TSA Scans

[And whats funny is these same idiot liberals defending this shit were screaming at the top of their lungs about Booooosh violating our privacy rights by allowing the government listen in on international phone conversations with overseas terrorists.

no. what's funnier is you rightwingnut freaks who said it was ok for government to read your emails and listen to your phone calls are suddenly up in arms because they actually ARE doing something for security.

what's the matter, it's about your sacred bodies, so suddenly you are all upset?

hypocrites.

So your only defense of being groped is that someone else read your emails first?

The "security" measures the TSA uses are a joke. They will not catch a real terrorist but a lot of pervs will get to legally sexually assault a lot of folks in teh interest of "safety". If the government actually wanted to halt terrorism they would adopt the methods that El Al uses to screen the passengers on its aircraft. The screeners are extremely well trained, and they take their duty very seriously, and this is borne out by the fact that since the new methods were introduced (over 20 years ago) there has been no terrorist takeover of an El Al flight. Not even close.

Our government on the other hand chooses to make a "show" about security. There is nothing behind the facade of the TSA. Form over substance and it works because most people are completely clueless. I have many friends in the aviation world and their pet interpretation of the TSA is "Thousands Standing Around".

The vast majority are poorly trained, ignorant, poorly educated in the first place but because they were pretty much unemployable anywhere else have an enormous chip on their shoulder so they are petty tyrants wherever you encounter them. I fly way too much and have to deal with the twerps all of the time.

Whenever possible I fly El Al because they have bar none the best security anywhere they fly. The main thing you'll notice about the screeners is they actually LOOK at you, they look you in the eye's and if there is even the slightest waver they will do a thorough check.
But, and it's a very big but, they allways do it with respect and care for the individual, unlike the TSA personnel.

I can count on the fingers of both hands the number of good TSA people I've dealt with. The bad ones? Dozens and dozens.

You're falling into the same trap that many others who are defending these practices have fallen into. You're presenting a false dichotomy, that either we have to submit to naked scans and our crotches being grabbed, or our plane will blow up. That is hardly the reality.

when was the last time you flew?

because i can assure you no one is grabbing your crotch, no matter how much some might want them to.

this is just nonsense.. fauxrage because a certain segment of the population wants them to engage in profiling.

if they were saying this was going to be done to just muslims, the rightwingnut freaks (not saying you, btw... but you see the nutters on this thread) would be all happy.

Allow the airlines to provide their own security. Problem solved.

so this comes down to your usual i hate government stuff?

thanks, but no thanks. the privatization BS didn't work so well with Blackwater or Haliburton.

stop being an idealogue.

Did government stop the underwear bomber or did a passenger intercede? The shoe bomber? Did government stop the Times Square bomber, or did New York get lucky because the asshole fail to keep the fuse lit?

you aren't smart enough to know what government did or didn't do in any of those instances.

thanks for playing trollboy.

[And whats funny is these same idiot liberals defending this shit were screaming at the top of their lungs about Booooosh violating our privacy rights by allowing the government listen in on international phone conversations with overseas terrorists.

no. what's funnier is you rightwingnut freaks who said it was ok for government to read your emails and listen to your phone calls are suddenly up in arms because they actually ARE doing something for security.

what's the matter, it's about your sacred bodies, so suddenly you are all upset?

hypocrites.

So your only defense of being groped is that someone else read your emails first?

stop trolling little boy. you aren't smart enough to discuss anything.

hypocrites.

What about those of us with a consistent position?

i simply disagree with you. i do think you're putting ideology before pragmatism and overreacting to this.

that's particularly true given that you've already acknowledged that you want security privatized.

Last edited:

hypocrites.

LOL you are such a joke jillian. The difference between the two is that one is the surveillance of communications of suspected terrorists, not everyone. And the other is intrusion of completely innocent masses.

How many terrorists have been found through communications surveillance I couldn't tell you, but I can tell you the TSA has not found ONE terrorists through their methods. LOL

hypocrites.

What about those of us with a consistent position?

i simply disagree with you. i do think you're putting ideology before pragmatism and overreacting to this.

Do you deny that you have an ideology?

hypocrites.

stop trolling little boy. you aren't smart enough to discuss anything.

Who knew x-rays were SEXUAL..... :eusa_eh:

You're falling into the same trap that many others who are defending these practices have fallen into. You're presenting a false dichotomy, that either we have to submit to naked scans and our crotches being grabbed, or our plane will blow up. That is hardly the reality.

because i can assure you no one is grabbing your crotch, no matter how much some might want them to.
this is just nonsense.. fauxrage because a certain segment of the population wants them to engage in profiling.

if they were saying this was going to be done to just muslims, the rightwingnut freaks (not saying you, btw... but you see the nutters on this thread) would be all happy.

LOL, wow what arrogance. You can "assure" us? Have you flown in the last week since they implemented the new "techniques"?

I HAVE, and as I said before, its is not a simple "pat down". It IS groping, and NO you DONT always get a choice.

LOL, wow what arrogance. You can "assure" us? Have you flown in the last week since they implemented the new "techniques"?

I HAVE, and as I said before, its is not a simple "pat down". It IS groping, and NO you DONT always get a choice.

'grabbing your crotch' implies a sexuality.

and i don't believe you.

and you absolutely have a choice about being touched... walk through the scanner.

or are you whining on principle?

Do you deny that you have an ideology?

depends on the issue. about this? i tend toward pragmatism. i also know what the scans look like, and don't think they look like much.

My problem with that claim is that we all think we're being pragmatic. The problem is that we all have our own ideologies, and it's those ideologies that color our ideas. You're an ideologue as much as I am. Everyone's an ideologue or none of us would have an opinion.

and i don't believe you.

and you absolutely have a choice about being touched... walk through the scanner.

LOL. thats your arguement now? You don't believe me? Next time you fly, OPT for the grope down, then come back here and defend it.

As I stated before, when I fly this last monday I had no choice. I went through the x-ray machine, and then was told to stand on the pat down mat and was patted down.

Since you seem to be a self appointed spokesperson for the TSA, please explain how that happened.

and i don't believe you.

Being groped and jabbed is not a serious choice as opposed to being pictured naked and radiated.

I flew to Minnesota just a few weeks ago. I fly about a dozen or so times a year for work. The crotch grabbing is absolutely taking place. That was a policy recently implemented just within the last month. No, it doesn't happen to every person who walks through, but if you get randomly selected to be patted down it is happening now and if you refuse the naked body scanner, it is your alternative, or you get thrown out of the airport and threatened by the government.

I usually fly back to Boston every year on Christmas, but I haven't bought my ticket yet this year because I am seriously contemplating whether or not I am going to now with all of this new bullshit going on. Flying these days is inconvenient as it is with all the airport traffic, the past security measures (removing shoes, no bottled water, etc. even though I can tolerate that stuff) and being jammed into a seat with barely enough room. I'm not fat, but I'm not exactly a skinny guy either and I feel like a sardine every time I get on a plane. Unless I get one of those huge jets, which isn't typical unless I'm flying across country, the bathrooms are so damn small on the plane I can't even stand up to pee. We pay a lot of money to fly and we're treated like absolute shit by the airlines and now throw in these abusive searches of our person by the government. I've just had enough of it. Telling people "if you don't like it don't fly" is unreasonable. Some people don't have a choice and driving three days in a car to California usually isn't an optimal alternative.

Like I've pointed out in other threads, these tactics are not necessary to keep us safe. Other nations are doing a better job without doing any of this.

Forum List

Back