Trying out Mint 18

20342.jpg

"He dislikes Ubuntu. So now he´ll walk the plank!"
Let's put it in perspective.......
I could care less what you think of Ubuntu, Mint, Windows, OS X, et al, you posted a bunch of negative concerning Ubuntu which I countered with fact, you had no more negative you could spin without it being countered so what's your next move? Claim the messenger is biased to deflect readers from your own bias........ I know how this works, it's the norm on this board.

I just discovered something cool!! I had Steam open on my Windows gaming computer but was across the room installing Steam on my Ubuntu machine. When Steam loaded it showed all my games highlighted and the Windows only games had 'Stream' in the place where 'Install' normally is. Clicked on stream and the game loaded and played on Ubuntu........
Pretty sure I have to have Steam open on the Windows computer to make this work. :thup:

20342.jpg

I could care less what you think of Ubuntu, Mint, Windows, OS X, et al, you posted a bunch of negative concerning Ubuntu which I countered with fact, you had no more negative you could spin without it being countered so what's your next move? Claim the messenger is biased to deflect readers from your own bias........ I know how this works, it's the norm on this board.
I just found it when I actually searched for something else and I just warned the people. Just like I did with Windows 10.
Privacy: Stay away from Windows 10

But you are freaking out like an fanatic Ubuntu disciple who dropped his privacy concerns in favor of this spyware.

20342.jpg

I just found it when I actually searched for something else and I just warned the people. Just like I did with Windows 10.
Privacy: Stay away from Windows 10

But you are freaking out like an fanatic Ubuntu disciple who dropped his privacy concerns in favor of this spyware.
Typical hack..... I've waned people multiple times about Microsoft's continued and EXPANDING spying and how to block it. Not even a good deflection on your part, but you'll keep trying. Gotta practice for your day job......... :thup:

I just discovered something cool!! I had Steam open on my Windows gaming computer but was across the room installing Steam on my Ubuntu machine. When Steam loaded it showed all my games highlighted and the Windows only games had 'Stream' in the place where 'Install' normally is. Clicked on stream and the game loaded and played on Ubuntu........
Pretty sure I have to have Steam open on the Windows computer to make this work. :thup:

How does that work? The Windows machine runs the game and you get it streamed onto the Linux machine? That seems.....pointless. Why not just play on Windows?

Well, unless you have a better monitor for your Linux PC, then I can see why you'd want to do it.

How does that work? The Windows machine runs the game and you get it streamed onto the Linux machine? That seems.....pointless. Why not just play on Windows?

Well, unless you have a better monitor for your Linux PC, then I can see why you'd want to do it.
It gives me an idea, Windows Home Server. That way I can run Steam on the server and do away with Windows on my PCs. It's just a thought but I had no idea it could be done.

Hate to break into the love fest but just a report here. I installed Mint 18 over W7 on an old laptop I just got. Happy to report so far all is well. Something was effing up a dual boot so I suspect it was something in the boot table by Windows.

Forum List

Back