TSA harasses 9 year old boy at train station

I have never heard of TSA at a train station nor have I heard of people being checked after coming off of a plane or a train. That being the case I am reluctant to 100% believe that is what is taking place here without further confirmation.

The only reason you have not heard of the TSA at train and bus stations is you are not paying attention.

TSA Holds Security Checks At Orlando Train Station - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

On Wednesday, TSA agents confiscated a box cuter a plumber had in his tool kit. Authorities said they have done 12 security checks at train and bus stations in the last six months in central Florida.

A box cutter??? Thank God for the TSA! It could have been a massacre!!

A box cutter is what was used to take over flight 93 on 9-11.

You really believe that a couple of box cutters subdued 90 passengers on an airplane? There is absolutely no logic in that at all. The passengers didn't retaliate because the hijackers told them they would blow up the plane. Todd Beamer's conversation from Flight 93 documents that and the folks on 93 revolted once they were fairly certain that the bomb threat was bullshit. That is what kept them at bay. They weren't afraid of a box cutter.

Firstly, I saw no harassment on the clip.

Secondly, I don't understand why they are searching people getting off the train. Seems like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted to me. But... I'm open to hear a sensible explanation from anyone who actually knows. Speculation is not an explanation.

Thirdly, we need to balance our need to protect our citizens with the ability to go about our lawful business without undue interference from Government, or anyone else.

And.... as an afterthought..... didn't Obama say something about not having security checks for traveling by train? In his SOTU address? So, if we don't need TSA checks with high speed trains, how come we need it now?

I watched the vid. Didn't look like "harassment" to me.
That's because you are a fucking brainwashed idiot that should NEVER be allowed within a mile of a voting booth. Asssholes like you ( and murka is loaded with you ) is why I knew it was hopeless and got the hell out.

What causes this emotional attachment to government that makes people so defensive of everything they do?

I don't care if the way to describe is harassment or not, the mere searching of a 9 year old AFTER the trip is over is disgusting enough.

"A terrorist could hide a bomb in the diaper of a baby", the day we hear that quote from our wonderful bureacrats as justification isn't far away.

Firstly, I saw no harassment on the clip.

Secondly, I don't understand why they are searching people getting off the train. Seems like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted to me. But... I'm open to hear a sensible explanation from anyone who actually knows. Speculation is not an explanation.

Thirdly, we need to balance our need to protect our citizens with the ability to go about our lawful business without undue interference from Government, or anyone else.

And.... as an afterthought..... didn't Obama say something about not having security checks for traveling by train? In his SOTU address? So, if we don't need TSA checks with high speed trains, how come we need it now?

Applying your authority as a government employee to detain a citizen with absolutely no reason is deemed as harrassment.

The TSA has absolutely no reason to ever search a passanger AFTER they travel. If there was concern that a passanger had a weapon on them during the trip, it would become a local law enforcement issue and the passenger(s) would have been searched ON the train before disembarking. If it were an interstate trip, the FBI would have searched the passanger(s) ON the train before disembarking.

Furthermore, if it was just a "hunch" by the TSA employee that someone had a weapon as they were leaving the station, it would be considered MORE dangerous to put that person in a position to "be caught" and possibly use the weapon AT the depot before being searched.

All of this being said, I see it as harrassment. It is an example of a TSA employee searching passangers for no other reason other than having the right to search passangers.

What causes this emotional attachment to government that makes people so defensive of everything they do?

I don't care if the way to describe is harassment or not, the mere searching of a 9 year old AFTER the trip is over is disgusting enough.

"A terrorist could hide a bomb in the diaper of a baby", the day we hear that quote from our wonderful bureacrats as justification isn't far away.

The more our children are exposed to "government searches" the more likely it will be deemed a way of life for them...and as generations pass, government will be able to flex its muscles AND control the people with continually decreasing civil resistance..

Yes, I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory....but it is definitely something that should be considered.

