Try being a small business and get insurance.

So you have socialized medicine we all pay for. So you are wrong in more ways than one.

I earned it through service to my country. Unlike you who think you deserve it off of my fucking dime.

You may have served, but we are still paying for it through tax dollars. It is a closed government run system with doctors who work for the government.

You see...now you just stuck your foot in your mouth. It is NOT a closed system. I get approval for using my own doctor (i.e. NON military) on a regular basis for me and my family.

Please...don't pretend to know what us veterans get or don't get.

and yes...our tax dollars do pay for Veteran's healthcare...you have a problem with that?

Last edited:
Those on this site that seem to find something wrong with all proposed healthcare reform are not small business owners trying to access affordable and good health insurance. The insurance companies take full advantage of an opportunity to make higher profit on a small insurance pool.

What are the stonewalling idiots on this web site doing for insurance.

I am guessing several are living at home and are still on their parents insurance. The problem is they are 45 years old.

I have answered this question for them many times right here on this forum.
They can still get a small group or individual plan surprisingly cheaply. I have insured my own family since 1972, as a self employed small business person, a contractor. As recently as 5 years ago I enrolled in an excellent policy with ANTHEM for $200.05 with a $1,000 deductible.

I informed them that I had what I thought to be rheumatoid arthritis in the knees, and they almost declined to take me. They asked for more information, and since I had nothing on my medical record on that problem, they went ahead. Within two years I had to have arthoscopic knee surgery, and they paid for it except for about $400. over the deductible.

They'd asked for more information, saying that that type of injury was usually work connected, and it was, but since I did not have Work-Comp-Insurance on myself (not required) they paid with no delay. They continued to insure me until I went on Medicare at 65, so you can see my $200 premium was for a man of 60 plus; at an age when usually prices are at their highest. I was surprised they would give me such a good deal so close to Medicare, but apparently competition still operated to my benefit.

Now here's a word of advice I'm fairly certain they are not really asking for: ANYONE seeking health insurance SHOULD NOT GO to their usual insurance sources, like the same people who provide their home-owners hazard insurance (State Farm and the like) or their auto insurer.

Instead they should contact the largest COMMERCIAL INSURANCE AGENT(S) in their area, or more than one. They will take your requisites and limits and then sit down with you and find (you) a good, reasonably, and competively priced policy.

Prices have certainly gotten higher for the average person seeking insurance, I'm certain, for only two reasons I can come up with: new medical advances which might be needed in a prescribed treatment, and government interference in the form of additional mandates and regulations, state and federal. Indiana, my own state, is still friendly to the insurance marketplace, so that a good reasonably priced policy is available.

I just checked and the October (going forward) 2009 rate for a 64 year old male for a $1,000 deductible policy, assigned risk pool state of Indiana (this is for people who are otherwise uninsurable, with pre-existing, and "orphan" (incurable) diseases) the rate is $887 male and $862 for a female per month. for a 29 year old male $245/month female $467/month; higher because of child bearing potential. Since these rates are for the "uninsurable", then average healthy people should be able to find a policy for about one third these rates; that has been my experience in researching the prices.

ICIEHA RATES EFFECTIVE 10-09

Last edited:
Those on this site that seem to find something wrong with all proposed healthcare reform are not small business owners trying to access affordable and good health insurance. The insurance companies take full advantage of an opportunity to make higher profit on a small insurance pool.

I am guessing several are living at home and are still on their parents insurance. The problem is they are 45 years old.

I am small business & I know exactly what you're talking about. We have been in business for over 30 years. In my state of Colorado--small business used to be able to group together to get the same rates as larger corporations. Somehow the State of Colorado screwed that one up big time. Our rates are through the roof.

I don't think there are too many Americans that do not want health insurance reform in this country. I believe that the overwhelming majority of Americans realise that something has got to be done to address the soaring cost of medical insurance.

Where we disagree--is how to achieve the goal--of lower cost health insurance. I do not believe that a government take-over is the solution. After all the Federal government has bankrupted everything they have been involved in. I believe they are the problem--not the solution.

There are many things that government can do--that does not require a government--taxpayer based plan--take over of health care in this country.

$9-trillion-deficit.jpg

It's funny the right masses are unaware how the employment/insurance tie in kills small businesses. The right politicians talk about small businesses, but they are all about big businesses. It's just another insidious way of keeping upstart competition out of their way, among many others.

There is nothing more insidious that the Federal Government jumping in to compete with private industry. You should be outraged about that.

As far as Republicans being against small business & for large corporations.

What in the heck do you think taxing people making over 250K in small business does?

You are completely WRONG. I am small business & the very last thing I am going to do is work harder--take more risk to expand my business--hire more employees--so I can jump myself into a 40% federal income tax bracket--so Barack Obama can re-distribute all of my hard work earnings to others that were not so motivated as I.

$US treasury.jpg

Your wrong Fudd.....I am insured fully. I have Tri-Care Prime and Tri-Care Dental and I pay about 500 dollars a year for it.

I read in that HR3200 or whatever the number is....small businesses will be exempt from providing health insurance for their employees because of the smaller profit margins they operate with.

You are telling me you have health and dental for $500 a year. Absolutely no fricking way. You are crazy. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Your wrong Fudd.....I am insured fully. I have Tri-Care Prime and Tri-Care Dental and I pay about 500 dollars a year for it.

I read in that HR3200 or whatever the number is....small businesses will be exempt from providing health insurance for their employees because of the smaller profit margins they operate with.

You are telling me you have health and dental for $500 a year. Absolutely no fricking way. You are crazy. You have no idea what you are talking about.
Military benefits

You didn't say it was a vetrans policy.
God Bless you for serving. But you are in a government program. I definitely feel you deserve it. You deserve it at $500 a year with the tax payer paying the difference.

