Trumpster and Health Care

Daryl Hunt

Your Worst Nightmare
Oct 22, 2014
O.D. (Stands for Out Dere
There is a sales clerk right down the street. He is making minimum wage. He does not have any health care. He refuses "Obama Care" because it's evil. He is also in extreme pain and can barely stand erect. I mentioned to him about getting on Disability. He said that that was Obamacare and he would probably be dead by the time he got it. I tried to explain to him that Disability is NOT Obama Care. And Medicaid was not Obamacare either. he didn't believe me. So he shows up for work in extreme pain and probably won't make it past 2 years due to really poor health.

What the hell is wrong with these people.

There is a sales clerk right down the street. He is making minimum wage. He does not have any health care. He refuses "Obama Care" because it's evil. He is also in extreme pain and can barely stand erect. I mentioned to him about getting on Disability. He said that that was Obamacare and he would probably be dead by the time he got it. I tried to explain to him that Disability is NOT Obama Care. And Medicaid was not Obamacare either. he didn't believe me. So he shows up for work in extreme pain and probably won't make it past 2 years due to really poor health.

It’s called being proud. Interesting you didn’t recognize it.

• Banned

There comes a time when pride doesn't explain it. I know pain when I see it. The man is in extreme pain and deserves help. And help is there. And the help doesn't involve what some call "Obamacare". Medicaid is there to help him and it's there for everyone in his income range. But he is swallowing the poison that the Trumpsters are pouring him. That Orange Koolaid that is being preached is causing a lot of people unnecessary pain. I have NEVER seen a person in that much pain still working and refusing the help that is offered. It's not pride. It's brainwashing.

There comes a time when pride doesn't explain it. I know pain when I see it. The man is in extreme pain and deserves help. And help is there. And the help doesn't involve what some call "Obamacare". Medicaid is there to help him and it's there for everyone in his income range. But he is swallowing the poison that the Trumpsters are pouring him. That Orange Koolaid that is being preached is causing a lot of people unnecessary pain. I have NEVER seen a person in that much pain still working and refusing the help that is offered. It's not pride. It's brainwashing.

This sort of attitude was around long before Trump. A desire to be self-sufficient and independent is a key part of the American psyche. It has nothing to do with Trump or his administration, or "Trumpsters", or Fox News, or any of the other boogey-men you might dream up.

• Banned

This sort of attitude was around long before Trump. A desire to be self-sufficient and independent is a key part of the American psyche. It has nothing to do with Trump or his administration, or "Trumpsters", or Fox News, or any of the other boogey-men you might dream up.

He said he would rather die than use Obamacare.

Yep. "Give me liberty, or give me death". That viewpoint is quintessentially American.

The sad thing is, these people are being forced to fund ACA, and other welfare programs, even if they don't take advantage of them.

Think of it this way, Daryl Hunt: Let's say everyone at worked chipped in for a group lunch. The team took a vote and decided on barbeque. One of the team members is vegan, and decides to not eat - "Sorry, I'd rather go hungry than eat meat".

Is this person brainwashed? Or do they just have different values?

• Banned

Yep. "Give me liberty, or give me death". That viewpoint is quintessentially American.

The sad thing is, these people are being forced to fund ACA, and other welfare programs, even if they don't take advantage of them.

ACA is NOT a welfare program. It's a health program right on par with a law enforcement or fire program. You want to not have any social programs, privatize the Police and Fire Departments. That way, when your house catches on fire and you call it in, you will need your up to date fire prevention card before they respond. Without that, they won't respond and your house burns to the ground. If you don't have one of those, you are going to need a credit card or a mighty fat debit card before they will respond. If you are being stabbed and a cop is on the corner watching it, he will require two forms of ID and a valid credit card before he can do anything on your behalf. Otherwise, he will stand there and watch you get knifed 17 times. The only good side is, he can be a witness at your inquest.

• Banned
Think of it this way, Daryl Hunt: Let's say everyone at worked chipped in for a group lunch. The team took a vote and decided on barbeque. One of the team members is vegan, and decides to not eat - "Sorry, I'd rather go hungry than eat meat".

If that person announces that they ARE a vegan before hand then enough of a non vegan fixins can be provided. Then, if they decide not to eat, it's their choice. If they decide to not announce it before, they deserve to go hungry.

If that person announces that they ARE a vegan before hand then enough of a non vegan fixins can be provided. Then, if they decide not to eat, it's their choice. If they decide to not announce it before, they deserve to go hungry.

alrighty then.

Anyway, it's possible for people to have moral and ethical objections to government polices that you like. That doesn't mean they're insane or brainwashed. It just means they disagree with you.

alrighty then.

Anyway, it's possible for people to have moral and ethical objections to government polices that you like. That doesn't mean they're insane or brainwashed. It just means they disagree with you.

The program is there for him to use. His income means that he won't have a huge amount of cash output to use it. It will save his life. And his Family won't lose the Daddy. Instead, he is locked in on the "I hate Obomacare" and would rather die than use it. Taxes already paid for it. I guess he should also not call a policeman or a fireman when something goes arrie there either since the same taxes also paid for them. Until it's repealed, it's there. The Orange Koolade routine is killing people.

