TSA secrets out

saveliberty

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2009
TSA posts document on airport screening procedures online

In a gaffe called "shocking" and "reckless" by some U.S. lawmakers, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) inadvertently posted a 93-page document containing highly sensitive information on its airport screening procedures on a government Web site.

The aviation security manual included details on TSA procedures for screening passengers, special rules for handling the CIA, diplomats and law enforcement officials and the technical settings and tolerances used by metal and explosive detectors used at airports.

The document included information on the frequency with which checked bags are to be hand screened for explosives, the names of 12 countries whose citizens are automatically sent to secondary screening and a list of items for which screening is not always required. Also included were images of sample credentials used by members of Congress and the CIA which the TSA said could be easily imitated. Each page of the manual carries the admonition:"NO PART OF THIS RECORD MAY BE DISCLOSED TO PERSONS WITHOUT A 'NEED TO KNOW.'

I can hardly wait for the, "it is Bush's fault" crowd on this one.

In a gaffe called "shocking" and "reckless" by some U.S. lawmakers, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) inadvertently posted a 93-page document containing highly sensitive information on its airport screening procedures on a government Web site.

The aviation security manual included details on TSA procedures for screening passengers, special rules for handling the CIA, diplomats and law enforcement officials and the technical settings and tolerances used by metal and explosive detectors used at airports.

The document included information on the frequency with which checked bags are to be hand screened for explosives, the names of 12 countries whose citizens are automatically sent to secondary screening and a list of items for which screening is not always required. Also included were images of sample credentials used by members of Congress and the CIA which the TSA said could be easily imitated. Each page of the manual carries the admonition:"NO PART OF THIS RECORD MAY BE DISCLOSED TO PERSONS WITHOUT A 'NEED TO KNOW.'
Intentional.

Intentional.

Exactly.

You are scanning 93 pages. Let's contemplate doing this 93 times shall we? 93 pages with NO PART OF THIS RECORD MAY BE DISCLOSED TO PERSONS WITHOUT A 'NEED TO KNOW.' on the bottom of EVERY page ( did I mention there are 93 pages?).

NEVER occurs to you to check on where you are supposed to put this? Somebody needs a trip to Guantanamo.

I don't want to hear them piss and moan about this shit.

Last month, my wife flew from Albuquerque to Burbank. They confiscated her hand lotion, ran her purse through the machine two or three times, then let her go to the gate and board her plane.

In the bottom of her purse the entire time? Something that closely resembles this:

CRM16-13T_xlarge_3909_large_260.jpg

She had forgotten it was there. I had given it to her when she drove out to NM ahead of me.

There are no secrets. Truth is, any that attack our country have a right to, we deserve it, Obama has made that more than clear, though pleaded that they don't. Can't blame them for ignoring him, the whore of a whore people.

Intentional.

No. It wasn't intentional.... and the people who work for the TSA are none too happy about it.

But keep making stuff up.

If it was my operation, I'd have found the person responsible for puting it online by now and held a press conference noting such action. That person would be in jail awaiting a bail hearing. Placing 93 pages of an identifable secure document online is intentional.

Where is that lame President running out and telling us, "don't jump to conclusions"?

Last edited:
As I recall, from what I saw on the news this morning, the pages had been electronically redacted. The problem was, someone was able to un-redact (is that a word?) them with a program. The reporter indicated that, had they used a Sharpie or similar felt marker, none of us would be talking about it now.

Ahh, technology. It will be the downfall of civilization.

Better order my 800 series today...

Intentional.

No. It wasn't intentional.... and the people who work for the TSA are none too happy about it.

But keep making stuff up.

If it was my operation, I'd have found the person responsible for putting it online by now and held a press conference noting such action. That person would be in jail awaiting a bail hearing. Placing 93 pages of an identifable secure document online is intentional.

Homeland security didn't find it online. A blogger did.. As reported on Fox News! :lol::lol::lol: Has anbyody been prosecuted or held accountable for taking pictures of CIA agents and then passing them to the terrorists in Guantanamo? Thought not!

If it was my operation, I'd have found the person responsible for puting it online by now and held a press conference noting such action. That person would be in jail awaiting a bail hearing. Placing 93 pages of an identifable secure document online is intentional.

Where is that lame President running out and telling us, "don't jump to conclusions"?

Well, luckily it isn't your operation. I can tell you taht no one at TSA is happy about it. I also have no doubt they aren't going to be talking about it a lot. It wasn't intentional and it had nothing whatsover to do with President Obama, so you loons need to rein it in a bit.

Well, luckily it isn't your operation. I can tell you taht no one at TSA is happy about it. I also have no doubt they aren't going to be talking about it a lot. It wasn't intentional and it had nothing whatsover to do with President Obama, so you loons need to rein it in a bit.

So you interviewed EVERYONE at TSA today?

Forum List

Back