Trump's Rise Was Rooted in These Three Things

Well, yes it is.

Hitler was a Nationalist, a Germanic Nationalist. He went around blaming the Jews and blaming the victors in WW1. He was probably right about the latter, but the former... well, that was scapegoating massively.

The Argentinian Junta used the Falkland Islands/Las Malvinas as a way of diverting attention away from their failing economic policies, blaming the UK. This was also done by the previous leader of Argentina, the female Kirchner.

Milosevic in Serbia went all the way back to 1389 to bring up hatred for Kosovo, and decided to decimate Kosovo of Kosovan Albanians, he also went to war with others, turning neighbors against neighbors.

Hutus and Tutsis ended up hating each other in Rwanda.

I could go on and on and on.

I understand that you think Trump's nationalism is about serving American people. However the problem is it won't. The US is strongest when dealing with other countries. It's got rich of doing that. Thinking that turning around and being internal will work is not based on fact at all.

Think of states who are internal. They're not at the top of the GDP pile.

You say "common sense", generally people use "common sense" when they don't have anything to back up their argument.

GDP per country.

List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia

According to the IMF

You have Luxembourg in number one. A country which has open borders all around, a country which is very much external. A country with 44.5% foreign population. Then you have Switzerland, while not in the EU, it's in the Schengen Agreement, very much an international country, again, with a high number of foreigners. Then you have Norway, the same as what I said for Switzerland.

Wow. with hundreds of nations and thousands of years of history, you manage to find FOUR examples of nationalism being used by bad people for bad things, and one of those was actually tribalism.

Here are 3 good examples to counter yours.

1. US defeat of Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.

2. US defeat of Soviet Union in Cold War.

3. Winning the Space Race by putting a Man on the MOon.

The exporting of jobs, and importing of cheap labor has NOT benefited America or Americans.

Making simple assumptions doesn't get you very far.

I didn't post every instance of Nationalism. I picked 4 very high profile ones.

As for your "counter" argument. I don't see an argument at all. Do you have a point to make? If so, you might want to try making it.

And I posted 3 high profile examples of Nationalism being a force for good.

Which disproves your earlier point that Trump being nationalistic is inherently bad. or about blaming others.

Not really, you posted three things about the USA.

USA under Roosevelt was not Nationalism.
USA in the Cold War was not Nationalism.
USA putting man on the moon was not Nationalism.

We're not talking just doing something to make your country look good here. We're not talking about thinking your country is good.....d.

WWII recruiting poster.

bc972d56229bd1efe55c2085371f5b9601d46036_large.jpg

That's nationalism.

You're not getting it.

There's a difference between nationalism as a fuzzy feeling towards your country and having a Nationalist ideology. They're two separate things, that might include some of the same stuff.

We're not talking kids singing the National Anthem before football games, we're not talking about WW2 recruitment posters with Uncle Sam dressed in the flag. We're talking about Nationalist ideology, leaders coming to the fore on a Nationalist ticket, and pushing Nationalism for all it's worth.

Do you understand?

Wow. with hundreds of nations and thousands of years of history, you manage to find FOUR examples of nationalism being used by bad people for bad things, and one of those was actually tribalism.

Here are 3 good examples to counter yours.

1. US defeat of Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.

2. US defeat of Soviet Union in Cold War.

3. Winning the Space Race by putting a Man on the MOon.

The exporting of jobs, and importing of cheap labor has NOT benefited America or Americans.

As for your "counter" argument. I don't see an argument at all. Do you have a point to make? If so, you might want to try making it.

Which disproves your earlier point that Trump being nationalistic is inherently bad. or about blaming others.

We're not talking just doing something to make your country look good here. We're not talking about thinking your country is good.....d.

WWII recruiting poster.

That's nationalism.

You're not getting it.

There's a difference between nationalism as a fuzzy feeling towards your country and having a Nationalist ideology. They're two separate things, that might include some of the same stuff.

