Trying to quit.

I'm trying to stop smoking at present. 30 years of Marlboro Lights is working against me.

Please be supportive and if I get pissy with you cut me some slack, OK? :eusa_pray:

Join the club. :mad: Only 25 years, tho.

Perhaps that should be wished on the unsuspecting crowd.. :badgrin:

:iagree: They'll probably need it around the 3rd. Takes 72 hours for me to reach 'obnoxious and patronizing'. Right now, I'm just a cat on a hot tin roof.

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'"
-- Jedi Master Yoda

$yoda.jpg

Yoda knew bullshit when he saw it! :lol:

I've been pondering quitting now for nearly a year. I've only tried once to quit, about 10 years ago. This time it will be 'all or forget it.' Time is coming.

i have quit several times..then i just miss it...but i quit a few months ago and i am doing fine...you just got to make up your mind to do it...plus a lot of peeps are using the pills to do it...if you cant on your own...go get the pills ...it is a powerful addiction....you are no longer using the drug...the drug is using you...

i have quit several times..then i just miss it...but i quit a few months ago and i am doing fine...you just got to make up your mind to do it...plus a lot of peeps are using the pills to do it...if you cant on your own...go get the pills ...it is a powerful addiction....you are no longer using the drug...the drug is using you...

I'm using Snus, so no prob with the nicotine thing. Just a case of trying to break the habit...

It only took me around a year of telling myself "I am not a smoker" about a hundred times a day. After that first year I was able to start telling myself less often but, to this day, whenever somebody talks about smoking or I see it in print I still have to remind meself "I am not a smoker".

dont-ever-give-up.jpg

If I can do it, anyone can!

I quit cold turkey after trying the patch and gum....then I'd go out with my friends drinking and bum a ciggy and next thing you know,,,,,

So one day I just said F-it, haven't smoked since!

Yeah, you'll be a bitch for about 2 weeks.....but it's worth it! :eusa_angel:

Just do a lot of this :eusa_pray: so you don't do this :smoke: even though you'll want to do this :banghead::eusa_wall::ack-1: while having a nic fit, just think, when it's all over you'll be this :cool: just don't get :evil: and light up and try to avoid :booze: because it will make you want to :smoke: and you don't want that!

I wish anyone who is trying to quit much luck!

Just keep telling yourself that you want to live to see your grandchildren!!

It only took me around a year of telling myself "I am not a smoker" about a hundred times a day. After that first year I was able to start telling myself less often but, to this day, whenever somebody talks about smoking or I see it in print I still have to remind meself "I am not a smoker".

dont-ever-give-up.jpg

I remember that picture. From the QuitNet! Ever been there? I quit smoking almost ten years ago.. I used a combination of some drug used mainly for depression cannot even remember the name right now. I used the drug plus the step-down patches. Three weeks on the medicine, then applied the patch and I was a non smoker. It still was very hard. For the rough patches when you feel like that cat on a hot tin roof take a nice long warm shower, it helps two ways, it calms you and it flushes nicotene from your pores. Yes, it's even clogging your pores along with your arteries. Take as many naps as you can. Day by day repeat "I choose not to smoke" "I choose not to smoke." Did I mention the QuitNet? I cannot recommend it strongly enough. Group support.

Forum List

Back