You really believe that a couple of box cutters subdued 90 passengers on an airplane? There is absolutely no logic in that at all. The passengers didn't retaliate because the hijackers told them they would blow up the plane. Todd Beamer's conversation from Flight 93 documents that and the folks on 93 revolted once they were fairly certain that the bomb threat was bullshit. That is what kept them at bay. They weren't afraid of a box cutter.

What are you talking about?

A bomb...or threat of one..... was used to kepp the 90 passangers at bay...yes...
But it was a box cutter that killed the pilots giving cvontrol of the plane to the hijackers.

Why are you so ready to question my logic? Why are you so ready to argue?

TSA agents...in the US.
What else matters?
uh...the truth?

So the name of the depot will certify it as true?
The problem I have with this (aside from the fact that Windbag has posted TSA stories that turned out to be not true in the past) is that there is no evidence to support the claim that this happened after disembarking from the train.

If you have evidence to the contrary, please present it.

uh...the truth?

The problem I have with this (aside from the fact that Windbag has posted TSA stories that turned out to be not true in the past) is that there is no evidence to support the claim that this happened after disembarking from the train.

I understand your point.
No. I have no additional evidence...although I can hear the voices in the background talking about how they all just got "off" the train...

But I am quite aware that such could have been dubbed in....

So that being said...please insert "if this is accurate as presented" before all of my comments in this thread.

The more our children are exposed to "government searches" the more likely it will be deemed a way of life for them...and as generations pass, government will be able to flex its muscles AND control the people with continually decreasing civil resistance..

Yes, I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory....but it is definitely something that should be considered.

No I agree completely, government does a beautiful job of knowing how much to increase budgets on an annual basis and grow government in other areas just enough to keep us from freaking out. We more or less just get annoyed and they're fine with that.

Out of control is the only way to describe our "security" precautions, welfare budgets, social security budgets, military budgets and on and on and on. 40-45% of money earned by people and corporations goes back to government in one form or another and we (me included in we) really just sit back and direct our anger at the people who vote for the other party rather than at government in total.

No I agree completely, government does a beautiful job of knowing how much to increase budgets on an annual basis and grow government in other areas just enough to keep us from freaking out. We more or less just get annoyed and they're fine with that.

Out of control is the only way to describe our "security" precautions, welfare budgets, social security budgets, military budgets and on and on and on. 40-45% of money earned by people and corporations goes back to government in one form or another and we (me included in we) really just sit back and direct our anger at the people who vote for the other party rather than at government in total.

Ahhh...The line in bold. That is something I have said numerous times in this forum.
THey have the people fighting each other as opposed to fighting government.

Look at what goes on. We are all hypoocrites...arguing with each oither how the other side does exactly what our own side has done...and it is back and forth....

And government continues to do what we all deem as not right for us......as we continually say "your guy did the same thing so stop your whining"...

Didn't they kill the pilots with box cutters?

The truth is no one knows what they used, or how they took over the planes. The box cutter myth got started somehow, and is now used as a justification to harass passengers. The government wants to thank you for your willingness to buy into the myth, and help spread the lies.

uh...the truth?

None?

They talked about it in the video, and not one person spoke up and asked what they meant. That might not be conclusive, but it is certainly evidence.

After he and his family get off the train.

The only bad thing on our trip was TSA was at the Savannah train station. There were about 14 agents pulling people inside the building and coralling everyone in a roped area AFTER you got OFF THE TRAIN! This made no sense!!! Poor family in front of us! 9 year old getting patted down and wanded. They groped our people too and were very unprofessional. I am all about security, but when have you ever been harassed and felt up getting OFF a plane? Shouldnt they be doing that getting ON??? And they wonder why so many people are mad at them.

Anyone want to bet on how long it takes Jillian to pop in and call me stupid?

I seem to remember a tried and failed jokeing comment in the state of the union address....about searches on bullet trains. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back