We're not talking kids singing the National Anthem before football games, we're not talking about WW2 recruitment posters with Uncle Sam dressed in the flag. We're talking about Nationalist ideology, leaders coming to the fore on a Nationalist ticket, and pushing Nationalism for all it's worth.

Do you understand?

I understand completely.

We are taking a Trade Policy with the goal of bring back manufacturing jobs, and an Immigration policy with the goal of benefiting American Citizens.

And you find this comparable to Nazi Fucking Germany.

WWII recruiting poster.

That's nationalism.

You're not getting it.

Do you understand?

I understand completely.

We are taking a Trade Policy with the goal of bring back manufacturing jobs, and an Immigration policy with the goal of benefiting American Citizens.

What? I did not compare this to Nazi Germany. Jeez, you don't seem to want to debate here.

You want a good trade policy with manufacturing jobs that have left the US simply because they can't compete by paying US wages. One day you love capitalism, the next day you hate capitalism and try and win votes by telling people you'll give them shit jobs.

If the US were truly thinking about jobs, they'd make sure education was pushing towards producing highly skilled workers who would be producing things that pay its workers a livable wage. But no, people want the jobs that the Chinese and Vietnamese are doing for $200 a month, and then think they can use protectionism to push this wage up to $2000 a month for US workers, and think the price will still stay the same... er.... er....

How does pushing for low paid jobs benefit Americans? How does ignoring that people want better paid jobs and therefore need SKILLS benefit Americans? Surely it would benefit Americans to look at all this sensibly. But not. Just put up tariffs, yeah, hooorahhh yeah, then we'll all have shitty jobs, but all the products will rise in prices, oh, shit, that benefits Americans? How?

WWII recruiting poster.

That's nationalism.

You're not getting it.

Do you understand?

I understand completely.

What? I did not compare this to Nazi Germany. Jeez, you don't seem to want to debate here.

You said Nationalism was about blaming others and you used as your first example Nazi Germany. Your comparison is insane.

You want a good trade policy with manufacturing jobs that have left the US simply because they can't compete by paying US wages. One day you love capitalism, the next day you hate capitalism and try and win votes by telling people you'll give them shit jobs.

Your assumption that the jobs lost have been lost because of fair competition is one I do not share, especially after the WTO Airbus ruling against the EU.

If the US were truly thinking about jobs, they'd make sure education was pushing towards producing highly skilled workers who would be producing things that pay its workers a livable wage. But no, people want the jobs that the Chinese and Vietnamese are doing for $200 a month, and then think they can use protectionism to push this wage up to $2000 a month for US workers, and think the price will still stay the same... er.... er....

I want the US's fair share of ALL the jobs. Your assumption that this is just about low paying manufacturing jobs, is you assuming the worst about people you disagree with and don't like.

How does pushing for low paid jobs benefit Americans?

Low skilled Americans need jobs too. And not all low paid jobs are the same. Depending on local conditions, I've seen low skilled jobs vary WILDLY in wages, demonstrating potentially life improving differences.

How does ignoring that people want better paid jobs and therefore need SKILLS benefit Americans?

NOthing in Trump's platform does that.

Surely it would benefit Americans to look at all this sensibly. But not. Just put up tariffs, yeah, hooorahhh yeah, then we'll all have shitty jobs, but all the products will rise in prices, oh, shit, that benefits Americans? How?

Massive trade deficits have not been working out for US. Time to change policies.

It's also why they will lose again in 18

Show me an intellectually honest liberal and I will show you a Conservative in the making.

That's complete rubbish. But I guess it make the right feel intelligent and good about themselves.

What you're saying isn't intellectually honest. Kind of ironic really.
If I told you I honestly cared about your input or feelings on this?

I would be lying

Show me an intellectually honest liberal and I will show you a Conservative in the making.

Great, so this is what you feel. You're allowed to feel things that are wrong, it's okay. But you're still wrong.
This from a libturd that no doubt denies that an abortion kills a child and so denies their rights and personhood. LoL. But, don't let that stop you from claiming the higher ground on TRUTH. MMMMKAY?

