TSA agents yelled at her, handcuffed her to a chair, ripped up her ticket...

Israel has never had a big problem with their airline security, and they don't do any of that Orwellian crap.

No they dont have a problem.

BUT Israel profiles and make no bones about it. You look like a terrorist in their book, you are getting searched in detail.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Last edited:
You people are ridiculous. A few people act badly, and a few others make wild claims and you want to dump the entire TSA? LOL

I would like to extend my personal thanks to the TSA for helping to make sure none of us have gotten killed on a plane in a very long time.

While it takes a whole 1 hour more of my life to get on a plane, I think a mature person that doesn't want to die can suck up the minor inconvienience.

9/10 thinking got ~ 3000 people killed.

In the nine years since 9-11 we haven't had another incident and we didn't have all of these evasive body scanners and newly intrusive pat downs, so why now are they suddenly needed? Bullshit. There are other ways they can stop people from blowing up an airplane, like using intelligence to profile people instead of assuming everyone getting on a plane is a terrorist and us having to prove we aren't.

People like you are the reason why our liberties continuously get eroded.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

I wonder how you would feel if she was muslim?

Its a no win.

If she was muslim then there would be the howl of profiling and the only reason she was searched was because she looked "muslim."

That being said it was muslims who caused all of this crap. I am all for profiling.

Seriously though,you Hopey Changeys did promise that your guy was going to get rid of the Patriot Act. Haven't heard much talk about that lately. What happened?

Once reality of it all hit him on day 3 he not only re-signed it, he made it even stronger.

With the blessings of all those that opposed it.

Well there ya go. Once the Hopey Changeys got all the power they sure did change their tunes huh? Instead of getting rid of the Patriot Act like they promised,they actually made it stronger. Oh how gullible the masses can be. They actually believed them.

Israel has never had a big problem with their airline security, and they don't do any of that Orwellian crap.

No they dont have a problem.

BUT Israel profiles and make no bones about it. You look like a terrorist in their book, you are getting searched in detail.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Israeli airport security doesn't profile people AFAIK. Basically the procedure is they have security officers walking around and they ask to see your passport, where you are going, and make small talk. If you act weird or say the wrong things they will escalate to more questioning and eventually searches etc.

On one hand, I bet they ask everybody that "looks like a terrorist," but they don't do that and then take coffee breaks. They ask as many people as they can. Besides... a brown guy standing in an Israeli airport isn't going to look suspicious at all.

I HATE the tsa!

They are little people with a very small bit of power over others. Just enough to fuck with you.

No. They are overworked. And underpaid. They are constantly tested on protocol and security so they can .... Maybe ... Avoid another 9/11. They work ungodly hours so you can get your red-eye from the coast or your flight to Europe. They are denied normal raises b/c they are the only federal agency without collective bargaining thanks to Jim demint the piece of garbage. But you know what? No TSO has ever mistreated me...because I smile at them, am polite and don't give them grief. Most have no interest in harassing you. They want to finish their shift-- preferably without something blowing them up.

It's kind of funny that this is your blind spot.

Oh...and I don't believe the O/P for a second.

:lol: Oh stop it with your pesky facts!

I'm sorry. I'll try to do better next time.

:redface:

Couldn't have said it better myself! :wink_2:

I went through one of those body scanners at the Philly airport on the 4th of July this past summer...No BFD.

And truth is, there's a protocol for people who decline to go through....

And it doesn't include handcuffs...except maybe in the fevered imagination of someone who wants to pretend his gf is a tso and he's been very, very naughty. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back