Trump's tariffs are a solution in search of a problem

Funny how when unions go on strike supposedly for fair treatment it is cheered by the left despite the temporary pain those workers and businesses feel.
But God forbid if America does it for all.
My heart bleeds for U.S. companies who shipped countless thousands of U.S. jobs overseas for the cheap/slave labor. Now Trump & his pals will screw consumers over again when they pass on the cost of these tarriffs to us. My heart bleeds for corporations who wanted to do business with China for the cheap labor despite knowing that the country is/was run by a bunch of murderous commie, ruthless, dictators. They knew what the bargain, what the deal was & they didn't care. Fuck em is what I say.

My heart bleeds for 'em.

Funny how when unions go on strike supposedly for fair treatment it is cheered by the left despite the temporary pain those workers and businesses feel.
My heart bleeds for U.S. companies who shipped countless thousands of U.S. jobs overseas for the cheap/slave labor. Now Trump & his pals will screw consumers over again when they pass on the cost of these tarriffs to us. My heart bleeds for corporations who wanted to do business with China for the cheap labor despite knowing that the country is/was run by a bunch of murderous commie, ruthless, dictators. They knew what the bargain, what the deal was & they didn't care. Fuck em is what I say.

My heart bleeds for 'em.

They don't use slave labor anymore. I've explained in here several times how the labor system in China works.

Briefly, the Chinese use MASSIVE Factories. Cities entirely made of nothing but factories and their employees. For employees, they bring in Wun Hung Lo from a village in Hoo Flung Poo, shelter him, feed him, cloth him, train him and pay him a small, very small, wage while he lives in barracks similar to Army barracks.

He can move up to a semi-private room depending on his abilities and dedication.

They usually sign a five year 'enlistment' and when they leave to return home, they get a lump sum payment and arrive back in the Village as a relatively wealthy young man.

At which point he can marry, buy a small farm and support a family.

Some stay on for longer than the initial enlistment.

Their factories are another story and even more interesting.

The problem isn't labor, boys and girls. We can compete with that. Easily.

The problem with the Chinese is -- They cheat. They lie. And they steal.

And they're very clever about it.

All we're asking for is a more level playground.

And, of course, dimocrap scum are using the occasion to blast America and Americans because they like neither.

Just the facts

My heart bleeds for 'em.

They don't use slave labor anymore. I've explained in here several times how the labor system in China works.

Briefly, the Chinese use MASSIVE Factories. Cities entirely made of nothing but factories and their employees. For employees, they bring in Wun Hung Lo from a village in Hoo Flung Poo, shelter him, feed him, cloth him, train him and pay him a small, very small, wage while he lives in barracks similar to Army barracks.

He can move up to a semi-private room depending on his abilities and dedication.

They usually sign a five year 'enlistment' and when they leave to return home, they get a lump sum payment and arrive back in the Village as a relatively wealthy young man.

At which point he can marry, buy a small farm and support a family.

Some stay on for longer than the initial enlistment.

Their factories are another story and even more interesting.

The problem isn't labor, boys and girls. We can compete with that. Easily.

The problem with the Chinese is -- They cheat. They lie. And they steal.

And they're very clever about it.

All we're asking for is a more level playground.

And, of course, dimocrap scum are using the occasion to blast America and Americans because they like neither.

Just the facts
The China trade issue is way over Trumps head. He doesn't have enough brain room to address it successfully despite labeling himsef a "stable genius".

Who told Trump he was full of shit for claiming we are collection billions & billions for these tarriffs? And he's going to fix it? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

My heart bleeds for 'em.
The only thing bleeding is your mouth.

I'll give you my uneducated guess, and I say that up front, because I'm not stock market savvy. Here's what my take on it is, from what I've been hearing in the news over the last few years.

China has been known for placing tariffs on our exports for a very long time, at the same time, they are stealing our patents, our intellectual property and our technology.

How many billions...or trillions has America lost over the last 15 or more years due to loss of revenue because rather than China buying our technology, and our goods, they steal the designs and just produce it for themselves? All the while placing tariffs on our exports.

At some point, this has to stop, and if we keep humming along and letting it happen, it never will. Maybe it's time someone rocked the boat, and made a stand to protect our interests.

Perhaps we may be in for rough times ahead, but if we stick to it, isnt it possible that we will be better off once we get to the other side? Maybe China is just saber rattling right now, trying to get us to back off, but if they see we are committed, maybe they will concede and we can actually have fair trade in the end.

Trump's tariffs will not stop China's technology innovation. A number of American tech firms make billions in China. Google, Microsoft, and Apple are three.

"The trade deficit with China is a problem."

No, that is another lie Trump has told to his base because they are the only ones who will believe it. Trump is counting on his fans not using their common sense.

Most of his fans know that our economy is much larger than China's. What exactly does that mean? It means that American consumers buy a lot more products than Chinese consumers. It means that it is only logical we will buy more from China than they buy from us. That accounts for the trade deficit.

