TSA pranks student at checkpoint

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
TSA worker pranks student in Philadelphia airport by hiding white powder in baggie | APP.com | Asbury Park Press

PHILADELPHIA — A college student returning to school after the winter break fell victim to a prank at Philadelphia's airport by a Transportation Security Administration worker who pretended to plant a plastic bag of white powder in her carryon luggage.

Rebecca Solomon, 22, a University of Michigan student, wrote in a column for her campus newspaper that she was having her bags screened on Jan. 5 before her flight to Detroit when the employee stopped her, reached into her laptop computer bag and pulled out the plastic bag, demanding to know where she had gotten the powder.

In the Jan. 10 column for The Michigan Daily, she recounted how she struggled to come up with an explanation, wondering if it was bomb-detonating material slipped in by a terrorist or drugs put there by a smuggler.

"He let me stutter through an explanation for the longest minute of my life," Solomon wrote. "Tears streamed down my face as I pleaded with him to understand that I'd never seen this baggie before."
A short time later, she said, the worker smiled and said it was his.
The worker "waved the baggie at me and told me he was kidding, that I should've seen the look on my face," she said.

That'd be a firin'.

...and then an ass-kicking.
I think its funny. It sure beats the pricks that you usually have to deal with when flying. Good to know at least one has a sense of humor. The last time I flew, some fat black lady that thought she was god stood there like a big toad barking orders to the same people that was paying her fat ass. I felt like I was back in boot camp. I told my wife that the fat pig needed to shut her trap and watch how she talked to people. Me and her supervisor ended up having a chat before I boarded. Seems she wasn't so tough when someone stood up to her ghetto attitude. You know the type that works at Hartsfield since you live in Atlanta.

That'd be a firin'.

I think its funny. It sure beats the pricks that you usually have to deal with when flying. Good to know at least one has a sense of humor. The last time I flew, some fat black lady that thought she was god stood there like a big toad barking orders to the same people that was paying her fat ass. I felt like I was back in boot camp. I told my wife that the fat pig needed to shut her trap and watch how she talked to people. Me and her supervisor ended up having a chat before I boarded. Seems she wasn't so tough when someone stood up to her ghetto attitude. You know the type that works at Hartsfield since you live in Atlanta.

No, it's not funny if yer the one it happens to.

There's a line in the sand when it comes to humor. That one passed way over it.

He shoulda had the passenger in on the joke, and watched the reactions of the rest of the crowd. Probably would have still gotten in trouble, but it wouldn't cross that line.

Hes a gonner and will hopefully try something different next time he wants to flirt with a young woman

That'd be a firin'.

He shoulda had the passenger in on the joke, and watched the reactions of the rest of the crowd. Probably would have still gotten in trouble, but it wouldn't cross that line.

At the time I would be worried but afterwards I would find it funny and laugh. Some people have a sense of humor and not scared to use it.

At the time I would be worried but afterwards I would find it funny and laugh. Some people have a sense of humor and not scared to use it.

The TSA makes it clear that these inspections are no joke. They do not tolerate passengers making jokes and any references to bombs will get you arrested.

TSA spokeswoman Suzanne Trevino said late Saturday that the employee was no longer with the agency but did not say whether he had been fired or quit, referring only to "disciplinary action" taken by the TSA.
If the TSA were unionized this guy would most likely still have a job

That'd be a firin'.

Here is a thought, no jokes from the TSA.

This person.....so fired. (I hope). Maybe the girl will be there to comment to him on how his face looks when he gets the news.

If you make a joke about a bomb, you will go to jail. Why cant the airport have a sense of humor as well...?

He probably still does have a job, just at another agency.

Maybe they promoted him to the BATF or DEA.
Well thats good to hear~

New data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) show that a majority of American union members now work for the government. The pattern of unions adding members in government while losing members in the private sector accelerated during the recession. The typical union member now works in the Post Office, not on the assembly line.

Representing government employees has changed the union movement's priorities: Unions now campaign for higher taxes on Americans to fund more government spending. Congress should resist government employee unions' self-interested calls to raise taxes on workers in the private sector.
Majority of Union Members Now Work for the Government - WSJ.com

That'd be a firin'.

That isn't funny, not when a real authority is involved. Actually not when anyone is doing that in an airport. The woman should have reported that TSA guard to his superiors for that security breach, and yes that did amount to a security breach.

BTW, the way it sounds, you probably did the right thing reporting that idiot as well, and for the same reasons the woman in Detroit should have reported that guard. They should be respectful not only of your person as well as your belongings.

Had it been me I'd have made a ruckus right there, at the top of my lungs. I'd have demanded to speak to his boss and would have been a complete bitch about it and his ass would have been toast. Nothing funny about this.

Forum List

Back