Trust bust Google

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
It needs to be done. Yes. Google has purposely turned themselves into shit now that they have an effective monopoly. Being shit is more profitable when you have a monopoly. A free market needs competition in order to work well and produce the best products.

• Banned

Bing is pretty much an illusion. A year ago I tried to start running advertising on Bing. Like Google, new accounts are offered something like a $100 credit after spending your first $25. So I made an upfront $25 payment, set up a campaign with a budget of $20 a day. Six months later, I still hadn't even used $5 of the initial $25 I paid. I was getting absolutely zero impressions on the vast majority of days. A virtually identical Google campaign was getting thousands of daily impressions. Sadly, a $20 budget there only meant 3-5 ad clicks. Bing has virtually no traffic.

Google is aggressive. I get nearly a dozen calls a month trying to get me to pay for better search results for my business.
Never have heard a peep from Bing.

I rely on Google but there are several good search-engines....stupid thread having nothing to do with politics.
rolleyes.gif

It needs to be done. Yes. Google has purposely turned themselves into shit now that they have an effective monopoly. Being shit is more profitable when you have a monopoly. A free market needs competition in order to work well and produce the best products.
Oh my, this is a first...,we agree...,

How do you bust popularity?

Google has out-performed other search engine offerings and earned people's preference.

I don't think there is any anti-trust case here. People can always take their searching elsewhere.

I rely on Google but there are several good search-engines....stupid thread having nothing to do with politics.
rolleyes.gif
It's what Google does with you without your authorization that is the problem and the reason the disinfectant of free market capitalism needs to be applied....

Google is aggressive. I get nearly a dozen calls a month trying to get me to pay for better search results for my business.

Oh, they're aggressive alright. Fucking scandalous, thieving motherfuckers at that. In all seriousness, as much as I'm not a fan of government interference, I wonder if it's not time to develop a regulatory scheme when it comes to online advertising. There's a huge conflict of interest where Google holds control to persistently fuck the ranking algorithms to generate increasingly junk results and destroying organic SEO, while charging increasing advertising rates with non-transparent pricing schemes.

The only way to get up in the ratings now is $$$$....

Try getting as many people into your circle on Google + .. , you can do that by liking anyone in business.. google will bring up your ratings ..be sure to use your business name.

rolleyes.gif
It's what Google does with you without your authorization that is the problem and the reason the disinfectant of free market capitalism needs to be applied....

Google has nude pics of actresses I like...Yahoo makes me swear I'm not a minor to see them.
lol.gif
I've never had an issue with Google....clear out your cookies and add-ons and use the Firefox ad-blocker and Malwarebytes in addition to your AV protection and they can't do diddly to ya.

rolleyes.gif

Google has nude pics of actresses I like...Yahoo makes me swear I'm not a minor to see them.
lol.gif
I've never had an issue with Google....clear out your cookies and add-ons and use the Firefox ad-blocker and Malwarebytes in addition to your AV protection and they can't do diddly to ya.
I like naked chicks too.....but Google is an extension of democrats leviathan and should be treated as the enemy of the state it is.....

Oh, they're aggressive alright. Fucking scandalous, thieving motherfuckers at that. In all seriousness, as much as I'm not a fan of government interference, I wonder if it's not time to develop a regulatory scheme when it comes to online advertising. There's a huge conflict of interest where Google holds control to persistently fuck the ranking algorithms to generate increasingly junk results and destroying organic SEO, while charging increasing advertising rates with non-transparent pricing schemes.
Angie's list switched to full pay to play this month for businesses. I was a top contractor on their metro list for over 15 years. Last week they called and said I had 7 days to pick an advertising plan or all of my reviews and information would be dropped from their site. Home Advisors fucked up 15 free years of advertising for me. Usually competition is a good thing, this time is fucked me. Angie's list wants hundreds of dollars per zip code now

In the last month or two I've gotten customers via some app called Band of Neighbors. I think it's tied to Facebook but I'm not sure since I don't do facebook.

Ah, I see....I've never advertised on Google...it wasn't around when I sold my last business. But from what I hear they are worth every nickel they charge since most potential customers never look further than the first page of links.

Google has out-performed other search engine offerings and earned people's preference.

I don't think there is any anti-trust case here. People can always take their searching elsewhere.

Can any less be said of Standard Oil or the Bell companies? But the thing is that Google does not outperform other search engines, nowadays. In fact, they largely perform less capably than their own performance a decade ago, in terms of search results. And they certainly don't perform well for paying advertisers compared to the past, as they've merely become an expensive, extortive pseudo-tax.

What Google has done is successfully inserted themselves into many aspects of every day life. Which brings us back to my comment about conflicts of interest.

Can any less be said of Standard Oil or the Bell companies? But the thing is that Google does not outperform other search engines, nowadays. In fact, they largely perform less capably than their own performance a decade ago, in terms of search results. And they certainly don't perform well for paying advertisers compared to the past, as they've merely become an expensive, extortive pseudo-tax.

What Google has done is successfully inserted themselves into many aspects of every day life. Which brings us back to my comment about conflicts of interest.

So what? this doesn't belong in the Politics room.

Ah, I see....I've never advertised on Google...it wasn't around when I sold my last business. But from what I hear they are worth every nickel they charge since most potential customers never look further than the first page of links.

And Google has been intentionally returning more and more junk results for years now, all while reducing the number of first page results, and increasing the price of advertising through non-transparent "auction" systems, which require ceding control to Google themselves to decide what is "optimal" for your ads. Oh, and they can decide for themselves to turn on ad campaigns that you've paused, and bill you a month later.

Forum List

Back