Oh, wow, insults, I didn't get past the fourth word.
I don't need to use words to insult the likes of you. Your (ironic) denial of the TRUTH about your position on abortion does that for me. Your ignorance is very self evident by that.

Now do your typical leftarded denial thing and divert, change the subject, etc. ANYTHING but own up to the fact that you don't give a shit that the facts show how you are in constant denial of the personhood and rights for the most vulnerable children in the womb.

Last edited:
That's complete rubbish. But I guess it make the right feel intelligent and good about themselves.

What you're saying isn't intellectually honest. Kind of ironic really.

I would be lying

Great, so this is what you feel. You're allowed to feel things that are wrong, it's okay. But you're still wrong.
This from a libturd that no doubt denies that an abortion kills a child and so denies their rights and personhood. LoL. But, don't let that stop you from claiming the higher ground on TRUTH. MMMMKAY?

I don't need to use words to insult the likes of you. You (ironic) denial of the TRUTH about your position on abortion does that for me. Your ignorance is very self evident by that.

Bye, ignore list.

I would be lying

I don't need to use words to insult the likes of you. You (ironic) denial of the TRUTH about your position on abortion does that for me. Your ignorance is very self evident by that.

Bye, ignore list.
Predicted response.

Thanks for the confirmation.

IMG_0246.JPG Part of the maniac's rise was due to his ignorance that there needs to be a wall built at the Mexican border even though more are leaving the country than coming in.
Trump gets everything backwards.
But if you're stupid enough to waste what 40 billion on it... this will happen:

IMG_0143.JPG

Bye, ignore list.
Predicted response.

Trump's inauguration crowd my ass.

View attachment 114963

Bye, ignore list.
Predicted response.

The link is in my sig.

But hey, if you want to accuse CNN of Fake news?

You won't be the first.

View attachment 114963

Bye, ignore list.
Predicted response.

Oh gee! A leftist Commie got more people to show up in a liberal town in a liberal state than a Republican did, and that's supposed to be proof of something.

Oh gee! A leftist Commie got more people to show up in a liberal town in a liberal state than a Republican did, and that's supposed to be proof of something.

Most people at the inauguration come in from the 50 states. Which gave Obama an advantage, since Obama's inaugural crowd came from the 57 states.

I understand completely.

Um, yeah. Mostly because Hitler blamed the French and the Jews, much the way Trumpenfuhrer is blaming the Mexicans and Muslims.

Your assumption that the jobs lost have been lost because of fair competition is one I do not share, especially after the WTO Airbus ruling against the EU.

That's one ruling you keep harping on... even though Boeing gets a lot more governmetn subsidies than Airbus does. (you know, like the whole Military Industrial Complex!)

Low skilled Americans need jobs too. And not all low paid jobs are the same. Depending on local conditions, I've seen low skilled jobs vary WILDLY in wages, demonstrating potentially life improving differences.

The problem is, dun-der, Cleetus, is that the number of low paying jobs is contigent on the number of people needing services. You remove 11 million people from the mix, you have less economic activity, therefore less jobs.

Look, guy, there's a reason why the States In JesusLand that inflicted Trump on us are dirt poor, and it has nothing to do with "illegals'.

Massive trade deficits have not been working out for US. Time to change policies.

I agree, we need to improve our infrastructure, or education and our health care system to what the countries that are beating us are doing.

You whine all day about Germany and Japan beating us, but you don't look at what they are doing right.

Most people at the inauguration come in from the 50 states. Which gave Obama an advantage, since Obama's inaugural crowd came from the 57 states.
Plus most of the people at DuhBummer's crowd was there for their gubmint handouts. OBAHMUH phones, get their bills paid, etc.

Plus most of the people at DuhBummer's crowd was there for their gubmint handouts. OBAHMUH phones, get their bills paid, etc.

Most Trump supporters were working and couldn't get off to attend Trumps inauguration. Obama's?????

This is interesting!!

