Try West Bank Settlers in Israeli Military Court Just Like Palestinians

Because there is no Geneva convention covering nationals of the occupying power living on land owned by them in the occupied territory. If you cant grasp that the laws must be applied as they stand, and want them to be ignored in your favour so that you can gloat over Jews getting unfairly treated then you are no better than Hitlers Gestapo

It's occupied territory. Not "owned by them". Even the Israeli high court calls it "occupied".

Of course now is the time to throw in the ignorant Hitler comparisons..oy ve!

As the OP pointed out, there is no legal reason why they should not be subject to the same legal structure as the Palestinians - the real reason they aren't is political, not legal. They'd have a shit fit if their citizens were treated the way they treat the Palestinian children.

have you not kept up with the posts on here that show that Jews owned most of Jerusalem and the west bank. In 1949 the land was forcibly taken from the Jews and they were evicted from the west bank, Jordan then passed a law taking the Jewish land as arab and banning the Jews from ever getting it back, Then in 1967 the Israelis took back the land and occupied land annexed by Jordan. You know that RIGHT OF RETURN that you pro palli's keep banging on about well that is how it is executed.
Actually the law is very clear once you learn to read it properly. Because the Jews are Israeli citizens the military law does not apply to them as they are not seen as occupied people, so they come under Jewish civil and criminal law.

They do have a fit and it ends up as episodes like Operation cast lead et al. You would think the Palestinians would have learnt their lesson by now and stopped targeting Israeli children. Imagine the bloodbath if the Palestinians ever do explode HE under an Israeli school, not even you would dare to oppose the Israelis actions that day

Occupied Territory is under occupation. Therefore the so called "settlers" should be under the same justice system as the palestinians. They may be "Israeli citizens" but they are not living in Israeli territory.

Of course the real reason they aren't under the same law is that if their children were treated the way Palestinian children are the political fall out would be tremendous. Clearly, you don't seem to have a problem this.

From the OP:
Nowhere in the Israeli security legislation for the territories is it stated that the laws apply only to Arab residents of the territories and not to Jews or to Israeli citizens. The policy, as is well known, is to arrest and try settlers in the civilian courts on the other side of the Green Line. This policy can be changed without any need for legislation.

NOPE read the Geneva conventions it is all in there. all 5 of them as well not just Geneva 4.

They are Israeli citizens living on Israeli national land so the Geneva convention for occupied persons does not apply to them.

No I don't and I see the same treatment of children in the UK all the time. They are arrested and taken to the cells, their parents are dragged out of the Pub or Club to deal with the little brats and then the parents kick seven cans of shit out of them for disturbing their drinking/drug taking. Who is to blame for the childrens actions ?

It is a false statement as the Geneva conventions spells them out. The occupying power MUST implement law and order in line with the customary laws in place of the nation that has its land under occupation. They also state the rules applying to occupation powers citizens living in occupied territories. So try reading them and stop trying to change the LAWS to suit your pro Palestinian POV.

Then show me exactly where in the Geneva conventions it says what you claim. I am not about to read through the entire thing. I've managed to provide exact sources and quotes, don't understand why you can't.

The Israeli high court does not consider it Israeli national land: Status of territories captured by Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because it is against board rules to cut and paste full reports, and doing so would result in a ban. So I lead you to the source so you can read them for yourselves. But Roccor has posted the relevant sections time and time again

It's occupied territory. Not "owned by them". Even the Israeli high court calls it "occupied".

Of course now is the time to throw in the ignorant Hitler comparisons..oy ve!

As the OP pointed out, there is no legal reason why they should not be subject to the same legal structure as the Palestinians - the real reason they aren't is political, not legal. They'd have a shit fit if their citizens were treated the way they treat the Palestinian children.

have you not kept up with the posts on here that show that Jews owned most of Jerusalem and the west bank. In 1949 the land was forcibly taken from the Jews and they were evicted from the west bank, Jordan then passed a law taking the Jewish land as arab and banning the Jews from ever getting it back, Then in 1967 the Israelis took back the land and occupied land annexed by Jordan. You know that RIGHT OF RETURN that you pro palli's keep banging on about well that is how it is executed.
Actually the law is very clear once you learn to read it properly. Because the Jews are Israeli citizens the military law does not apply to them as they are not seen as occupied people, so they come under Jewish civil and criminal law.

They do have a fit and it ends up as episodes like Operation cast lead et al. You would think the Palestinians would have learnt their lesson by now and stopped targeting Israeli children. Imagine the bloodbath if the Palestinians ever do explode HE under an Israeli school, not even you would dare to oppose the Israelis actions that day

Occupied Territory is under occupation. Therefore the so called "settlers" should be under the same justice system as the palestinians. They may be "Israeli citizens" but they are not living in Israeli territory.

Of course the real reason they aren't under the same law is that if their children were treated the way Palestinian children are the political fall out would be tremendous. Clearly, you don't seem to have a problem this.

