Trump's trade war with China

You are arguing that Trump did a poor job filling the jobs.

OK. About par for the course.
No. In order to support that premise one would have to show that ANY one appointed to these positions could effectively control these agencies.

I see you failed to address something very important:

i) Do you support the President and his Appointees summarily firing anyone in the Executive Branch that is not following the policies of the President and his Appointees?

ii) Do they currently have the power to do that?​

So you are now arguing that Trump can not enact change.
No. I'm helping you avoid false reductionism.

In order to support that premise one would have to show that ANY one appointed to these positions could effectively control these agencies.

Two very simple questions for you:

i) Do you support the President and his Appointees summarily firing anyone in the Executive Branch that is not following the policies of the President and his Appointees?​

So once again you are arguing that Trump is incapable of doing anything about this.
No. I asked your opinion.
... I can't say that I support a president firing anyone for not following his directive unless I knew what that directive was.
Well, if the President, the Head of the Executive Branch cannot fire someone who won't follow his policy directives, then who sets policy for the Executive Branch, in our system?

Firstly the Constitution. If the presidents directive is unconstitutional, then no, I do not support his right to fire a director that refuses to uphold that.

Trump appoints those over these agencies.
He does. Are you arguing that Trump has effective control over the agencies that have been trying to drive him from office?

I already addressed that. Trump appoints those over these agencies. They control what they do. If they are still spying that is on Trump's picks.
Its obvious that due to civil servant protection laws the Deep State is entrenched and very difficult to remove

Trump made a mistake by keeping ANY obama appointee after his first day on the job

A seasoned swamp rat would not have made that mistake
Well to be fair, few of us knew then just how corrupt and self-serving the Deep State was then. This nation has learned a lot in the last 3 years, and we will learn a lot more once the Durham report is released.
Yes

Trump thought that he would be allowed to perform his duties and enact his agenda without being attacked by a secret cabal within the executive branch
Indeed. And who does this cabal within the executive branch answer too? Clearly they don't think they answer to the President and Chuck Schumer, the most powerful Democrat in the US Senate, is scared of them.

When Ben Franklin answered "A Republic if You Can Keep It". Who was he warning might take the government from the American People?

He does. Are you arguing that Trump has effective control over the agencies that have been trying to drive him from office?

I already addressed that. Trump appoints those over these agencies. They control what they do. If they are still spying that is on Trump's picks.
Its obvious that due to civil servant protection laws the Deep State is entrenched and very difficult to remove

Trump made a mistake by keeping ANY obama appointee after his first day on the job

A seasoned swamp rat would not have made that mistake
Well to be fair, few of us knew then just how corrupt and self-serving the Deep State was then. This nation has learned a lot in the last 3 years, and we will learn a lot more once the Durham report is released.
Yes

Trump thought that he would be allowed to perform his duties and enact his agenda without being attacked by a secret cabal within the executive branch
Indeed. And who does this cabal within the executive branch answer too? Clearly they don't think they answer to the President and Chuck Schumer, the most powerful Democrat in the US Senate, is scared of them.

When Ben Franklin answered "A Republic if You Can Keep It". Who was he warning might take the government from the American People?
Well said

The FBI, CIA and other intelligence agencies have gone rogue and need to be brought under control

You are arguing that Trump did a poor job filling the jobs.

OK. About par for the course.
No. In order to support that premise one would have to show that ANY one appointed to these positions could effectively control these agencies.

I see you failed to address something very important:

i) Do you support the President and his Appointees summarily firing anyone in the Executive Branch that is not following the policies of the President and his Appointees?

In order to support that premise one would have to show that ANY one appointed to these positions could effectively control these agencies.

i) Do you support the President and his Appointees summarily firing anyone in the Executive Branch that is not following the policies of the President and his Appointees?​

So once again you are arguing that Trump is incapable of doing anything about this.
... I can't say that I support a president firing anyone for not following his directive unless I knew what that directive was.
Well, if the President, the Head of the Executive Branch cannot fire someone who won't follow his policy directives, then who sets policy for the Executive Branch, in our system?

Firstly the Constitution. If the presidents directive is unconstitutional, then no, I do not support his right to fire a director that refuses to uphold that.
Yes. If they disagree they may resign, but they may not form a conspiracy to drive him from office.

During the last shutdown some federal workers brought suit claiming that being order to work without pay violated their constitutional right not to be enslaved. The Judge ordered them to return to work.

Yes. If they disagree they may resign, but they may not form a conspiracy to drive him from office.

Now you are changing the question.

During the last shutdown some federal workers brought suit claiming that being order to work without pay violated their constitutional right not to be enslaved. The Judge ordered them to return to work.

With your point being?

No. The question remains the same. In your opinion, does the staff or The President set executive policy?

No. The question remains the same. In your opinion, does the staff or The President set executive policy?

The president can set whatever policy he wants to. No one has to follow it though unless it's legal and Constitutional.

Same answer as before.

The president can set whatever policy he wants to. No one has to follow it though unless it's legal and Constitutional.

Same answer as before.
What if an employee determines that the 5 day work week violates the constitutional prohibition against slavery and that the proper remedy is a 4 day work week at the same pay?

Same answer as before.
What if an employee determines that the 5 day work week violates the constitutional prohibition against slavery and that the proper remedy is a 4 day work week at the sane pay?

then they will be without a job.

Same answer as before.
What if an employee determines that the 5 day work week violates the constitutional prohibition against slavery and that the proper remedy is a 4 day work week at the same pay?

Then they can argue that.

Same answer as before.

With who? Trump is supposed to stop and argue with every staff member that disagrees with him? A coordinating group of such staffers could completely monopolize his time.

Same answer as before.

With who? Trump is supposed to stop and argue with every staff member that disagrees with him? A coordinating group of such staffers could completely monopolize his time.

Then don't argue but it's more likely Trump would just call them names.

Forum List

Back