TSA let loaded gun on plane

Sheldon

Apr 2, 2010
The TSA Let a Loaded Gun Get on an Airplane

Farid Seif, a Houson businessman, usually carries the weapon around for protection. He didn't realize he had kept the glock in his carry-on computer bag until he was mid-flight. Once he landed, he immediately reported the incident (and was stunned he was able to get it on board without hassle). That something like this happened should be scary in itself, but authorities tell ABC News says that that sort of incident isn't exactly uncommon:

Experts say every year since the September 11 attacks, federal agencies have conducted random, covert tests of airport security.
A person briefed on the latest tests tells ABC News the failure rate approaches 70 percent at some major airports. Two weeks ago, TSA's new director said every test gun, bomb part or knife got past screeners at some airports.​

Oops. :eusa_shhh:

thgun.gif

Stupid is as Stupid does....this shit is stupid. Feeling up old women, children, and cripples is making us all so SAFE, right? Yet another pathetic display of government incompetence. It is time to do away with this nonsense.

Just another reason I no longer fly.

While in the service I flew over a 100,000 miles on inspection tours of communication installations, and though I found flying, and airports very restrictive, what we have now in
the United States is criminal.

My heart goes out to those people, that through circumstance must fly.

That whole TSA group are the dullest pencils in the box.:cuckoo:

Stupid is as Stupid does....this shit is stupid. Feeling up old women, children, and cripples is making us all so SAFE, right? Yet another pathetic display of government incompetence. It is time to do away with this nonsense.
I think you're right.

Our naional obsession with political correctness precludes discretion on the part of the examiners, forcing them to perform in a rote manner which tends to numb judgment and cancel selective initiative. They become virtually hypnotized from doing the same thing with every individual regardless of any specific indications or signals.

Forum List

Back