The Rise of the ‘Traditionalist International’: How the American Right Learned to Love Moscow in the Era of Trump | Right Wing Watch
Following the election of Donald Trump to the presidency, two American contingents appeared to stand ascendant in the U.S.: white nationalists and the Religious Right. The former, ideological descendants of the Ku Klux Klan and Jim Crow-era legislators, would like to return white supremacy to both state and federal law—or, barring that, break off part of the U.S. to form a white ethno-state wholesale. The latter, meanwhile, would allow Christian fundamentalism to become the U.S.’s de jure national religion, with attendant legislation targeting LGBT and minority religious communities alike. Both white nationalists and the Religious Right tossed vociferous support behind Trump’s candidacy during the recent presidential election, and both contingents thrilled at Trump’s unexpected victory, as well as the authoritarian bent he’s quickly brought to the executive branch.

In early 2015, the leading lights of Europe’s far-right, including members of Austria’s Freedom Party and Greece’s Golden Dawn, met in St. Petersburg, Russia. The meeting, on its own, was one of the most notable gatherings of Europe’s regressive, xenophobic far-right in years. The group organizing the event, the Russian Imperial Movement, is itself an outgrowth of groups like Rodina—a Russian political party founded by Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, a high-ranking Kremlin official charged with running Russia’s defense industries.

Among the Americans attending the conference was Jared Taylor—one of the foremost proponents of “race realism,” which claims genetic superiority for Europeans—who spent his time at the conference condemning America’s liberal policies, including support for same-sex relations. Taylor was joined by Sam Dickson, a former KKK lawyer and another prominent face of American white supremacism. Echoing his European counterparts, Dickson used the opportunity to praise Putin for helping encourage higher birthrates, and exhorting his compatriots to preserve “[the white] race and civilization.” (It remains unclear who paid for the Americans’ travel.)

Alexander Dugin and ‘The Eternal Rome’
A key player in cementing ties between Moscow and American white nationalists like Richard Spencer and Matthew Heimbach is Alexander Dugin, erstwhile Kremlin confidant and Russia’s most well-known neo-fascist ideologue, whose work maintains an outsized influence both in Moscow and within the EU’s far-right.
\

Richard Spencer and Nina Kouprianova
For those who have just discovered the increasingly visible white nationalist movement in the U.S., Richard Spencer is one name that generally rises to the fore, thanks to the glut of press attention he received around Trump’s presidential candidacy. Spencer, who splits his time between Montana and Virginia, runs a “think tank” called the National Policy Institute (NPI), as well as the primary white nationalist periodical, Radix Journal.

As a 2016 New York Times article described, Spencer spent a celebratory post-election rally in Washington “rail[ing] against Jews” and declaring that the U.S. “belonged to white people, whom he called the ‘children of the sun.’” At the same event, Spencer led supporters—many of whom responded to Spencer with Nazi salutes—in denouncing the “Lügenpresse,” a Nazi-era descriptor for the media, before leading his followers in chants of “Hail, Trump!”

While white nationalists continue to pile praise on Putin’s policies, so too has the U.S.’s Religious Right heaped approval on Moscow. Indeed, at some point over the past few years, Russia stopped being one of the primary importers of legislation inspired by the American Religious Right, and has instead begun exporting both rhetorical support and model legislation for social conservatives throughout the world. “We’ve seen an interesting crystallization in Putin’s third term of this kind of … nationalizing the culture wars—in part an American export—and then re-exporting them,” said Christopher Stroop, a post-doctorate scholar with the University of South Florida, who has researched Russia’s links with the American Religious Right. “Russia has begun explicitly branding itself as leader of the global right.”

As Stroop found, ties between Moscow and the U.S. Religious Right predate Putin’s presidency. In a 2016 article for Public Research Associates, Stroop traced the burgeoning links among “right-wing fellow travelers” in Russia and the U.S. to the initial days of post-Soviet independence.

Which president is the lion of Christianity, the defender of Christian values, the president that’s calling his nation back to embracing its identity as a nation founded on Christian values? Those, ladies and gentlemen, are quotes from Vladimir Putin, the president of Russia.
Bryan Fischer, Oct. 2013, praising Putin’s piety

Forum List

Back