Trumps plan is workable AND popular

Making them legal isnt going to magically raise wages.......you still have the same oversupply of low skill labor

That's true, but Americans like cheap produce. If we cut off the government welfare tit to able bodied people, they might decide to compete with illegals and do the low skilled jobs rather than rely on handouts.

Only 3% of illegals are picking crops and the growers pass little to nothing on to the consumer in the way of cheap prices. What they do pass on to we the taxpayer are their social costs. There are unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign crop pickers but these greedy growers know they can pay illegals less and pocket the profits. Many Americans don't even live in rural areas to pick crops and it's not a career job. All other jobs Americans will do for a fair wage. They are not too lazy to do them it is simply about the greed of the employers and Americans can't compete. Educate yourself on this issue, will you?

Only 3% of illegals are picking crops and the growers pass little to nothing on to the consumer in the way of cheap prices. What they do pass on to we the taxpayer are their social costs. There are unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign crop pickers but these greedy growers know they can pay illegals less and pocket the profits. Many Americans don't even live in rural areas to pick crops and it's not a career job. All other jobs Americans will do for a fair wage. They are not too lazy to do them it is simply about the greed of the employers and Americans can't compete. Educate yourself on this issue, will you?

I'm not just talking about crop pickers, I'm talking about low/no skill labor from dish washer/toilet scrubbers to construction general labor as well.

I filled these sorts of jobs when I was a kid. There were no illegals to compete with so wages were above minimum. Welfare was not an option for me, but it certainly is for the generations of people who've never gotten past it. The hordes of illegals who will work for $5 cash an hour are detrimental, and I've done that too. It's how I learned so many spanish cuss words.

I think I have more real world experience in this issue than you have "education" in it.

Forum List

Back