TSA admits they were wrong

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Remember how those scanners are perfectly safe, and how the radiation levels around them are low? It seems they are still safe, but not as safe as they used to be.

The Transportation Security Administration is re-analyzing the radiation levels of X-ray body scanners installed in airports nationwide, after testing produced dramatically higher-than-expected results. The TSA, which has deployed at least 500 body scanners to at least 78 airports, said Tuesday the machines meet all safety standards and would remain in operation despite a “calculation error” in safety studies. The flawed results showed radiation levels 10 times higher than expected.

TSA Admits Bungling of Airport Body-Scanner Radiation Tests | Threat Level | Wired.com

When I questioned my sil (she was flying frequently for work over the past 6 months) which method of searching she had performed on her at the airport, she said the scanner. I said 'why would you expose yourself to the radiation'. She said they were safe because they said so. :rolleyes: My response "Given a choice of the scanner or pat down I'd go with the pat down. I know there's no radiation in that". She just laughed at me and said no way was she letting them touch her. Too bad.

When I questioned my sil (she was flying frequently for work over the past 6 months) which method of searching she had performed on her at the airport, she said the scanner. I said 'why would you expose yourself to the radiation'. She said they were safe because they said so. :rolleyes: My response "Given a choice of the scanner or pat down I'd go with the pat down. I know there's no radiation in that". She just laughed at me and said no way was she letting them touch her. Too bad.

And well you should. Now, come here and let me pat you down...:eusa_drool:

Factor in affirmative action hiring practices, sub-standard training and sub-standard operators and mix in confusing regulations and government inspectors and you have a recipe for frequent flier leukemia.

Ooo baybee. But I have to ask . . . did you pass certification and receive your official t-shirt? Cause I have standards you know. :eusa_whistle:

tsa_pat_down_tshirt-p235947547980375800q9tu_400.jpg

Ooo baybee. But I have to ask . . . did you pass certification and receive your official t-shirt? Cause I have standards you know. :eusa_whistle:

tsa_pat_down_tshirt-p235947547980375800q9tu_400.jpg

I am certifying as we speak....:cool:

The good news is that the FFLV (frequent flier lukemia victims) can look forward to free Obama care or advice from death panels like "you should have submitted to the pat down". What a world.

Fine. Let's get rid of the scanners and pat downs. We can institute full strip searches with body cavity searches for everyone over the age of three instead.

If the TSA is going to completely and totally disarm legal self-defense proponents like myself before we board an aircraft, they darn well better be doing absolutely everything possible to ensure our security. Whether that means irradiating everyone going on the plane, violating all of their Constitutional Rights (as they violate mine by disarming me), or whatever else is necessary.

Forum List

Back