Good. May he croak sooner. One less vote against America.

alrighty then.

The program is there for him to use. His income means that he won't have a huge amount of cash output to use it. It will save his life. And his Family won't lose the Daddy. Instead, he is locked in on the "I hate Obomacare" and would rather die than use it. Taxes already paid for it. I guess he should also not call a policeman or a fireman when something goes arrie there either since the same taxes also paid for them. Until it's repealed, it's there. The Orange Koolade routine is killing people.

Again, this has nothing to do with Trump. People being stubborn about politics, even to their apparent detriment, is nothing new. I agree with you that he's not really accomplishing anything by refusing, far better to bleed the programs for all we can! But I can understand why someone might be willing to forgo benefits. I can understand the desire to avoid being an accomplice to something they consider an abuse of government.

alrighty then.

Again, this has nothing to do with Trump. People being stubborn about politics, even to their apparent detriment, is nothing new. I agree with you that he's not really accomplishing anything by refusing, far better to bleed the programs for all we can! But I can understand why someone might be willing to forgo benefits. I can understand the desire to avoid being an accomplice to something they consider an abuse of government.

He is the abodiment of the Right Wing Health Plan. The Poor has the health plan of Don't get Sick and just go home and die. What's sad is, the poor uneducated right wing masses actually practice it and blindly follow it and keep blindly pulling that red lever. You are right. It's one more voter being taken out of circulation. But not the ones that you want taken out.

Right now, he is depending on his employers soon to be procured health plan. The problem there is, it won't cover his condition since it's a precondition. Unlike Obamacare, it's legal for the new "Improved" insurance plans to do so. Like a good Republican, he will dutifully have the cost of the new insurance taken out of his meager pay but receive little benefit from it. And continue to be in extreme pain until he is terminated from the lack of the ability to accomplish his duties. His loyalty and trust will be rewarded by termination and no insurance at all. His life won't be worth a cent. And his passing will be long and painful. And for what? I would think I would want someone with his loyalty and dedication working for me and I would fall all over myself to make sure he is well taken care of. But it's a Republican run business. And he has bought the Republican Mantra hook line and sinker. I have never seen it this bad and hope I never see it this bad ever again.

alrighty then.

He is the abodiment of the Right Wing Health Plan. The Poor has the health plan of Don't get Sick and just go home and die. What's sad is, the poor uneducated right wing masses actually practice it and blindly follow it and keep blindly pulling that red lever. You are right. It's one more voter being taken out of circulation. But not the ones that you want taken out.
I didn't say anything about voters being taken out of circulation. I think you have me mixed up with another poster.

Right now, he is depending on his employers soon to be procured health plan. The problem there is, it won't cover his condition since it's a precondition. Unlike Obamacare, it's legal for the new "Improved" insurance plans to do so. Like a good Republican, he will dutifully have the cost of the new insurance taken out of his meager pay but receive little benefit from it. And continue to be in extreme pain until he is terminated from the lack of the ability to accomplish his duties. His loyalty and trust will be rewarded by termination and no insurance at all. His life won't be worth a cent. And his passing will be long and painful. And for what? I would think I would want someone with his loyalty and dedication working for me and I would fall all over myself to make sure he is well taken care of. But it's a Republican run business. And he has bought the Republican Mantra hook line and sinker. I have never seen it this bad and hope I never see it this bad ever again.

Uh huh...

I think I've offered a far more reasonable explanation of your friend's position than your silly fantasy. But I guess it's easier to write off people who don't agree with you as ignorant, or brainwashed, and blind. That way you can conveniently dismiss their views and never question your own. Go team!

They are mentally ill and need help. People going without healthcare when they really need it is not good for anybody, themselves, their family, coworkers, or the country.

They are mentally ill and need help. People going without healthcare when they really need it is not good for anybody, themselves, their family, coworkers, or the country.

Ahh.. so now he's mentally ill. Not even fully human. FTW!

You guys really know how to politic.

My mother died an early death because she too was too proud to accept help. It hurt a lot of people beginning with her family.

As far as I'm concern, people that praise people who refuse help and shame people for accepting it are the scum of the earth.

alrighty then.

I didn't say anything about voters being taken out of circulation. I think you have me mixed up with another poster.

Uh huh...

I think I've offered a far more reasonable explanation of your friend's position than your silly fantasy. But I guess it's easier to write off people who don't agree with you as ignorant, or brainwashed, and blind. That way you can conveniently dismiss their views and never question your own. Go team!

Trust me, the guy is brainwashed. And not the brightest card in the deck.

My mother died an early death because she too was too proud to accept help. It hurt a lot of people beginning with her family.

Went through a similar thing with my dad. He had his reasons.

As far as I'm concern, people that praise people who refuse help and shame people for accepting it are the scum of the earth.

Well, you're piling on there, aren't you? The OP didn't say anything about this guy shaming anyone else. Just said he thought ACA was evil and didn't want anything to do with it. But do go on with your strawman. Evil, shaming, mentally ill, blind, ignorant, brainwashed - anything but reasonably wary about government health care programs.

Forum List

Back