TSA to Upgrade Body Scanners, Eliminate Naked Images

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Under fire from privacy advocates, the Transportation Security Administration is upgrading its full body scanners to eliminate the use of images that show a passenger’s naked body.

Over the new few months, the agency will install new software known as Automated Target Recognition (ATR) that can auto-detect items that pose a potential threat using a generic outline of a person for all passengers.

TSA to Upgrade Body Scanners, Eliminate Naked Images - FoxNews.com

That's good news. Had a trip to D.C. planned and wife said no way she was getting scanned/patted down. Hell I went thru one of those and it was over before I figured out what it was. Pffft.

Under fire from privacy advocates, the Transportation Security Administration is upgrading its full body scanners to eliminate the use of images that show a passenger’s naked body.

Over the new few months, the agency will install new software known as Automated Target Recognition (ATR) that can auto-detect items that pose a potential threat using a generic outline of a person for all passengers.

TSA to Upgrade Body Scanners, Eliminate Naked Images - FoxNews.com

So Anthony Weiners belly button is off limits, but his twitter is still public property.

So all those expensive scanners that the Bush admin authorized will be replaced now?

One good thing, less nausea by TSA agents when TP members are passing thru.

Personally I say forget the scanners, everyone strip before going through security.
(Obviously I won't be flying.........)

I remember when smoking was allowed on airplanes. You know- those propeller things that go roundy round.

Old fart!!

AIRPLANE%20RICKENBACKER%20WITH%20SPUD.JPG

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back