From the OP:
Nowhere in the Israeli security legislation for the territories is it stated that the laws apply only to Arab residents of the territories and not to Jews or to Israeli citizens. The policy, as is well known, is to arrest and try settlers in the civilian courts on the other side of the Green Line. This policy can be changed without any need for legislation.

NOPE read the Geneva conventions it is all in there. all 5 of them as well not just Geneva 4.

They are Israeli citizens living on Israeli national land so the Geneva convention for occupied persons does not apply to them.

No I don't and I see the same treatment of children in the UK all the time. They are arrested and taken to the cells, their parents are dragged out of the Pub or Club to deal with the little brats and then the parents kick seven cans of shit out of them for disturbing their drinking/drug taking. Who is to blame for the childrens actions ?

It is a false statement as the Geneva conventions spells them out. The occupying power MUST implement law and order in line with the customary laws in place of the nation that has its land under occupation. They also state the rules applying to occupation powers citizens living in occupied territories. So try reading them and stop trying to change the LAWS to suit your pro Palestinian POV.

Then show me exactly where in the Geneva conventions it says what you claim. I am not about to read through the entire thing. I've managed to provide exact sources and quotes, don't understand why you can't.

The Israeli high court does not consider it Israeli national land: Status of territories captured by Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because it is against board rules to cut and paste full reports, and doing so would result in a ban. So I lead you to the source so you can read them for yourselves. But Roccor has posted the relevant sections time and time again

Geez don't be so thick! Post the relevant sections that specifically allows Israel to abuse children and that exempt Israeli settler children from having to follow the same justice system. I don't want to read through the whole damn thing to find what you claim might or might not be there.

From the OP:

Geez don't be so thick! Post the relevant sections that specifically allows Israel to abuse children and that exempt Israeli settler children from having to follow the same justice system. I don't want to read through the whole damn thing to find what you claim might or might not be there.

Yet you expect others to have to do that because you are too lazy to do it yourself. As I said before the articles need to be cross referenced and seen as a whole. Roccor has posted the relevant sections on here in the recent past, as has Monte so look at their posts. But basically the Geneva convention says that nationals of the occupying power are not covered by the conventions and are not protected persons so the Geneva conventions do not apply to their case while living inside the occupied territory. In fact they have to take measures themselves to safeguard their lives and safety up to and including armed aggression. The law of the occupied territory does not apply to them at all so how can parts of it be expected to be used and not the rest. That is discriminatory and racist in the extreme, or is that what you want to see happen in the Jews case ?

From the OP:

Yet you expect others to have to do that because you are too lazy to do it yourself. As I said before the articles need to be cross referenced and seen as a whole. Roccor has posted the relevant sections on here in the recent past, as has Monte so look at their posts. But basically the Geneva convention says that nationals of the occupying power are not covered by the conventions and are not protected persons so the Geneva conventions do not apply to their case while living inside the occupied territory. In fact they have to take measures themselves to safeguard their lives and safety up to and including armed aggression. The law of the occupied territory does not apply to them at all so how can parts of it be expected to be used and not the rest. That is discriminatory and racist in the extreme, or is that what you want to see happen in the Jews case ?

I expect the person MAKING the claim to support it, and not by saying - here, look at hundreds of pages on this link and find it. Rocco supports his claims. You're trying to piggy back on his work rather than do your own research. What relevant sections allow Israel to abuse children held in incarceration, particularly since it is a signatory to international law specifically protecting children.

The law of the occupied territory applies to all who are residents within it. What is discrimminatory and racist is applying military law to one group of residents and civil law to another when both reside in Occupied Territory.

Israeli civil law does not apply to the West Bank, so Israeli settlers in the area are theoretically subject to the same martial law but in practice they are usually judged through the civil system within the Green Line through a selective application of the law, while Palestinians are subject to martial law. The application of Israeli Civil Law for (ONLY) Jewish residents is part of ongoing political legislative efforts and has nothing to do with Geneva Conventions but rather is an attempt to make sure the Jewish residents are afforded more rights and protections than the Palestinian residents in the same territory which is under occupation. Currently, I believe, the bill to attempt to put settlers wholy under Israeli law is stalled due to the perception that it will lead to annexation and inequality.

Israel moves to extend law to W Bank settlers
Israeli settlers living in the occupied West Bank are currently formally subject to military rule.

However, the area's 350,000 settlers are effectively under the jurisdiction of civilian courts in Israel because parliament has already applied a clutch of laws, primarily criminal and tax laws and military conscription, to them.

Right-wing MKs submit bill to apply Israeli law to West Bank settlers
Meretz leader Zehava Gal- On slammed the bill, calling it “a malignant combination of annexation and apartheid.

“Applying Israeli law is de facto annexation of the occupied territories, and applying it only to settlers creates racial discrimination,” she said. “This is another step in the bizarre campaign to do everything to discredit Israel in the world and turn it into a leper in the eyes of the international community.”

What is "racist and discrimminatory" is putting one portion of the population in an occupied area under civil law and the other portion under martial law.

Forum List

Back