TSA check point Charlie on Tennessee highways

Various police departments across the state, including large departments such as those in cities like Knoxville, Chattanooga, Nashville and Memphis were involved in the checks at the weigh stations.

From one of the linked source articles.

Feds, state check trucks: Closer scrutiny involved weigh stations across state | The Jackson Sun | jacksonsun.com

Yes it boggles the mind how a red state like TN would voluntarially partner with federal officials to do this.
Could it be for federal tax money they got to do it? Pork?
It further boggles the mind on how Obama would be blamed for this.
Of course he is keeping us safe with the TSA that the Bush administration founded and championed?

It boggles my mind that since obama is president and this is done on his watch you somehow think it George bushes fault for obama allowing this to happen.. It also boggles my mind how you would try to put a color code of red or blue, this is gray no matter what state it's happening in.
Tennessee is the state doing this. It is their call.

Somehow I doubt this would upset you if they were looking for illegal immigrants.

Various police departments across the state, including large departments such as those in cities like Knoxville, Chattanooga, Nashville and Memphis were involved in the checks at the weigh stations.

From one of the linked source articles.

Feds, state check trucks: Closer scrutiny involved weigh stations across state | The Jackson Sun | jacksonsun.com

Yes it boggles the mind how a red state like TN would voluntarially partner with federal officials to do this.
Could it be for federal tax money they got to do it? Pork?
It further boggles the mind on how Obama would be blamed for this.
Of course he is keeping us safe with the TSA that the Bush administration founded and championed?

It boggles my mind that since obama is president and this is done on his watch you somehow think it George bushes fault for obama allowing this to happen.. It also boggles my mind how you would try to put a color code of red or blue, this is gray no matter what state it's happening in.

Somehow I doubt this would upset you if they were looking for illegal immigrants.

Somehow I see you don't see you the unconstitutional act the federal government is doing here. And before you say anything, yes it's unconstitutional about the fifth or sixth post back take a look

Court Rules D.C. Checkpoints Are Unconstitutional

The following press release was just sent out explaining the details and political importance of the checkpoints case:

In an unanimous and strongly worded ruling, a three judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit has declared the District of Columbia’s so-called Neighborhood Safety Zone checkpoint program to be unconstitutional, reversing a lower court ruling in favor of the municipality.

Last edited:
I wonder why you're so upset, could it be you engage in some illegal activity and worry LE will upset your little activity. What is it you do for a living ...

oh right, to want my rights protected and equates to I am doing something illegal. It's about the constitutional process or didn't you know that?

Some people just don't get that the moment any American loses their rights-we all do. I normally don't agree with you BigReb. But this is absolutely unconstitutional, and anybody who doesn't think so is crazy.

you're right it is and same type searched have been ruled unconstitutional.

Somehow I see you don't see you the unconstitutional act the federal government is doing here. And before you say anything, yes it's unconstitutional about the fifth or sixth post back take a look

The following press release was just sent out explaining the details and political importance of the checkpoints case:

In an unanimous and strongly worded ruling, a three judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit has declared the District of Columbia’s so-called Neighborhood Safety Zone checkpoint program to be unconstitutional, reversing a lower court ruling in favor of the municipality.
They aren't checking cars. They are checking trucks which are already inspected at weigh stations and agricultural checkpoints. The case you posted has nothing to do with this.

Again, if they were looking for illegal immigrants you would be applauding them.

A neighborhood safety zone checkpoint thing is not like what TN is doing.
You need to keep your apples and oranges seperate.

I wonder why you're so upset, could it be you engage in some illegal activity and worry LE will upset your little activity. What is it you do for a living ...

oh right, to want my rights protected and equates to I am doing something illegal. It's about the constitutional process or didn't you know that?

Some people just don't get that the moment any American loses their rights-we all do. I normally don't agree with you BigReb. But this is absolutely unconstitutional, and anybody who doesn't think so is crazy.

I agree that the patriot act is a bad thing and have always been against it. I suspect Bigreb was for it when it first came out, most on the right were.

My point in all this has been to point out that this is not Obama who did this and in fact it was instituted by a totally republican controlled state.

I knew all along that the patriot act was one more step in the direction of a police state.
But during the last administration I was called unamerican and such by the right for saying so.
Damned frightened sheeple, whose bleat was "keeeeep us safe".

Why do you think it was called the partiot act? Who could vote against that and survive politically?

Last edited:
"Allowed it to happen"?

What happened to State's Rights? Why shouldn't the State of Tennessee have the right to treat it's citizens as inmates, if that's what their government decided?
How is this a states right issue? This is an intursion of the federal government.

It's not called "intrusion" when you're "invited". This isn't a federal program, it's a state program.

