Trump's Sons Heading To Dubai As Business Interests Continue To Expand Overseas

And US Taxpayers pick up the expense...

Those expansions not only raise ethical questions about conflicts between Trump's role as president and as business owner but are generating concerns about costs to the U.S. taxpayers. The Trump sons get Secret Service protection, and their foreign business trips can be enormously expensive for their protective service, according to The Washington Post.

How did this sort of thing work when GHWB was American President? This because GWB and I think two of his brothers had business dealings that were through GHWB connections.

I don't think it was the same. I don't think his brothers had secret service protection - I think it's only immediate family - the President, his wife and his children.

"I think it's only immediate family - the President, his wife and his children."

Yes but when GHWB was President, his children would have had Secret Service Protection, his children being GWB, Jeb and whatever the other ones names are.

So President Trump's children also get Secret Service Protection.

Did GWB and Jeb travel as extensively overseas? I don't recall that.

The third son did... I believe his name was Neil Bush...

Also let remember Trump sons are running the Trump empire *** wink, wink *** and it has many international dealing which will require the sons to travel for meetings...

This is what happens when you elect a billionaire to the oval office that has kids that run his business...

Last edited:
And US Taxpayers pick up the expense...

Those expansions not only raise ethical questions about conflicts between Trump's role as president and as business owner but are generating concerns about costs to the U.S. taxpayers. The Trump sons get Secret Service protection, and their foreign business trips can be enormously expensive for their protective service, according to The Washington Post.
It must always be wondered what Trump and his family are getting out of the presidency just as Cheney's Haliburton gained from George W Bush's destruction if Iraq.

It's been a month into the Presidency and it has already cost $10 million in trips to Mar-a-Lago. Be real. And this isn't going to end, he's calling it the Winter White House.

You keep throwing around the figure $10 million - without attribution. You have proof, of course?

Quit whining --- it's been going on for 75 years, and NOW you want to make an issue of it? Is that because you just discovered it, or because it's Trump?

WHY? Do you seriously have to ask that question? Please tell me you didn't ask that with a straight face. Not only did Trump run on the pledge to drain the swamp, but also to cut government spending and help save tax payers money. He was hailed a hero by his supporters when he said he would take $1 as a yearly salary... but what did that REALLY do? He's making money off of tax payers through the security being provided for him and his family. It's unprecedented.

"
Taking a trip from D.C. to Palm Beach is pricey to begin with, but when you're the president, that trip gets considerably more expensive — with taxpayers picking up the tab.

According to The Washington Post, due in large part to their frequent traveling, President Donald Trump and his family's "unusually elaborate lifestyle" has proven to be incredibly expensive since the inauguration, to the point where the publication reports his presidency is already "costing far beyond what has been typical for past presidents." Trump's three trips to Mar-a-Lago alone have cost the federal treasury an estimated $10 million. Combined with the $500,000 a day it costs to protect Trump Tower in New York City and to protect Trump's family on one-off business trips — like Eric Trump's recent visit to Uruguay, where "Secret Service and U.S. embassy staffers paid nearly $100,000 in hotel room bills" — that price tag is estimated to balloon into "hundreds of millions of dollars over the course of a four-year term."

Trump's 3 Trips to Mar-a-Lago Cost $10 Million and Your Taxes Are Paying for It

Man, when you get hold of a nothing issue, you really chew it to death, don't you? You're like a poodle with a slipper - lots of noise, even more activity, all about nothing.

Did you actually read the article? You've got to be kidding .... there isn't a single verifiable fact in the whole story, other than that Trump traveled three times. Including the cost of the Coast Guard to patrol the shoreline? Seriously? The cost of ferrying the press corps? Seriously?

Man -if you want to have an intelligent discussion, you're going to have to do a lot better than that piece of yellow journalism.

Yeah... when I see you go back and nitpick all of Obama's trips and decide certain aspects of it shouldn't count towards his travel expenses then we'll talk. I won't hold me breath.

Why would I do that? I don't have a problem with his trips. I'm just trying to figure out why you're not as pissed off about Obama's expenditures as you are about Trump's.

Where was your outrage 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 years ago?

Well I wasn't a member here 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 years ago... and Obama wasn't making money off his trips because he wasn't staying at his own resorts. :rolleyes:

You keep throwing around the figure $10 million - without attribution. You have proof, of course?

Quit whining --- it's been going on for 75 years, and NOW you want to make an issue of it? Is that because you just discovered it, or because it's Trump?

WHY? Do you seriously have to ask that question? Please tell me you didn't ask that with a straight face. Not only did Trump run on the pledge to drain the swamp, but also to cut government spending and help save tax payers money. He was hailed a hero by his supporters when he said he would take $1 as a yearly salary... but what did that REALLY do? He's making money off of tax payers through the security being provided for him and his family. It's unprecedented.

"
Taking a trip from D.C. to Palm Beach is pricey to begin with, but when you're the president, that trip gets considerably more expensive — with taxpayers picking up the tab.

According to The Washington Post, due in large part to their frequent traveling, President Donald Trump and his family's "unusually elaborate lifestyle" has proven to be incredibly expensive since the inauguration, to the point where the publication reports his presidency is already "costing far beyond what has been typical for past presidents." Trump's three trips to Mar-a-Lago alone have cost the federal treasury an estimated $10 million. Combined with the $500,000 a day it costs to protect Trump Tower in New York City and to protect Trump's family on one-off business trips — like Eric Trump's recent visit to Uruguay, where "Secret Service and U.S. embassy staffers paid nearly $100,000 in hotel room bills" — that price tag is estimated to balloon into "hundreds of millions of dollars over the course of a four-year term."

Trump's 3 Trips to Mar-a-Lago Cost $10 Million and Your Taxes Are Paying for It

Man, when you get hold of a nothing issue, you really chew it to death, don't you? You're like a poodle with a slipper - lots of noise, even more activity, all about nothing.

Did you actually read the article? You've got to be kidding .... there isn't a single verifiable fact in the whole story, other than that Trump traveled three times. Including the cost of the Coast Guard to patrol the shoreline? Seriously? The cost of ferrying the press corps? Seriously?

Man -if you want to have an intelligent discussion, you're going to have to do a lot better than that piece of yellow journalism.

Yeah... when I see you go back and nitpick all of Obama's trips and decide certain aspects of it shouldn't count towards his travel expenses then we'll talk. I won't hold me breath.

Why would I do that? I don't have a problem with his trips. I'm just trying to figure out why you're not as pissed off about Obama's expenditures as you are about Trump's.

Where was your outrage 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 years ago?

Well I wasn't a member here 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 years ago... and Obama wasn't making money off his trips because he wasn't staying at his own resorts. :rolleyes:

No - he was making money by renting out rooms in his villa.

Forum List

Back