Trump's VA plan

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

D. Trump, stick your path to privatization plan in your ear, er, or your wherever...

Veterans like choice.

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/...oice-poll-privatization-va-services/75506102/
But they don't like privatization.

That’s the bottom line from a new poll out Tuesday from the Vet Voice Foundation, designed to counter recent proposals that left-leaning advocates say would move Department of Veterans Affairs hospitals to an outsourced, privatization model.

The poll of 800 veterans, conducted jointly by a Republican-backed firm and a Democratic-backed one, found that almost two-thirds of survey respondents oppose plans to replace VA health care with a voucher system, an idea backed by some Republican lawmakers and presidential candidates.

The new Vet Voice poll also hints that the issue could be a factor in the 2016 elections, with 57 percent of those surveyed stating they would be less likely to vote for candidates who support "privatizing the VA health care system.”

<snip>

In a statement from Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts and State Sen. Jeff Jackson:

“The truth is that Trump has a displayed a pattern of disrespect toward those who have served our country,” the statement said. “He has lied about his donations to veterans’ charities and shown contempt toward prisoners of war, claiming that Senator John McCain is ‘not a war hero’ because he spent five years in captivity.”

Read more here: Veterans give Trump, Clinton wildly different response in Charlotte

D. Trump, stick your path to privatization plan in your ear, er, or your wherever...

Veterans like choice.

That’s the bottom line from a new poll out Tuesday from the Vet Voice Foundation, designed to counter recent proposals that left-leaning advocates say would move Department of Veterans Affairs hospitals to an outsourced, privatization model.

The poll of 800 veterans, conducted jointly by a Republican-backed firm and a Democratic-backed one, found that almost two-thirds of survey respondents oppose plans to replace VA health care with a voucher system, an idea backed by some Republican lawmakers and presidential candidates.

The new Vet Voice poll also hints that the issue could be a factor in the 2016 elections, with 57 percent of those surveyed stating they would be less likely to vote for candidates who support "privatizing the VA health care system.”

<snip>

In a statement from Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts and State Sen. Jeff Jackson:

“The truth is that Trump has a displayed a pattern of disrespect toward those who have served our country,” the statement said. “He has lied about his donations to veterans’ charities and shown contempt toward prisoners of war, claiming that Senator John McCain is ‘not a war hero’ because he spent five years in captivity.”

Read more here: Veterans give Trump, Clinton wildly different response in Charlotte

yep. I wanna here the dems' idea. I'm also curious if wait times got shorter. Not a fan of Obama's wars, but Shinseki did expedite disability reviews and cut homeless rates. I'm not sure how you avoid the inadequate care problems that caused him to lose his job. It seems to me the VA is truly socialized care.

Veterans like choice.

<snip>

yep. I wanna here the dems' idea. I'm also curious if wait times got shorter. Not a fan of Obama's wars, but Shinseki did expedite disability reviews and cut homeless rates. I'm not sure how you avoid the inadequate care problems that caused him to lose his job. It seems to me the VA is truly socialized care.

Privatization not going well. Program Obama and repug congress put together expanded by trump in deep shit. VA ER in Oregon closing down and sending vets to private urgent care that does not stay open 24/7 and this.

https://psmag.com/social-justice/pr...MYZ615FLCaf6G5bMfwZXy7kg7Sep35PLR9V08w1OMjo8U

Forum List

Back