Try being a small business and get insurance.

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Those on this site that seem to find something wrong with all proposed healthcare reform are not small business owners trying to access affordable and good health insurance. The insurance companies take full advantage of an opportunity to make higher profit on a small insurance pool.

What are the stonewalling idiots on this web site doing for insurance.

I am guessing several are living at home and are still on their parents insurance. The problem is they are 45 years old.

Those on this site that seem to find something wrong with all proposed healthcare reform are not small business owners trying to access affordable and good health insurance. The insurance companies take full advantage of an opportunity to make higher profit on a small insurance pool.

I am guessing several are living at home and are still on their parents insurance. The problem is they are 45 years old.
Yup.

And I know some here who do just that. (or live off the government)

I'm a small business person, and the Health Insurance premiums are killing me! My colleagues face the same trouble. It's just become ridiculously expensive.

when I had my own practice, it cost me $2,100 a month for health insurance for me and my family because as a small group, it probably costs three times what being part of a large group does.

Your wrong Fudd.....I am insured fully. I have Tri-Care Prime and Tri-Care Dental and I pay about 500 dollars a year for it.

I read in that HR3200 or whatever the number is....small businesses will be exempt from providing health insurance for their employees because of the smaller profit margins they operate with.

My guess is that you're a total blithering idiot.

Ever heard of these guys National Association for the Self-Employed, dickweed?

For once I totally agree with you Elmer, but I still think that we would all be better off with a private health care fix and not a national one. They need to form a large pool so that small business can join, that can be very easily done, it won't run up the deficit, and it won't cost the taxpayer a dime. It's called competition, these a other ideas will correct the health care INSURANCE crisis, but to involve the government in a system that involves 6% of our economy is insanity. They have bankrupted social security, medicare, medicaid, the postal service. What makes you think that they won't bankrupt this system to. Should he get his version of this bill passed your health care system will resemble the aftermath of Katrina. You will have the compassion of the IRS, the efficiency of the Postal Service and a response time of Katrina by the feds, it will be a disastor in the making.

hey dude , I think you should look up the term" projection "

Last edited:
Because I don't like spelling nazis, I make it a point not to correct peoples spelling.

But I just couldn't pass this one up...

You will have the compassion of the IRS, the efficiency of the Postal Service and a response time of Katrina by the feds, it will be a disastor in the making.

Disastor?

when I had my own practice, it cost me $2,100 a month for health insurance for me and my family because as a small group, it probably costs three times what being part of a large group does.

What kind of policy were you buying? My insurance for my family runs a little over $500.00 per month. And it wouldn't be that high if it weren't for my husband's blood pressure.

Your wrong Fudd.....I am insured fully. I have Tri-Care Prime and Tri-Care Dental and I pay about 500 dollars a year for it.

I read in that HR3200 or whatever the number is....small businesses will be exempt from providing health insurance for their employees because of the smaller profit margins they operate with.

So you have socialized medicine we all pay for. So you are wrong in more ways than one.

Similar here.

i hated peeling off that kind of money before even a dollar in my own pocket... but even at those prices, i would have deductibles and get reimbursed at 80% of reasonable and customary.

someone needs to tell the insurance companies that they can't reimburse you in NYC for 80% of what's reasonable and customary in Iowa.

It's funny the right masses are unaware how the employment/insurance tie in kills small businesses. The right politicians talk about small businesses, but they are all about big businesses. It's just another insidious way of keeping upstart competition out of their way, among many others.

It's funny the right masses are unaware how the employment/insurance tie in kills small businesses. The right politicians talk about small businesses, but they are all about big businesses. It's just another insidious way of keeping upstart competition out of their way, among many others.

Are you a small business owner?

So you have socialized medicine we all pay for. So you are wrong in more ways than one.

I earned it through service to my country. Unlike you who think you deserve it off of my fucking dime.

What kind of policy were you buying? My insurance for my family runs a little over $500.00 per month. And it wouldn't be that high if it weren't for my husband's blood pressure.

Mine had nothing t do with illness... it was because I wanted a plan which would pay for out-of-network physicians because other than my GP, my doctors don't take insurance. I know I had blue cross/blue shield for hospitalization. I forget who handled the medical..I want to say wellchoice or something like that, but i don'tthink that's correct.

I earned it through service to my country. Unlike you who think you deserve it off of my fucking dime.

You may have served, but we are still paying for it through tax dollars. It is a closed government run system with doctors who work for the government.

Forum List

Back