Trumps message to Ghina... A true patriot

Wow, is this really how we want our leader talking about our country while abroad? It sounds like he is on his own version of an apology tour...

Trumps actual words:
“I don’t blame China... After all, who can blame a country for being able to take advantage of another country for the benefit of its citizens? I give China great credit. In actuality, I blame past [US] administrations for allowing this out-of-control trade deficit to take place and to grow.

My interpretation of what Trump just told China:
"Hey China, You've been taking advantage of our intellectual property and manipulating your currency to mount up a tremendous trade deficit but I don't blame you. I blame the stupid leadership of the USA for allowing you do it. You were simply acting in the best interest of your country..."

Lets translate it using his logic with another situation:
"Hey Bin Laden, I don't blame you for blowing up the twin towers. you were after all trying to protect your people, culture, and defend your religious beliefs. It was our fault for letting you do it."

#idiotLogic

China is laughing their ass off at Trump. He makes us all look like a big bunch of dumb assholes.
Apparently for some he doesn't really need to do that.

Yeah, I really don't think there is a big difference. I get if Lil Kimmy was a bit more reasonable and he and Trump engaged in talks then Trump would say something similar. He would respect Kim for strengthening his country and trying to defend his people...

like he is doing
if kim wasn't nuts, your post would make sense

but he's not

so you had to backpeddle with an 'if'
Of course its an "if" there was no back peddle... My original post was hyperbole centered around a central message and actions of our leader. Did you not catch that?
dfd9094238edc9c79406ea6c2eabad21.jpg
You done with words? On to photos now... wonderful. Great discussion
when people start bullshitting me, it's no longer a convrsation
What was bullshit?

Wow, is this really how we want our leader talking about our country while abroad? It sounds like he is on his own version of an apology tour...

Trumps actual words:
“I don’t blame China... After all, who can blame a country for being able to take advantage of another country for the benefit of its citizens? I give China great credit. In actuality, I blame past [US] administrations for allowing this out-of-control trade deficit to take place and to grow.

"Hey China, You've been taking advantage of our intellectual property and manipulating your currency to mount up a tremendous trade deficit but I don't blame you. I blame the stupid leadership of the USA for allowing you do it. You were simply acting in the best interest of your country..."

"Hey Bin Laden, I don't blame you for blowing up the twin towers. you were after all trying to protect your people, culture, and defend your religious beliefs. It was our fault for letting you do it."

#idiotLogic

BTW... Yes when it's not China or Shina, it's Ghina!

So you're cool with China manipulating currencies while bush, cli ton, and obama make deals screwing the american worker?

No I’m not, what does that have to do with the OP?

Trumps actual words:

#idiotLogic

So you're cool with China manipulating currencies while bush, cli ton, and obama make deals screwing the american worker?

But you're upset at trump for calling china out on trade and currency manipulation. Clinton, bush, and obama all made deals that favored the Chinese.

Trumps actual words:

#idiotLogic

But you're upset at trump for calling china out on trade and currency manipulation. Clinton, bush, and obama all made deals that favored the Chinese.

Uh no I’m not upset for calling China out, where did you get that from? Did you even read the OP? We wasn’t calling China out he was making excuses for them and blaming the US for letting them do it.

Trumps actual words:

#idiotLogic

Uh no I’m not upset for calling China out, where did you get that from? Did you even read the OP? We wasn’t calling China out he was making excuses for them and blaming the US for letting them do it.

It was the fault of clinton, bush, and obama for making deals in favor of China.

Trumps actual words:

#idiotLogic

It was the fault of clinton, bush, and obama for making deals in favor of China.

Ok, fine they all hold responsibility. So what?! That has nothing to do with this discussion

Trump on Xi: "He’s the most powerful Chinese leader since Mao Zedong. And some people say more powerful than Mao. With that being said, I really believe he’s a good person, he’s a good man, he wants to do right, he’s representing his people, he's strong..."

Gen. Michael Hayden admitted to CNN's Chris Cuomo that China sending envoy to North Korea reflects President Trump's effectiveness.

Trump loves the expression, "In the long run." He understands THAT is where you win after employing patience and strategic thinking.

Slade
Do you know anything about the Chinese culture?
Are you talking about respect for power?

No
I'm talking about their culture of tradition.
You greet them and make friends first, then you do business.
This tradition goes way back even before ,when the 1st European made contact with them.
That’s fine. I’m all for relationship building. I wasn’t criticizing Trump for not doing business i was criticizing him for flipping his position and making excuses for China’s crimes while throwing our country under the bus.

Forum List

Back