And the trade deficit is not a problem. It is good thing because it speaks to the overwhelming superiority of the American economy over the Chinese economy. The products our importers buy from China account for the trade deficit and are bought by American consumers in our vibrant economy.

Trump wants his gullible base to believe the trade deficit is money we are losing to China. That is a lie. The trade deficit is the product differential between China and the much larger U.S. economy.

Considering the success of our economy and our full employment, I will ask again. What is the problem Trump's tariffs are supposed to be solving? Why is he placing inflationary pressures on our economy? Inflation leads to recession.

In search of a problem? Chickenshit presidents have been ignoring the disparity in trade with China for forty years. It ain't a problem if you have your head up your ass.

"Trump thinks that tariffs hurt China, more than American consumers."

Trump's fans are gullible enough to swallow that line. What Trump fails to realize is that the vast majority of Americans don't give a hoot about the Chinese economy. We are only concerned about our economy and concern rises when the President does something to harm our economy.

Now he is talking about another $15B of welfare going to farmers on top of the $12B they have already received. What about welfare for the poor housewife who sees prices dramatically increasing on products and food she needs for her family? Also, farmers don't want welfare. They want a level playing field and an end to Trump's trade war with China. That said, Trump has greatly hurt the American farmer with his policies.

In search of a problem? Chickenshit presidents have been ignoring the disparity in trade with China for forty years. It ain't a problem if you have your head up your ass.

We have, by far, the largest economy in the world. In GDP terms, our economy is $7 trillion more than our nearest competitor, China. The World's Top 20 Economies

Prior to the beginning of last week our economy was on fire, and the stock market was setting records nearly every week. Essentially, we have full employment. Wages are up. GDP is up. Our economy has been on a tear for nine years.

So, what seems to be the problem?

To be more specific, what exactly is the problem Trump is trying to solve with his harsh tariffs? Why in the world start a trade war with the second largest economy in the world and the one economy American consumers rely upon most? Why drive up prices? Why place inflationary pressures on our economy and, perhaps, cause a recession?

Trump had the balls today to sermon American companies about moving manufacturing back here. So, when is assface Trump going to start manufacturing his idiot MAGA hats in the U.S. imstead of Mexico?

Walmart, America's largest retailer, said Thursday it will raise prices on some products as a result of the Trump administration's tariffs on Chinese goods."We're going to continue to do everything we can to keep prices low. That's who we are. However, increased tariffs will lead to increased prices, we believe, for our customers." Walmart chief financial officer Brett Biggs told reporters.

Walmart has less exposure to China than many other retailers because more than half of its sales come from groceries.

But Walmart still imports 26% of its merchandise from China. Target imports 34% of its products from China. Other companies, including sporting goods, auto parts and furniture sellers, have even greater exposure to China.

Retailers depend heavily on China in their supply chain. China accounted for about 41% of all apparel, 72% of all footwear, and 84% of all travel goods imported into the United States in 2017.

Trump has started a formal process to put new tariffs in place on the remaining exports coming from China that aren't already taxed.

Can you say inflation? How about less demand and more unemployment? Can you say recession?

On top of losses last week and more this week the Dow lost a 100 today.

Can you say loss of retirement savings for millions of Americans, including Trump's fans? But they still love Trump, probably because most of them have no idea what is going on. They are not fans of reality.

Trump inherited the Obama/Biden booming economy just like he inherits everything in his life!

We have, by far, the largest economy in the world. In GDP terms, our economy is $7 trillion more than our nearest competitor, China. The World's Top 20 Economies

Prior to the beginning of last week our economy was on fire, and the stock market was setting records nearly every week. Essentially, we have full employment. Wages are up. GDP is up. Our economy has been on a tear for nine years.

To be more specific, what exactly is the problem Trump is trying to solve with his harsh tariffs? Why in the world start a trade war with the second largest economy in the world and the one economy American consumers rely upon most? Why drive up prices? Why place inflationary pressures on our economy and, perhaps, cause a recession?

Sure, there are inequities in the trading relationship between the U.S. and China, but there are always inequities in every trading relationship with every country, even Canada. And, yes, China is stealing a portion of our I.T.

But, Trump's tariffs are like taking a blowtorch to light a birthday candle.

What has been the result? The stock market is the canary in the coal mine. How has it done since Trump's tweet signaling trouble ahead? Large cap stocks, or those in the S&P 500, have now lost $1.1 trillion since Trump surprised markets with his May 5 weekend tweets.

Today the Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 617.38 points, or 2.4%, to 25,324.99 and posted its worst session since Jan. 3. The S&P 500 also had its worst day since early January, falling 2.4% to 2,811.87. The Nasdaq Composite dropped 3.4% — its biggest one-day loss of the year — to 7,647.02.

