TSA to soldier - You can take your weapon on the plane, but leave the nailclippers.

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
TSA Guy: You can’t take those on the plane.
Soldier: What? I’ve had them since we left country.
TSA Guy: You’re not suppose to have them.
Soldier: Why?
TSA Guy: They can be used as a weapon.
Soldier: [touches butt stock of the rifle] But this actually is a weapon. And I’m allowed to take it on.
TSA Guy: Yeah but you can’t use it to take over the plane. You don’t have bullets.
Soldier: And I can take over the plane with nail clippers?
TSA Guy: [awkward silence]
Me: Dude, just give him your damn nail clippers so we can get the f**k out of here. I’ll buy you a new set.
Soldier: [hands nail clippers to TSA guy, makes it through security]
This might be a good time to remind everyone that approximately 233 people re-boarded that plane with assault rifles, pistols, and machine guns–but nothing that could have been used as a weapon.

Another TSA Outrage | RedState

That's right, a single person with nail clippers might use them to take over a plane full of soldiers returning from Iraq, all of them carrying carbines.

Welcome to the new reality.

Ya know something.

Most of the TSA's have a degree in ciminology.

Just goes to show that an edjimuhkatshun won't help if you are stuck on stoopid.

I lack the words to properly describe my feelings of a fully armed but not ammoed soldeir having his nail clippers taken.

ah jus ain't smurt inuff

Hilarious and typical.

Someone in the lounge heard me tell my wife that I thought it was stupid they took her nailclippers but left me my credit cards, which can be easily serrated into a knife edge and used to slit someone's throat. I got my suitcase dumped, the full pat down, and 30 minutes of questioning. Having found nothing that violates the rules, they let me repack and get on the plane with a stern "you shouldn't say things like that, next time we'll make you miss your plane."

Of course I still had my credit cards. :cuckoo:

Check this one out.
lewrockwell/orig3/monahan1.html

"There is now a division between the citizenry and the state."

He sums it up pretty well in the final paragraph:
"There are plenty of stories like this these days. I don’t know how many I’ve read where the writer describes some breach of civil liberties by employees of the state, then wraps it all up with a dire warning about what we as a nation are becoming, and how if we don’t put an end to it now, then we’re in for heaps of trouble. Well you know what? Nothing’s going to stop the inevitable. There’s no policy change that’s going to save us. There’s no election that’s going to put a halt to the onslaught of tyranny. It’s here already – this country has changed for the worse and will continue to change for the worse. There is now a division between the citizenry and the state. When that state is used as a tool against me, there is no longer any reason why I should owe any allegiance to that state."

Uh, bullshit.

1. Nail clippers are not illegal or prohibited from being taken on commercial aircraft. SEVERAL YEARS AGO, TSA had difficulty defining what constituted a sharp, blade-like instrument, but nail clippers were never on their prohibited list except, perhaps, during the first few weeks following 9/11 when everything was basically prohibited.

2. No, soldiers are not allowed to carry their weapons aboard commercial aircraft. All weapons must be packaged per federal regulations. Military weapons require special packaging and documentation.

Just the facts, folks.

Uh, bullshit.

1. Nail clippers are not illegal or prohibited from being taken on commercial aircraft. SEVERAL YEARS AGO, TSA had difficulty defining what constituted a sharp, blade-like instrument, but nail clippers were never on their prohibited list except, perhaps, during the first few weeks following 9/11 when everything was basically prohibited.

2. No, soldiers are not allowed to carry their weapons aboard commercial aircraft. All weapons must be packaged per federal regulations. Military weapons require special packaging and documentation.

Just the facts, folks.
I was gonna say....

Uh, bullshit.

Just the facts, folks.

First, the TSA often forgets its own rules, which is one of the more persistent complaints.

Second, soldiers flying chartered planes are required to carry weapons because they are under the auspices of military authority. this was obviously a chartered flight, or they would not have been traveling as a unit.

Uh, bullshit.

Just the facts, folks.

First, the TSA often forgets its own rules, which is one of the more persistent complaints.

