Trust those oil companies

Oldsocks, you cannot pretend this isnt here all day..I will re-post it until you grow a pair and drop this bullshit OP...

Flow Rate Estimate Spikes As Oil Executives Face Congressional Criticism of Disaster Response Plans - ABC News

Long-Dead Expert and Walruses in the Gulf?
Markey said that the five oil giants had disaster response plans that were "virtually identical," with equipment he called "ineffective."

Markey said that "two other plans are such dead ringers for BP's that they list a phone number for the same long-dead expert."

Indeed, BP's 582-page response plan, filed in 2009, listed Professor Peter Lutz from the University of Miami as a wildlife expert, though he has been dead since 2005. The document, outlining the company's planned response to a Gulf spill, listed walruses, sea lions and seals as animals that could be affected -- though none of them live in the Gulf of Mexico's warm waters.
Waxman provided examples of sentences from different companies' plans that are identical, save for the name of the company.

"When you look at the details, it becomes evident these plans are just paper exercises. BP failed miserably when confronted with a real leak, and one can only wonder whether ExxonMobil and the other companies would do any better," said Waxman.

First, the dead PHD whose recommendations they used died and so know all his work is worthless?

They listed his phone number, you stupid ass.

Pretty big problem in the logic there.....

Second, the article you cited said this..
"These oil companies before us today amassed nearly $289 billion in profits over the last three years. They spent $39 billion to explore for new gas and oil. Yet the average investment in research and development for safety, accident prevention and spill response was a paltry $20 million per year," Markey said, referring to average spending per year per company.

Pay special attention to the bolded and underlined parts...

First they state "these oil companies" as in more than one... According to the article it was BP, ExxonMobil , Chevron , ConocoPhillips and Shell... So 5 of them made a total of 289 billion in profits.. And then they point out 5 of them spent a total of 39 billion to explore for new gas and oil..

Then they oh so subtly say "the average investment" in regards to research and development for safety, accident prevention and spill response was 20 million per year..

So.. if each company spent 20 million a year on R&D for accident/spill/safety, that is in reality 100 million a year for all 5 together..

They compared 3 years of profits for all 5 oil companies together, with exploration spendings for all 5 for the same time frame, to the money spent on accident/safety R&D for each company separately for only one year..

here is the real and accurately representative numbers

$289 billion in profits over the last three years for all 5 companies...

$39 billion to explore for new gas and oil for all 5 companies for the same time frame I would assume they dont make that clear...

$300 million in research and development for safety/spill and accident prevention and response.. ( 20 mill average for each company per year, times that by 5 for all 5 companies, then times that by 3 to get the same time frame they used to cite profits and you get 300 mill)

And that $300 million sure has stopped that leak, now hasn't it?

So, they are deliberately misleading you and I AGAIN........

WTF??????? Talk about bullshit math and horseshit propaganda..... Tell me how this isn't a snowjob now....

FUCK YOU, YOU LOWLIFE SCUMBAG POS"S......... UNBELIEVABLE..

I think we can call this bullshit and be done with it now....

Wouldn't you like this to go away. It will not. All the oil companies have been criminally negligent in creating plans for a catastrophe.

His phone number? Oh my...... Show me that then.....

Why did they lie about the amounts if they are so pure? yeah fuck you and fuck them too....

You for being a POS propagandist , and them for lying to people....

How much of their overall profit do you think GM spent on safety R&D last year?

how about other industries?

yeah when you have some integrity and an ethical core get back with me tool...:lol:

Cry, mewl, puke, and holler, your boys were hoisted by their own petards. They were all criminally negligent, and now that has been daylighted. Until they have equipment in place to handle this kind of blowout, there should be no more offshore drilling.

Cry, mewl, puke, and holler, your boys were hoisted by their own petards. They were all criminally negligent, and now that has been daylighted. Until they have equipment in place to handle this kind of blowout, there should be no more offshore drilling.

And again you have nothing to say about the article misleading us...... How typical.... To you its alright because it supports your preferred agenda...

You and people like you are the absolute worst problem facing this world going into the future.. You sell your soul and everyone else out under the false pretense you are doing it for the planet and for our own good... Truth is a irrelevant, ethics are throw away, and morality is all trivial to you.. You have a planet to save even if the planet doesn't need saving, even if all your theories prove false, even if all of your leaders and researchers lie to you.. It does not matter, because you are still doing the right thing....

How "right" is anything when you have to lie for it? How "good" is something when you will do anything to anybody in order to get it? And how is it "for our own good" when you lie and cheat the very people you are trying to reach and convince...

Fuck you, all your socks and proxies, and fuck all the rest who think that lying, misleading, and cheating people is in their best interests....

Forum List

Back