Truthmatters' " GOP making it difficult to vote" thread.

I really do feel bad for the dog...................

Sorry dog, you didn't get to vote for the family you wanted. No ID, huh?

Blues

Do you notice that data assumes a cause and effect relationship it doesn't prove? It notes that states with stricter ID get 4% less turnout, ergo the stricter ID caused the lower turnout.

Here's another cause and effect that would explain the same phenomena. Maybe States who have 4% of the population who are too lazy to find a way to go 15 minutes away for a free ID were too fucking lazy to bother to vote in the first place...

Do you read your own ARTICLES?

In 2005, Indiana enacted the nation's stiffest photo ID law. Yet turnout increased 2% in November compared with 2002, the previous non-presidential federal election year.
No, she doesn't.

She tried this link the last time this bug in her butt was acting up and the same thing was pointed out to her.

And, yes, she really IS that dense.

Teamster Nation: Walker cuts DMV in Dem districts now that voter ID is passed

the plan to keep democratic voters from voting is steaming along

Just scanning the first couple of paragraphs of your source, TDM, do you really believe this article to be even closely non-partisan and thus somewhat honest? I mean, when you use the phrase "Koch Whore" in the first sentence it leads your readers to think you have a certain bias and in my books, that makes every bit of the remainder of the article suspect. Why should I believe these districts are "Democratic districts" when there is most definitely a hateful attitude of the author.

Oh that's right, the author is clearly a union member and therefore beyond reproach. Forgive my brief period of skepticism.

Immie

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Do you read your own ARTICLES?

In 2005, Indiana enacted the nation's stiffest photo ID law. Yet turnout increased 2% in November compared with 2002, the previous non-presidential federal election year.
No, she doesn't.

She tried this link the last time this bug in her butt was acting up and the same thing was pointed out to her.

And, yes, she really IS that dense.

I like the irony though.

She knows someone too lazy to get an ID to vote was going to vote Democrat.

Her solution to the problem is to sit at home and post messages on a message board.

Getting off their asses and actually doing something isn't going to happen with Democrats.

from your article...

The commission's chairwoman, Donetta Davidson, called the study "premature." More work needs to be done, she said. "You can't make determinations based on one year," she said. "We have new states that have ID requirements now that weren't in that review."

In local races before the November elections, "we could not find one instance where a legitimate voter could not vote," said Indiana Secretary of State Todd Rokita, a Republican.

Pretty much kills your argument.

The Eagleton Institute research relied on data from 2004, before some of the toughest ID laws were passed. It shows that as requirements stiffen — from stating a name to signing it to presenting documentation — turnout drops slightly. The researchers considered other factors, including contested elections, registration requirements, race, ethnicity, age, education and income. They used a 2004 Census Bureau survey to determine racial and ethnic breakdowns.

"It validates some of the things that have been said all along about the problems of voter ID," said Kimball Brace of Election Data Services. Taken together with the earlier research by Tova Wang and Job Serebrov that found little evidence of voter fraud at polling places, it shows voter ID laws can have more of a negative than a positive impact, Brace said.

Forum List

Back