Truth and Knowledge

LOIE

Gold Member
May 11, 2017
In reading “Stolen Legacy” by George G.M. James, I came across these statements:

“Mankind is divided into three classes: Lovers of wealth; lovers of honor and lovers of wisdom.”

The Goddess of truth points out that there are two paths of knowledge: one leading to a knowledge of truth, and the other to a knowledge of the opinions of men.”

I wonder why we cannot have discussions that are truthful and factual and not based only on the opinions of men. I wonder why we can’t diligently search together for knowledge that leads to truth and not merely banter back and forth about our own or another man’s opinions.

I wonder why we have to see everything through a political lens. I wonder why we can’t just see people as people and issues as issues, without accusing everyone of being sheep led around by political shepherds.

Someone said I read a lot of Black Studies. I do. I’m trying to gain the knowledge that will lead me to truth and wisdom. In my high school history book there was a single picture of slaves picking cotton. The paragraph under it said that while the slaves picked cotton they sang and that’s where we got Negro Spirituals. THAT was my education about slavery in America. Now I’m educating myself. I want to be a lover of knowledge and wisdom.

Better to be a lover of all three. Without the first you have no influence, without the second you have no humanity, and without the third you're a Democrat.

Better to be a lover of all three. Without the first you have no influence, without the second you have no humanity, and without the third you're a Democrat.

Wu0Ub37.gif

In reading “Stolen Legacy” by George G.M. James, I came across these statements:

“Mankind is divided into three classes: Lovers of wealth; lovers of honor and lovers of wisdom.”

The Goddess of truth points out that there are two paths of knowledge: one leading to a knowledge of truth, and the other to a knowledge of the opinions of men.”

I wonder why we cannot have discussions that are truthful and factual and not based only on the opinions of men. I wonder why we can’t diligently search together for knowledge that leads to truth and not merely banter back and forth about our own or another man’s opinions.

I wonder why we have to see everything through a political lens. I wonder why we can’t just see people as people and issues as issues, without accusing everyone of being sheep led around by political shepherds.

Someone said I read a lot of Black Studies. I do. I’m trying to gain the knowledge that will lead me to truth and wisdom. In my high school history book there was a single picture of slaves picking cotton. The paragraph under it said that while the slaves picked cotton they sang and that’s where we got Negro Spirituals. THAT was my education about slavery in America. Now I’m educating myself. I want to be a lover of knowledge and wisdom.

You made the right choice. The first is superficial idolatry, the second is social-control bullshit. If there be three classes I've made the same choice.

Of course, it's also said that the world is divided into two types of people, those being (a) those who divide people into two types, and (b) those who do not. So there's that.

Everyone first needs at least a basic background in Philosophy.

But nobody is giving them this.

The colleges offer Philosophy 101 but few kids in college ever take it.

And there is no philosophy in high school at all.

You made the right choice. The first is superficial idolatry, the second is social-control bullshit. If there be three classes I've made the same choice.

Of course, it's also said that the world is divided into two types of people, those being (a) those who divide people into two types, and (b) those who do not. So there's that.
Pogo you should watch "The Good The Bad And The Ugly" again -- for the 2 kinds of people.

You are the ugly and the somewhat stupid.

:D

Black studies must begin with Central Africa isolated like China by distance from blood thirsty Egypt, Mesopotamia, Persia, and Europe.

It was then that the North African Arabs discovered an easy source of slaves south of the Sahara. They got these from other black warlords and traded them to Jews. The Jews traded them to the Portuguese. The Portuguese traded them to the Spanish and English.

Then after 300 years of breeding in the Americas a new breed of blacks evolved there which were mixed race European and African.

When freed after the US Civil War they languished in poverty and illiteracy in massive proportions to the present day.

Some have bootstrapped themselves. One even sits on the US Supreme Court. Several are Senators and Reps. Some have been governors. Many are mayors.

But not all of them -- not yet.

Pogo you should watch "The Good The Bad And The Ugly" again -- for the 2 kinds of people.

Impossible. Can't watch "again" what you never watched once. I don't waste my time on movies.
But thanks for the ear worm. Now I'll be hearing Hugo Montenegro all night. :eek:

Why the somewhat?

