Trump's tariffs are stupid

Tariffs are bad. All they do is end up raising prices across the board.
Tariffs are taxes paid by the consumer.

Tariffs are higher prices paid VOLUNTARILY by the consumer and risked by the importer if they wish to continue to buy a now more expensive import product rather than switching to a now more competitively priced alternative.

Tariffs are mainly a leveraging tool which ultimately punishes a foreign trading partner for not allowing a more equal, fairer trade policy.

Tariffs go away and are unneeded when a foreign trade partner, tired of the harm to his own GDP who has more to lose than you, finally agrees to more fair trade practices.

Arguing against tariffs is the same as arguing FOR Red China, an economic, social, political and military enemy.

Please, if you're going to open your mouth, do tell the WHOLE story.

If the supplier lowers their price to cover the tariff, what the hell do I care?

Why would it be preferable to you to pay the full price to the Chinese rather than a lower price to the Chinese with a portion going to the US government if your out of pocket is no different? You get some sort of special thrill out of giving money to the Chinese?

If the supplier lowers their price to cover the tariff, what the hell do I care?

Why would it be preferable to you to pay the full price to the Chinese rather than a lower price to the Chinese with a portion going to the US government if your out of pocket is no different? You get some sort of special thrill out of giving money to the Chinese?
Over time I’ve read a lot of dumb shit in this place, but this is a stand out!

If you don't want to pay the the tariffs, don't buy Chinese tariffed goods. You "progressives" sure love the Chinese Commies!

If you don't want to pay the the tariffs, don't buy Chinese tariffed goods. You "progressives" sure love the Chinese Commies!
09E5353A-FEB4-41DF-9DB2-5979B79B9D7B.jpeg

Forum List

Back