I dont think the people invited all this security to harress them and demand papers. When they start sending people to labor camps are we gonna debate wether or not tennessee has the right to do that aswell?

bigrebnc1775 said:
Why is obama doing this? It took him forever to decide to send 1500 guardsman to Arizona, but he feels the need to put TSA on the highways doing check points.
Because when your as evil and corrupt as the US govt is,YOU ASSUME OTHERS ARE DOING THE SAME AND WANT TO MONITOR THEM CLOSELY!!

Obama needs to hurry up with his "civilian defense force as strong as the military" so he can take control and get this shit in check.

yes the one who is in charge the president.Didn't obama say he was going to repeal the patriot act?

Didn't the 42 TP caucus members who voted to keep and expand it also say that?
Do you really think that the TN govt did not sign off on this?
Isn't it a red government down there?

You don't get it. This has nothing to do with Republican or democrat, I really don't give a shit what party they are in. Maybe one day you will see that there is no difference between republican and democrat. Both want the same thing

Crap. That is not true at all. Even were it to turn out that there was definate intel and good reason that the TSA is out there, you are going to yowl and snivel about our President. Ah well, we will just have to put up with your yowling and sniveling until 2016.

Our tax dollars should be putting troops at our borders . North and south.. Just because Canada is friendly doesnt mean terrorist wont try to get through there

Ya know, you 'Cons' had the oppertunity to do that in 2001. After 9-11, no one at all would have complained had we shut down the southern border. But nothing at all was done. It was to profitable for many businesses to let the illegals come in. And come in they did, the majority of them after 9-11.

Right now, we are deporting far more illegal than was ever done under the administration all of you supported. You crying and sniveling has a very hypocritical sound to it.

You don't get it. This has nothing to do with Republican or democrat, I really don't give a shit what party they are in. Maybe one day you will see that there is no difference between republican and democrat. Both want the same thing

Crap. That is not true at all. Even were it to turn out that there was definate intel and good reason that the TSA is out there, you are going to yowl and snivel about our President. Ah well, we will just have to put up with your yowling and sniveling until 2016.

It's ture they are doing it. As for government intell When as the government ever told the truth about it's intell? Government intel got us into IRAQ, but what the hell that was a republican then it was all bad intell, but now we have a democrat with the same people getting the intel, but it just happens to be good intell:eusa_whistle: It's just different somehow.:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Troops should be put in DC with weapons pointing in towards the government buildings not out away

Ya know, you 'Cons' had the oppertunity to do that in 2001. After 9-11, no one at all would have complained had we shut down the southern border. But nothing at all was done. It was to profitable for many businesses to let the illegals come in. And come in they did, the majority of them after 9-11.

Right now, we are deporting far more illegal than was ever done under the administration all of you supported. You crying and sniveling has a very hypocritical sound to it.

Some of us did, but now you think it's a good thing?

Troops should be put in DC with weapons pointing in towards the government buildings not out away

Jesus, put down the crack pipe you fucking asshole.

What exactly is this "news organization"? They seem to have blatantly plagiarized this story:

From the link, Tennessee News Press:

The random inspections really aren’t any more thorough normal, according to Tennessee Highway Patrol Colonel Tracy Trott who says paying attention to details can make a difference.

From one of their linked sources, News Channel 5:

The random inspections really aren't any more thorough than normal, according to Tennessee Highway Patrol Colonel Tracy Trott who says paying attention to details can make a difference. Trott pointed out it was an Oklahoma state trooper who stopped Timothy McVeigh for not having a license plate after the Oklahoma City bombing in the early 1990s.

The website seems to have lifted a sentence word for word from the news article, except for omitting "than" to make it ungrammatical.

As for the content, the program doesn't seem to be a terrifically good use of resources. It also seems to be a state initiative, not a federal one.

TSa is a federal agency. I40 is a Federal highway.
But I agree it is a shitty use of resources, as well as being problemmatic from a civil liberties viwepoint.

What also boggles the mind is how those who eagerly gave up freedoms for Bush to keep us safe now complain when it is don while a demoncrat is president.
Do we no longer need to be kept safe?

On second thought it does not boggle my mind at all, but is an entirely predictable outcome or partisan right wingers.
As a matter of fact I did predict this type of behaviour from the right when Obama became president.

^^ this

let me say, I dont agree with the TSA's actions most of the time and most of the shit the government says they need to do "to protect Americans from Terrorism"

But I fucking told so many righties to be careful what you wish for because once a done by any president, D or R, it will be done under another. Now to hear Repubs pretend they are so against this type of stuff is hilarious. They never saw it coming!

Just wait until Obama starts doing warrantless wiretapping :lol: (BTW...I dont agree with warrantless wiretapping either)

My point in all this has been to point out that this is not Obama who did this and in fact it was instituted by a totally republican controlled state.
So why hasn't Obama done away with all these "Police State" activities? You wanna' blame the TEA Party for that too?

Here's your chance to be intellectually honest.

Forum List

Back