TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine

I don't understand if this guy was so mortified, why was he on the news this morning with his bag and belly exposed? Again with a big smile.

Why do rape victims go on TV, or to trial? Because it helps people when they face their fears and overcome them? because it might prevent further abuse? Because there is a difference between talking about a medical device, and even showing it to others, and being covered in your own urine and having to board an airplane without being able to change?

That is the stupidest argument that this is justified that I have ever heard, yet it has been repeated so often that the only thing I can think of is that people will grasp at the flimsiest straws to justify their belief that the government is right.

:cuckoo:

Airport body-scanner manufacturers armed for K Street battle - TheHill.com

Companies manufacturing the airport body scanners at the center of a national controversy are well-armed on K Street to battle legislative restrictions on their technologies.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has received more than 600 complaints about the Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) pat-downs and scanners, which were deemed “a virtual strip search” by Laura W. Murphy, the director of the group’s Washington legislative office.

“People are concerned about the radiation, the abuse and the lack of training,” said Murphy, who wants Congress to “engage in aggressive oversight.”

The ACLU is supporting legislation proposed in April 2009 by Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) that would limit the use of the body scanners while banning storage of images they take. Murphy said the ACLU is also considering litigation against the new screening procedures.

Lobbyists for the body-scanner companies are also keeping an eye on a bill introduced last week by Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) that could stop the new screening procedures.

Companies like L-3 Communications, the defense contractor, are providing several of the scanners under a nearly $165 million TSA contract won earlier this year, are well-prepared for the fight.

The creator of these machines was just hangin with the Prez on Air Force One. So do the Math. Money & Cronyism are definitely playing a part in this. :(

New Topics

Forum List

Back