Second, soldiers flying chartered planes are required to carry weapons because they are under the auspices of military authority. this was obviously a chartered flight, or they would not have been traveling as a unit.
I've come to the conclusion that you are a very gullible person. No way someone carries a weapon through security. Even in your scenario where "someone forgot the rules" there is always more than one person at the security checkpoints.

No one is allowed to carry a weapon aboard. All weapons must be checked as baggage.

Whoever wrote this bullshit story at wingnutworld (Red State) is a liar.

I travel a lot and have seem many military checking in their guns. They are in cases, dissembled, and checked into the baggage. They are not taken into the cabins as carry on.

As to the nail clippers they haven't taken that for a long time as far as i know. I do however laugh that knitting needles are allowed.

Soldier: [touches butt stock of the rifle] But this actually is a weapon. And I’m allowed to take it on.
TSA Guy: Yeah but you can’t use it to take over the plane. You don’t have bullets.
Me: Dude, just give him your damn nail clippers so we can get the f**k out of here. I’ll buy you a new set.
This might be a good time to remind everyone that approximately 233 people re-boarded that plane with assault rifles, pistols, and machine guns–but nothing that could have been used as a weapon.

That's right, a single person with nail clippers might use them to take over a plane full of soldiers returning from Iraq, all of them carrying carbines.

If no one had box cutters, it was safe to fly.

Uh, bullshit.

Just the facts, folks.

I've come to the conclusion that you are a very gullible person. No way someone carries a weapon through security. Even in your scenario where "someone forgot the rules" there is always more than one person at the security checkpoints.

No one is allowed to carry a weapon aboard. All weapons must be checked as baggage.

It is also possible that I, living near a large military base, actually see the way things work in the real world.

TSA: Accommodations for U.S. Military Personnel

The weapons have to be prepped for commercial travel, but they are allowed. No one whose life depends on a rifle is going to trust it to the cargo hold.

Uh, bullshit.

Just the facts, folks.

bingo...

have you seen so much as an ouce of embarrassment that each of these threads has been a lie?

i haven't... which speaks volumes about the liars and their agenda.

It is also possible that I, living near a large military base, actually see the way things work in the real world.

The weapons have to be prepped for commercial travel, but they are allowed. No one whose life depends on a rifle is going to trust it to the cargo hold.

They trust their weapons to the cargo holds all the time. Besides the rifle case wont fit into the overhead bin. Its a non conforming bag and considered over sized. Fly more.

:cuckoo: Your own link proves you wrong.

Uh, bullshit.

Just the facts, folks.

I've done both. I've flown on a chartered flight with my unloaded weapon at my side. That is not the same as a commercial flight. We did not go through airport security; we were directly driven to the aircraft on the tarmac and boarded from there with my unloaded weapon. I've also flown on commercial flights with my assigned weapon locked and stored as checked baggage. I went through airport security just like everyone else. My bayonet, Gerber knife, Leatherman and K-bar were packed inside my checked baggage. I've never had a nail clipper taken away from me by TSA or any other airport security personnel from any other country.

Yet, I was informed by an avid knitter I know that they have no problem with knitting needles being brought on board.

Uh, bullshit.

Just the facts, folks.

I've done both. I've flown on a chartered flight with my unloaded weapon at my side. That is not the same as a commercial flight. We did not go through airport security; we were directly driven to the aircraft on the tarmac and boarded from there with my unloaded weapon. I've also flown on commercial flights with my assigned weapon locked and stored as checked baggage. I went through airport security just like everyone else. My bayonet, Gerber knife, Leatherman and K-bar were packed inside my checked baggage. I've never had a nail clipper taken away from me by TSA or any other airport security personnel from any other country.

Most people haven't had nail clippers taken, at least not recently. Thanks for confirming that charter flights let you carry weapons though. i thought you had to remove the bolt also, not just the ammo.

Yet, I was informed by an avid knitter I know that they have no problem with knitting needles being brought on board.

I know.

Forum List

Back