If you are in a government program that you are satisfied with why are you against a public option.

But other Americans may deserve the same policy without any government subsidy. Why not?

My guess is that you're a total blithering idiot.

Ever heard of these guys National Association for the Self-Employed, dickweed?

Have you checked their policies. They are not very good.

You need to talk to your Dad and ask what he is paying to insure you. If there is any 45 year old living at home with their parents paying their insurance it would be you, DUDE.

Negative Fudd...negative.
I spent the last 30 years serving my country....20 of it active duty Navy....and now 10 with DoD Civil Service.

You see Fudd.....when you earn something it just makes you feel so much better about using it to your own benefit. When you demand something because you think you deserve it and it's paid for off of other people's hard work it diminishes it's significance greatly and in my opinion it makes one a lazy ass. Next thing you know you will want the government to guarantee lifetime employment and 3 day work weeks.

Last edited:

For once I totally agree with you Elmer, but I still think that we would all be better off with a private health care fix and not a national one. They need to form a large pool so that small business can join, that can be very easily done, it won't run up the deficit, and it won't cost the taxpayer a dime. It's called competition, these a other ideas will correct the health care INSURANCE crisis, but to involve the government in a system that involves 6% of our economy is insanity. They have bankrupted social security, medicare, medicaid, the postal service. What makes you think that they won't bankrupt this system to. Should he get his version of this bill passed your health care system will resemble the aftermath of Katrina. You will have the compassion of the IRS, the efficiency of the Postal Service and a response time of Katrina by the feds, it will be a disastor in the making.

I feel your option would work. I feel their are other options that could work also.

See, Obama has brought two people from who usually do not agree together on this issue.

So you're a small business owner. Let's think about this situation for a moment. The federal government decides for whatever reason that it's going to take over your industry or compete with you. They are going to create a government run program that produces the same exact product/service you do. Yet, they are going to be completely funded by the tax payers. Which means they wont care about the costs or profits.

Now what exactly is going to happen to your business when the government provides the same services for a loss? What do you think is going to happen to the quality of the service/products?

What reasons do we have not to nationalize your industry? If we buy this health care ideas what's to stop the government from putting your company out of business?

At what point does this insanity stop and we stop trying to pretend other people need to provide for us? Why the heck should my taxes provide health care for Bill Gates or Rush Limbaugh?

I

If you are in a government program that you are satisfied with why are you against a public option.

Please show me how the masses who more than likely will gravitate toward this cheaper option, subsidized by tax dollars and deficit spending, have done anything to earn what I shed blood for?

Last edited:

I spent the last 30 years serving my country....20 of it active duty Navy....and now 10 with DoD Civil Service.

You see Fudd.....when you earn something it just makes you feel so much better about using it to your own benefit. When you demand something because you think you deserve it and it's paid for off of other people's hard work it diminishes it's significance greatly and in my opinion it makes one a lazy ass. Next thing you know you will want the government to guarantee lifetime employment and 3 day work weeks.

You earned the taxpayer paying for your insurance.

I am saying why can't your policy be available to other people without the government paying any part of it. Individuals may have to pay $800 to $1000 a month for a very good policy because of the large insurance pool.

Why not.

But you see patek, you are getting a government subsidy. Despite your service and work yada yada yada, it's government. It's not private. So your argument falls flat.

Have you checked their policies. They are not very good.

You need to talk to your Dad and ask what he is paying to insure you. If there is any 45 year old living at home with their parents paying their insurance it would be you, DUDE.

And you expect the federal government to provide good coverage? Who are you to expect anything from anyone? Why are you entitled to someone elses money?

So you're a small business owner. Let's think about this situation for a moment. The federal government decides for whatever reason that it's going to take over your industry or compete with you. They are going to create a government run program that produces the same exact product/service you do. Yet, they are going to be completely funded by the tax payers. Which means they wont care about the costs or profits.

Now what exactly is going to happen to your business when the government provides the same services for a loss? What do you think is going to happen to the quality of the service/products?

What reasons do we have not to nationalize your industry? If we buy this health care ideas what's to stop the government from putting your company out of business?

At what point does this insanity stop and we stop trying to pretend other people need to provide for us? Why the heck should my taxes provide health care for Bill Gates or Rush Limbaugh?

I

FedEx and UPS are kicking the governments butt in their industry.

But more important, Obama prefers a government option but clearly said he would sign a bill with no public option that increased access and help control costs.

Obama is not requiring a government option.

I

In what universe is health insurance a small business? And what service does it provide? It takes money and redistributes it. The government is already much better at this. Insurers are basically bookies.

You earned the taxpayer paying for your insurance.

I am saying why can't your policy be available to other people without the government paying any part of it. Individuals may have to pay $800 to $1000 a month for a very good policy because of the large insurance pool.

Why not.

It's not being fair to those of us who pay taxes and earned our right to have cheaper healthcare. Why can't we start with tort reform and actually rooting out the fraud waste and abuse in Medicare/Medicaid.

If Obama would do those 2 things FIRST and demonstrate his true dedication to this calling then, maybe then, America would support a public option. Right now the guy is paying lip service, making threats and ramming shit down America's throat so he can claim a legacy. That's unf*ckingSAT.

Why don't his administration officials reveal the truth about the uninsured....like the 12 million illegal aliens who are included in the 46.8 million people figure? Why not mention the 15.9 million young people who voluntarily opted out of healthcare coverage from their employer? How many uninsured people do we have now? Do the math.

Last edited:

But you see patek, you are getting a government subsidy. Despite your service and work yada yada yada, it's government. It's not private. So your argument falls flat.

No it doesn't. I earned the right to have it. You want it off of my dime and I say f*** you....you go earn it yourself.

Wrong. Because is the operative word, so that has no effect on the argument.

Forum List

Back