Trying to get debt-free

Middleman

Defender of the month
May 16, 2010
Northwestern United States
I've been working hard to finally finish up with any and all debt. In a year I think I'll have my house paid off.

I think we all need to work on getting out of the slavery of debt.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
debt isn't always bad. many people keep debt because they are making higher percentage on investments than the loan's interest rate. people who are in debt due to lack of self control are jackasses though. its great you are getting out, will be a great feeling.

I've been working hard to finally finish up with any and all debt. In a year I think I'll have my house paid off.

The only way I'll be debt free would be if I died.

It's not a good time to be heavily in debt. You need to be able to lay your hand on some fast cash if needed. That's why I have $18.47 in a sock under my bed. It's my emergency fund. If the emergency is bad enough, I'll use it to buy a case of beer.

Congrats! I once thought we'd never get that done. We borrowed large sums for land development projects, and finally got them all paid off with some to spare. We could pay off a 30-k mortgage, but keep it alive, preferring to be flushed with cash than totally debt free due to uncertainty with the economy.

It's not a good time to be heavily in debt. You need to be able to lay your hand on some fast cash if needed. That's why I have $18.47 in a sock under my bed. It's my emergency fund. If the emergency is bad enough, I'll use it to buy a case of beer.

You should convert that $18.47 into pennies.

Then you'd would no longer need a pistol under the bed for protection and you'd be able to sell it for cash.

You could pick something up nice for the misses...like new socks or something.

Forum List

Back