with past patterns that are repeating.

None of these STAGES are the defining problem or solution.
They are each part of a PROCESS to overcome. So that's what we
need to focus on, is understanding the shape and steps of the recovery process.

We can better walk each other through these steps if we don't get stuck on any one
and try to blame or "generalize" based on that one angle.

The point is to FINISH the process and reach full spiritual maturity and understanding.
Not blame people for the past or where we are in our recovery which is a necessary stage
to overcome and grow to the next level of development.

The better we understand why the stages MANIFEST through anger, or depression and numbness,
we can better work through this, and make the process for us,
instead of fighting against the process.
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about Emily.

Tucker also thinks self driving cars are a bad idea because it will cause truck drivers to lose their jobs. Tucker is unfortunately insane now. :(

Sadly. At least he is super rich and can be insanely comfortable?

Unfortunately, I've seen it. I have seen this repeatedly.

So while I have no idea what Carlson really says or believes.... I have personally seen this happen.

Men tend to... not all men.... but most I would say tend to only step up when they feel they are needed have to take responsibility. Way too many times I see men go into 'coast' mode when their wife makes the most money, and starts paying all the bills.

I can think of dozens of examples.

There was also a round table discussion several years back, with a group of economists discussing why men are not stepping up, and the one woman on the panel, is the one who suggested it was women making more money which allowed men the freedom to loaf.

And the rich are doing it right, by getting married first. This is statistical fact. Census data suggests that a defining factor in ending up wealthy is.... not screwing around until you get married, before having kids. That's just a statistical fact.

I agree with racist Marc here. Tucker is losing his mind.

See post number 8. Tucker is exactly right. It's well known that divorce causes drug and alcohol abuse.

Substance Abuse and Divorce, Are They Linked? | Silver Ridge Recovery

Gotta love when liberals try to attack a conservative and say they're wrong and insane and they turn out to be right. They eat crow, but aren't man enough to apologize.

Last edited:
Any person, regardless of gender, who was raised properly pitches in to make a solid partnership/marriage/family and puts that goal first, rather than their individual ego.

Carlson gets paid big bucks to mouth this shit. Then the right-wingers try to deny that this kind of sexist stuff is not really circulating in our society. This happens to me on USMB, if I dare mention that this sort of nonsense exists.They usually are the same ones who deny that racism and homophobia exist.

Forum List

Back