Trust?

Do you trust...

• i don't trust me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i don't trust me or my neighbors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I trust myself. I have no reason not to. I know who I am, where I have been, and where I want to be. In my opinion, trust is a gift. That doesn't mean I give the gift out to every single person without thought. God gave us brains and intuition for a reason, in my opinion.

It would be stupid of me to make a big sign in the yard, or tell all my neighbors (whether I know them or not) that I trust them implicitly, and leave my doors open or unlocked all the time.

I trust myself. I have no reason not to. I know who I am, where I have been, and where I want to be. In my opinion, trust is a gift. That doesn't mean I give the gift out to every single person without thought. God gave us brains and intuition for a reason, in my opinion.

It would be stupid of me to make a big sign in the yard, or tell all my neighbors (whether I know them or not) that I trust them implicitly, and leave my doors open or unlocked all the time.

Of course most of us trust ourselves.
As for the neighbors, I think dillo makes a good point. What exactly are we talking about trusting them with?

My neighbor is an 80-something retired Army pilot who cares for his while, while she struggles with cancer, voted against Obama, brings my trash can back from the street if I'm at work, and plows my driveway while he's doing his own simply because he likes being outside.

What's not to trust?

That said.. My trust is earned, and practically nobody has it unconditionally...The people I trust unconditionally can be counted on one hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
My neighbor is an 80-something retired Army pilot who cares for his while, while she struggles with cancer, voted against Obama, brings my trash can back from the street if I'm at work, and plows my driveway while he's doing his own simply because he likes being outside.

What's not to trust?

I don't think that you should trust that he'll be doing this for the next 10 years.

What's not to trust?

I don't think that you should trust that he'll be doing this for the next 10 years.

He just might.. He's more active than some 30 year olds I know...

My point is there are different degrees of trust. Do I trust my neighbors blindly for all purposes? No. But I'm not locking myself in the house afraid to have any contact with them either. Both extremes are stupid.

Of course most of us trust ourselves.
As for the neighbors, I think dillo makes a good point. What exactly are we talking about trusting them with?

I can't answer that question as I am not the OP. He should have quantified what "trust" is, as it relates to the question at hand.

ask Missourian

You created the thread. You asked the question. Don't try and pass that off to another. Do you not care about the question asked? Is this some kind of infantile gotcha game with another poster?

What is the point of the thread?

If you can't figure that out, you're really dense

More deflection by you. I asked a straight-forward question. You created the thread and you don't want to answer questions asked that pertain to the thread question. And I am the dense one? Is that the best you got? Is that the kind of response you consider debate?

I am done with the thread. It is a waste of my time.

Hey everyone, JK has proven he isn't about honest debate. I just got this from him. Real mature.

New reputation!
Hi, you have received -24 reputation points from JBeukema.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
retard

Regards,
JBeukema

Like I said, a waste of time.

Forum List

Back