Instead of cooperating and fulfilling Trump's fantasies concerning the outcome, China retaliated by raising tariffs on $60 billion in goods. There are no talks scheduled.

Beginning with Monday of last week millions of Americans have lost millions of dollars in retirement savings, and it is likely to get worst.

“I think this is a prelude of things to come,” said Phil Blancato, CEO of Ladenburg Thalmann Asset Management. “We should expect more volatility for the foreseeable future.”

All of this is the responsibility of Donald J. Trump. Thank you, Mr. President. No doubt Vladimir Putin is proud of your performance.

china men buying a Harley for a 100,000 grand after tariffs ?

As for your advice on how to use the Internet...fuck off.

I usually try to give you the benefit of the doubt.
But when you speak like this, you come over as a typical nut job radical liberal.

I won't stoop down to your level.

did I hurt the little snowflakes sensibilities with my mean words?

poor wittle baby, run off now to your safe space and draw some pictures of Trump, that will make you feel better

Sure, there are inequities in the trading relationship between the U.S. and China, but there are always inequities in every trading relationship with every country, even Canada. And, yes, China is stealing a portion of our I.T.

But, Trump's tariffs are like taking a blowtorch to light a birthday candle.

What has been the result? The stock market is the canary in the coal mine. How has it done since Trump's tweet signaling trouble ahead? Large cap stocks, or those in the S&P 500, have now lost $1.1 trillion since Trump surprised markets with his May 5 weekend tweets.

Today the Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 617.38 points, or 2.4%, to 25,324.99 and posted its worst session since Jan. 3. The S&P 500 also had its worst day since early January, falling 2.4% to 2,811.87. The Nasdaq Composite dropped 3.4% — its biggest one-day loss of the year — to 7,647.02.

Instead of cooperating and fulfilling Trump's fantasies concerning the outcome, China retaliated by raising tariffs on $60 billion in goods. There are no talks scheduled.

Beginning with Monday of last week millions of Americans have lost millions of dollars in retirement savings, and it is likely to get worst.

“I think this is a prelude of things to come,” said Phil Blancato, CEO of Ladenburg Thalmann Asset Management. “We should expect more volatility for the foreseeable future.”

All of this is the responsibility of Donald J. Trump. Thank you, Mr. President. No doubt Vladimir Putin is proud of your performance.
/——/ You’re wrong again.
America is finally writing the rules on trade

President Donald J. Trump delivered a major announcement just before the weekend about our two biggest trading partners. “We’ve just reached an agreement with Canada and Mexico, and we’ll be selling our product into those countries without the imposition of tariffs or major tariffs,” the President said.

Walmart, America's largest retailer, said Thursday it will raise prices on some products as a result of the Trump administration's tariffs on Chinese goods."We're going to continue to do everything we can to keep prices low. That's who we are. However, increased tariffs will lead to increased prices, we believe, for our customers." Walmart chief financial officer Brett Biggs told reporters.

Walmart has less exposure to China than many other retailers because more than half of its sales come from groceries.

But Walmart still imports 26% of its merchandise from China. Target imports 34% of its products from China. Other companies, including sporting goods, auto parts and furniture sellers, have even greater exposure to China.

Retailers depend heavily on China in their supply chain. China accounted for about 41% of all apparel, 72% of all footwear, and 84% of all travel goods imported into the United States in 2017.

Trump has started a formal process to put new tariffs in place on the remaining exports coming from China that aren't already taxed.

Can you say inflation? How about less demand and more unemployment? Can you say recession?

On top of losses last week and more this week the Dow lost a 100 today.

Can you say loss of retirement savings for millions of Americans, including Trump's fans? But they still love Trump, probably because most of them have no idea what is going on. They are not fans of reality.

What about the American consumer? When do they get some relief? No one knows, not even Trump. Gee, thanks, Mr. President.

The Times reports, "Trump on Thursday unveiled a $16 billion bailout for farmers hurt by his trade war with Beijing, signaling a protracted fight ahead that is already prompting some American companies to shift business away from China.

"Trump, flanked by farmers and ranchers in cowboy hats during remarks at the White House, said China had “taken advantage” of the United States for far too long and vowed to protect an industry that has been “used as a vehicle” by Beijing to hurt America’s economy."

No, Mr. President, this all began when you placed a 25% tariff on Chinese goods, and the Chinese retaliated. I guess Trump forgot that part.

Trump has his own reality. It is different from the rest of us. “Farmers have been attacked by China,” Trump said, adding that if the United States is in a trade war, “we’re winning it big.”

Really, Mr President? You have the balls to say that to a room full of farmers. They don't feel like they are winning. That is why you are giving them 16 billion. Did you forget that part, too?

The irony is, hardworking farmers don't want welfare. They want a level playing field where they can grow and sell their products and eke out a living. Trump is denying them that privilege, not China.

Forum List

Back