If you have access to satellite radio, try listening to Joe Madison on weekdays from 3am to 7 am Eastern time on channel 126.

Joe Madison - "The Black Eagle"

You ask legitimate questions yet ignore the prophetic nature of your stated assumptions.

Look objectively at what you term the political lens and you'll see it belies the very essence of the factual vs opinion dichotomy. Even on this thread a right winger has immediately voiced an opinion intimating Democrats have no wisdom, blithely oblivious to his own selfish and cynical views on the other two values. The hypocrisy would be remarkable even if it wasn't an example of the problem of communication between Democrats who rely on facts and justice for humanity and today's Republicans who are so emotionally wedded to their opinions, all contradicting facts are simply ignored.

Everyone first needs at least a basic background in Philosophy.

But nobody is giving them this.

The colleges offer Philosophy 101 but few kids in college ever take it.

And there is no philosophy in high school at all.

High school kids don't need to take a course in Philosophy in order to study History.

Since the scriptures say that the love of money is the root of all evil, and I believe it, think I'll pass on being a lover of money. I'll go along with honor and humanity. Your third point about being a democrat - did you truly read and comprehend what I was writing? I choose not to be identified only by a political party. We are complex beings who should not be stuck into someone else's idea box.

If you have access to satellite radio, try listening to Joe Madison on weekdays from 3am to 7 am Eastern time on channel 126.

Joe Madison - "The Black Eagle"
Thanks. But I don't have access to satellite radio right now.

Black studies must begin with Central Africa isolated like China by distance from blood thirsty Egypt, Mesopotamia, Persia, and Europe.

It was then that the North African Arabs discovered an easy source of slaves south of the Sahara. They got these from other black warlords and traded them to Jews. The Jews traded them to the Portuguese. The Portuguese traded them to the Spanish and English.

Then after 300 years of breeding in the Americas a new breed of blacks evolved there which were mixed race European and African.

When freed after the US Civil War they languished in poverty and illiteracy in massive proportions to the present day.

Some have bootstrapped themselves. One even sits on the US Supreme Court. Several are Senators and Reps. Some have been governors. Many are mayors.

Regarding the ones you say have bootstrapped themselves, I read a Jet Magazine article who had done just that - gotten educated, wealthy and even famous. And their encounters with racial prejudice sent the message that no matter how much they accomplish or how well they are received in society, there are still many white people who view them in stereotypes.

Vanessa Williams had just sung for the president at the Ford Theater, when she was mistaken for a server at the reception. Olympic gold medalist Al Joyner was pulled over and handcuffed twice by police looking for a hit and run driver. Actor and performer Debbie Allen recalled being snubbed by a white salesperson in a jewelry store. There of course was the incident of the black Harvard professor arrested at his own house by someone who assumed he did not belong there.

These black folk have realized that despite the advantages of prestigious jobs, luxury cars and the trappings of success, there are still white people who see blacks only as servants or criminals.

I disagree with the statement posted by Morgan Freeman that we need to stop talking about racism in order to end it. I believe we need open and honest dialogue. Economic success, while beneficial, will not change hearts, minds or perceptions.

Since the scriptures say that the love of money is the root of all evil, and I believe it, think I'll pass on being a lover of money.

That does not diminish the reality of my statement.

Your third point about being a democrat - did you truly read and comprehend what I was writing? I choose not to be identified only by a political party. We are complex beings who should not be stuck into someone else's idea box.

My answer was not about you. I belong to no political party, and never will. However, I do recognize the obvious intentional damage to the nation by the Democrats.

Since the scriptures say that the love of money is the root of all evil, and I believe it, think I'll pass on being a lover of money.

Your third point about being a democrat - did you truly read and comprehend what I was writing? I choose not to be identified only by a political party. We are complex beings who should not be stuck into someone else's idea box.

My answer was not about you. I belong to no political party, and never will. However, I do recognize the obvious intentional damage to the nation by the Democrats.
And do you believe that no internal damage has been done by other parties?

Of course there has been, but nothing of the magnitude caused by the political Left over the last half century.

Of course there has been, but nothing of the magnitude caused by the political Left over the last half century.
Nothing proves an opinion like a bold reassertion, eh?

Forum List

Back